my life is a waste and a failure

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

lloyd

I'm 21 year old male who hasn't got any freinds at all, I have never been out to any social gathering with a group of people my age. As a result of my lonelieness i can't see any point of my life.

It has effected everthing in my life, I have never had any girlfriend and I have failed all my exams this summer. i don't have any job i have lost all my confidence.

the worst part is in night times, i feel so more lonely at night. I excerise during the day to keep my mind off it.

teens years and early twenties should be the best years of my life, for me it is the total opposite, i feel like a waste and useless.

i wanted to let this out, i have no-one to talk to.

Hi Lloyd-

Welcome to the forum.  I'm sorry you're feeling lonely, but hopefully joining this site will help you a little.  There are many people here who will understand what you are going through.

You are not a waste or a failure.  You do sound very depressed though.  Have you considered therapy?  You need to build your self confidence up again and start being happy with yourself as a person.  That can be a very hard thing to do.  I think exercising is a good first step.  Keep that up.  Don't feel bad about never having a girlfriend.  Lots of people your age and older have never been in a relationship.  I'm a few years older than you and I've never had a boyfriend or dated at all.  So instead of worrying about your social life, focus on getting a job and doing better in school next semester.  When you do that, you'll start feeling better about yourself.  Only then will you stand a good chance of making some friends.

Teens and early twenties may be the best years of some people's lives, but they are also usually the hardest.  Hang in there.  :)

Hi and welcome to the site. Do you have any hobbies or interests, maybe you could join a club or social group, or do some volunteering. There good ways to meet people.

Hi Lloyd and welcome to the site. I know the feelings you are talking about. You have to remember that nobody's life is a waste. Just the fact that you don't have friends to socialize with has no bearing on your worth as a human being. As Elaeagnus said, there are many people your age and older who have never dated. Just because you are a little confused about what you want to do in life doesn't mean you're a failure. Even failing those exams will have no bearing on your life in five years. Find things you're interested in and see if there's any groups or clubs or something you can join to try to meet people. Try websites like meetup.com or something like that. There are ways to meet new people, you just have to try them.

Hopefully at this site you can find new friends and some support. Welcome once again.

exercise is a good start, maybe you can take gym or community classes to meet people. You are just as entitled to life as any other good person.

Hey Lloyd

I agree with Elae--sometimes the early years are the hardest. If you are only 21, don't you tink it's a bit early to declare that your life is a failure? lol Wait until you are 99 to see if things have gotten much better, then come back here and let us know!

Hugs,

LG

Hi Lloyd

You said that you failed all your exams, was it your final year at school? Can you go back and sit for your exams again? I say this because I never finished school, I left and did an apprenticeship instead. But I wish now that I had gone all the way and finished my schooling. I now think that a good education is such an important thing to have.

I agree with Blue Sky--don't give up just yet. There is always night school, going part time whilst working, etc. Just don't give up, since life can get better.

PS In high school I only went to a few parties. No body ever invited me to a party that wasn't part of a Drama Club function--I mean I was always on the fringes of everything.

Latest posts

Back