Add another to the list..

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

LostSoul

I didn't really want to do this, but I feel compelled to.

I'm one of those people who is lonely because I generally don't like people. I'm sort of antisocial because I rarely meet people that I can truly care about. I haven't felt any strong emotion for people other than my family since late in my mid-teens. I guess I'm a loner but still lonely anyway.

I've usually been thought of as attractive to most women and to people overall, but I never feel any kinship to them or love for them and people tend to disillusion me in some way nearly every time. I have been looking for my true niche in life for a while now and have gotten to the point of thinking that there is nothing and nobody(especially a woman)in this life that holds anything for my spirit.

Hi LostSoul-
Welcome to the forum.  I can relate to what you said in your post, a little bit at least.  It can be very hard to find people that you relate to or form a connection with.  Most of the people I know are very nice, but that's it.  Just nice, and nice isn't really enough, is it?  But there are people out there that you can really click with.  You have to keep looking until you find one.  It can be a rather tiresome and depressing process, but once you find someone it is completely worth it.  Perhaps you will meet someone on this site- I did.  Hope to see you around more.  

Hello Lost Soul,

I understand what you mean when you say people disillusion you. I mostly like people but never made any connection close to the one I wanted to make. It's very easy to give up trying and for years I was trying to be happy with at least knowing people a bit but never expecting to find what I wanted to find.

But there are people out there that don't disillusion you but rather surprise you and make you happy. You just have to keep trying even though it seems pointless at times.

I'm like Elaeagnus in this; Two months ago today I made a new friend through this site and, honestly, I've not been the same person since.
I found it much easier to get to know her and to relax myself when it was all done through writing. It's just a shame I can't do it this way in the real world :rolleyes:

Best of luck anyway, I'll see you around if you keep posting here.

Lost soul
I'm sorry you feel that way. Part of this might be, just a sense that you are disappointed with people. I'm a bit misanthropic at times but I don't hate all people, just stupid people and sheeple--which comprise the majority i'm afraid.

Hi Lost Soul

And welcome to the forum. I think that it's good that you decided to write your post, it's a positive step forward. I have met people before and decided from the first meeting that I didn't like them and never gave them a chance. I have learnt by not pushing people away so quickly and giving them a go, after a while most of them seem to be good people. Everyone has faults and I used look at there faults rather than there good points.

Latest posts

Back