hey vegetarians!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moose

Reaction score
any veggies out there got any good recipies? My eating habits are getting a bit bland lately..I could look for some online bit I'd rather ask ye folks...

Sanal, i know you're colour blind, but come on. chicken and veggie - NOT same thing :p
(unless the chicken is green. then i won't argue :p)

joking ofc :)

chicken is not veggie? @_@ How can that be possible. It's in everything.

pumpkin squash soup is pretty awesome.

cut up a ton of onions (one giant one or three or four small ones) and some garlic, sauté in bottom of pot in oil.
cut up 1 or 2 squash, pull out the seed gloop. (you don't have to skin the squash. i used to, but this is hard, and actually unnecessary. The skin is also healthier!)

throw it in the pot and mix it up. keep heat at a medium high, but if you think it'll burn, lower it.

bring a full kettle of water to boil, then pour it in the pot. stir and let cook for about an hour on medium to high.

once the concoction is stringy and mushy, throw in some spices, and whisk or mulch the soup till it's consistent (preferably with an electric tool, it's just easier and everything liquefies that way).

voila! I just made some yesterday, and it was very tasty.

While not strictly vegetarian, i think this thread had some.

Let's share recipes!

I would guess that Cheaptrickfan will be by with a few ideas.

here's another favourite: curried roast potatoes

ingredients:

2tp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
6 tbsp butter
1 tsp ground turmeric
1 tsp black mustard seeds
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 dried red chillies
13/4 lb/790g baby new potatoes

1) grind the cumin and coriander seeds together in mortar with a pestle or in a spice grinder. grinding them fresh like this captures all of the flavour before it has a chance to dry out.

2) melt the butter gently in a roasting pan and add the turmeric, mustard seeds, garlic, and chillies and the ground cumin and coriander seeds. stir well to combine evenly. place in a preheated oven at 400F/200C for 5 minutes.

3) remove the pan from the oven- the spices should be very fragrant at this stage- and add the potatoes. Stir well so that the butter and spice mix coats the potatoes completely.

4) return to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. stir occasionally to ensure that the potatoes are coated evenly. test the taters with a skewer [or equivalent I guess]. if they drop off the end when lifted, they are done. transfer to serving dish and serve immediately.

(from the book 1000 vegetarian recipes from around the world)

Minus said:
While not strictly vegetarian, i think this thread had some.

Let's share recipes!

I would guess that Cheaptrickfan will be by with a few ideas.

I think I had a few recipes in that thread.

SophiaGrace said:
ask Cheaptrickfan, she's a vegetarian :)

Actually, I am a lapsed vegan, and now a self-loathing omnivore. *sigh*

But my vegan blog is still up with the old recipes: Part-Time Vegan

Latest posts

Back