Male Virginity=Homosexuality?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Observer

Reaction score
I have a question.....

Why is it that most people perceive male virgins as homosexuals? I was talking to some of my friends the a while back and they asked me if I had any "encounters" (wink wink) yet. I told them no and they started to question my sexuality. This greatly offended me and showed me just how obsessed our society is with sex. I'm in my early twenties (i wont say my actual age for privacy reasons) and some people find my sexual inexperience astonishing. I really don't understand why though, because I know that there are people who are much older than I am and are still virgins. It's almost as if society expects me to lie down with every woman that I meet because of my sex, but that's not me. I take sex seriously, not just for its risk of STD s and unplanned pregnancies, but also for the emotional aspect of it. I believe that when you have sex with someone you truly care for, your not just unifying your flesh, but also your souls. I refuse to have sex with someone that I truly don't care for. I know it may sound as if I am taking sex too seriously, but that is my position on it. Please share your thoughts.....

The Observer said:
Why is it that most people perceive male virgins as homosexuals?

The Observer should observe a bit better, says I.

Some guys TEASE each other about stuff like that, just for shits and giggles....but it doesn't mean that every person on the planet thinks that way. I agree with minty. I'd say that MOST people don't view male virgins that way.

Badjedidude said:
The Observer said:
Why is it that most people perceive male virgins as homosexuals?

The Observer should observe a bit better, says I.

Some guys TEASE each other about stuff like that, just for shits and giggles....but it doesn't mean that every person on the planet thinks that way. I agree with minty. I'd say that MOST people don't view male virgins that way.

I know that every person on the planet does not think this way. The statement that I made was based on my own observations and experiences. I guess I should have been a bit clearer. Please forgive me, I'm new here:p

im 28 and i get the same thing. its more of a teasing thing. what i dont like is that they insist on getting you laid as soon as possible with some random girl. there have been some people that i had to lie to to avoid this because they are serious. i dont want to just hook up with some random girl. i want my first time to be with someone i care about so it means something.

The Observer said:
Please forgive me, I'm new here

No biggie. :) Just try to stay away from generalizations and stereotypes, alright? If it's a personal opinion, make sure it's totally clear that it's a personal opinion. :)

Aside from that...have a great day!

Guys are always constantly "one up" each other; fragile egos I suppose?

Very often...when I overhear a group of guys having a conversation, there's always talking about who they've banged, will bang or have not yet banged.

There's a lot of pressure on young males to "lose it" and be "sex gods".
If you turn down sex, your fellow guy pals may see it as a lack of masculinity.
When I was debating with a relative on how men CAN be raped by women - she laughed and said there was no such thing.

That's just how it is.
Is it fair?
No.

All you can do is stand by what you feel is right for you.
Don't ever change who you are for your friends; who you have sex with is YOUR business.
Why should they care about your sexual experiences/ history unless they want to f*** you?

That **** right pisses me off...
I wish I could find guys with the same mindset as you...

I'm a virgin myself...
And it can be frustrating; but believe me, this is NOTHING compared to the hell you would have to endure with STDs and pregnancy.
That would f*** me over enough for several lifetimes.

I agree too (for myself) that being intimate with someone you care about is far more rewarding...versus a one-night stand just to get your rocks off.

***I'm sure for some; casual sex is great...for experimentation etc.***

But the bottom line is...
Don't give a honeysuckle what people think as hard as it may be...
Your time will come when it's right...

EDIT: Male virginity has nothing to do with homosexuality; your buddies are just simply using homosexuality in a derogatory manner. "Ohh...that's gay/blahblahgarbageblah".
I tell you...I'm sure plenty of homosexual men are getting it on right now!

I have no idea why people say that. Female virginity does not equal lesbianism. People just want to find some kind of excuse or reasoning to things that don't really have one, or that they can't understand.

I always found it a bit silly, most homosexuals I have met are gregarious and open about their sex life.

It just goes to show how ignorant some people can still be to think there is something "off" with you to have not had a relationship or had sex by a certain age. It is even worse when people think you are a pedophile, I imagine.

I agree with the others who say that you're incorrect about most people equating male virginity with homosexuality.

However, when speaking about those people who do think so, all I have to say is that they're insecure ******** who rely on some prepackaged supposed social conventions do the thinking for them rather than think for themselves. They're sheep.

Who needs sheep?

There is nothing wrong with taking sex as a serious proposition. I think it's admirable. I think that people ought to adopt a more live and let live attitude about these things. Let the people who want to be casual about sex do so and allow those who want to be more thoughtful, circumspect, or whatever, do so as well.

I really don't get why other people's sex lives are of such interest or concern, y'know?

cheaptrickfan said:
I agree with the others who say that you're incorrect about most people equating male virginity with homosexuality.

However, when speaking about those people who do think so, all I have to say is that they're insecure ******** ...

Some are insecure and some are just plain garden variety idiots.

Minus said:
cheaptrickfan said:

However, when speaking about those people who do think so, all I have to say is that they're insecure ******** ...

Some are insecure and some are just plain garden variety idiots.

from what ive seen, with most guys its both.

Some males have thought I was gay because I'm on my lonesome either that or because I've got a cute butt.. :)
I respect your beliefs..I would rather wait 'till I find a suitable female companion than to bedhop..
I'm gonna stick to my path,take lots of cold showers and watch my X-files dvd box set....the truth is out there!

I think you are totally justified. Do what you will - it's YOUR life!
Why have sex earlier than you want to when you could have it WHEN you want to?
Don't ever feel guilty about that one.

The Observer said:
I have a question.....

Why is it that most people perceive male virgins as homosexuals? I was talking to some of my friends the a while back and they asked me if I had any "encounters" (wink wink) yet. I told them no and they started to question my sexuality. This greatly offended me and showed me just how obsessed our society is with sex. I'm in my early twenties (i wont say my actual age for privacy reasons) and some people find my sexual inexperience astonishing. I really don't understand why though, because I know that there are people who are much older than I am and are still virgins. It's almost as if society expects me to lie down with every woman that I meet because of my sex, but that's not me. I take sex seriously, not just for its risk of STD s and unplanned pregnancies, but also for the emotional aspect of it. I believe that when you have sex with someone you truly care for, your not just unifying your flesh, but also your souls. I refuse to have sex with someone that I truly don't care for. I know it may sound as if I am taking sex too seriously, but that is my position on it. Please share your thoughts.....

Think probably you should care less about what other ppl think.
I don't think just cos someone is a virgin that their gay. That's just stupid.
Most ppl are not that narrow minded I hope.
I lost my virginity very young to a girl.
Ive always had gay thoughts.
Am still not sure whither am gay or not. Or even bi.
It makes no difference at all.
I guss if you have been single for a long time like I have some ppl may think your gay.

Funny things is with me I don't think anyone dose think I am gay even though I might think it of myself.
But I disagree with you that ppl well think your gay just cos you not lost ye cherry yet.

Mike Moose said:
the truth is out there!

lol

Latest posts

Back