Poll: How many people on this site have a physical disability?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you have a physical disability?

• Total voters

Cooljohn

Reaction score
How many people on this site have a physical disability? Just curious.

Sorry if i weren't allowed to post! I'd say i have more of a physical availability, being really good at filtering out negative stuff that happens and only focus on the good, which was the exact opposit of when i were depressed. I see this as my super-power and it has helped me alot. ;)

I like that Robin, it's pretty funny. A good attitude does wonders. Physically, I"m sure, too, if we have the inner strength to count our blessings and be pleased with what has gone right in our lives!

Am I the only one with a disability on this site?? Oh, I hope not..

Hey Cleo,

Does being fat count? ;-)

I think so, so I voted 'yes.' And Cooljohn, who posted this poll, I think, does as well.

Hey lonelygirl,

I prefer to think of myself as physically challenged.. Yea, every day is a challenge, know what I'm saying? :eek:)

-Cleo

lonelygirl said:
Hey Cleo,

Does being fat count? ;-)

I think so, so I voted 'yes.' And Cooljohn, who posted this poll, I think, does as well.

Hi Cleo

What types of disabilities are you speaking of?
There are physical and mental ones.

I have problems with my leg (right one). At times its fine, but others times, especially if I had been walking long it swells up and I need to use a cane. I also have mental issues - fighting with depression, and loneliness places much stress on the mind and body. because of this, I lose focus on things and sometimes find it difficult to make decisions.

The second I pressed 'No' and 'Vote!' is the second my knee jolted a sharp pain and reminded me of my subliminally-incorrect posture and bone structure that prevents me from working more than two days in a row without serious pain and potential long-term consequences. D'oh.
I really should get around to paying thousands of dollars to have normal posture one day, huh? :rolleyes:

Hey Styx,

Is this a correctable condition? Don't you guys have nationalized health care in Oz--could they give you a physical therapist?

I got supra ventricular tachycardia.

AKA rapid heart beat...

If i do something physically demanding, a have a tachycardia attack where my heart rate goes around 315/min.

It makes u feel like your entire body is amputated from the neck down except the chest which is a pain that feels like ur chest exploding every beat.

Symptoms During Supraventricular Tachycardia

* Palpitations
* Lightheadedness
* Dizziness
* Loss of consciousness
* Chest pain
* Shortness of breath

- Taken From http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/106/25/e206

Hi Achpoques,

How are you dealing with having supra ventricular tachycardia? My mom had this as well, and she was on medication for years. Watching her try and catch her breath when she was having an attack was really scary. :eek:(

Yeah, this goes way into the realm of thread necromancy. We got a cure for that. *Blasts the shambling undead thread with a shotgun*

yup, physical disability all the way - seeing the end of the tunnel only now after 8 years, but normality is still a long way ahead

Severe Scoliosis. But you would never know it unless I tell you, or just pay attention to how I lift stuff, or use things to pull myself up when I have to get off the floor.

Latest posts

Back