New here

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

N Pain

I have been coming to this site for some time, so I thought I should register and say hi.
I am a guy from the midwestern United States.  I'm in my 30's and have no friends. Zero.  I have not had a friend for 15 years.  I have never had a girlfriend. I have tried to start relationships with girls but I have failed every time.  My experiences have left me very bitter and angry, but I try to keep a positive outlook.  I have benefited from what others have written on this forum, and I am very grateful to whoever started this site.  It is a great consolation to know that I am not alone in being alone.
Take care all

Hi N Pain-

I'm glad you decided to register.  It's good that you are trying to stay positive.  It can be hard when time after time things simply don't go your way.  

I hope you stick around and keep posting.  Maybe you'll even make a friend on this site.  There are lots of people who can relate to being lonely and frustrated, so they'll understand that side of you.  The important thing is to find a connection that goes beyond a need to alleviate loneliness.  With all the members here, there's a good chance you can find someone to talk to and become friends with based on common interests and beliefs.

Once again, welcome!

Hi there,

I'm SO SORRY to hear about your pain. I hope you realize that you should be commended for making an effort to stay positive despite the fact that it's so easy not to. It's easy to become bitter at the rejection and be hateful, but you are working on being positive,and the fact that you come here means you are looking for a solution. Can you share why you think you are so lonely?

PS When I first came to this site, I had few friends in my life..but have met a few REALLY AWESOME people on this site...who I am happy to consider real friends.

Hugs,

LG

Elaeagnus said:
Hi N Pain-

I'm glad you decided to register.  It's good that you are trying to stay positive.  It can be hard when time after time things simply don't go your way.  

I hope you stick around and keep posting.  Maybe you'll even make a friend on this site.  There are lots of people who can relate to being lonely and frustrated, so they'll understand that side of you.  The important thing is to find a connection that goes beyond a need to alleviate loneliness.  With all the members here, there's a good chance you can find someone to talk to and become friends with based on common interests and beliefs.

Once again, welcome!

Elaeagnus-

I thank you for the warm welcome. I do appreciate it!

N Pain

Sure thing N Pain. :)

Do you want to tell us some more about yourself? Feel free to share as much or as little as you want.

N Pain said:
Elaeagnus-

N Pain

lonelygirl said:
Hi there,

I'm SO SORRY to hear about your pain. I hope you realize that you should be commended for making an effort to stay positive despite the fact that it's so easy not to. It's easy to become bitter at the rejection and be hateful, but you are working on being positive,and the fact that you come here means you are looking for a solution. Can you share why you think you are so lonely?

PS When I first came to this site, I had few friends in my life..but have met a few REALLY AWESOME people on this site...who I am happy to consider real friends.

Hugs,

LG

LG-

I thank you for your kind words. I am lonely because I have no friends and no girlfriend. I had friends in high school, but we usually just did drugs together, but I didn't want to continue that lifestyle, so I gradually cut off contact with them. I assumed I would eventually find other friends, but it never happened. I am shy and have been rejected every time I've tried to make a friend or start a relationship with a girl, so now I don't even try in order to avoid the pain. I get along well with people I know (coworkers etc.), but no one ever wants to get to know me better.
That's enough complaining for now!

Hope all is well

N Pain

Elaeagnus said:
Sure thing N Pain. :)

Do you want to tell us some more about yourself? Feel free to share as much or as little as you want.

N Pain said:
Elaeagnus-

N Pain
That is very nice of you. I will when I have more time.

N Pain

P. S. I like your name!

You should be proud of yourself for breaking off with friends who were going down the wrong path...it's so hard. I'm just like you--I don't drink, smoke, or do drugs--and it was hard to resist the pressure to do so--particularly in college. Because I didn't drink and smoke, I missed on on MANY major friendship opportunities and socializing events. However, I refuse to compromise this particular issue.

Bumping so this doesn't get buried. I want all the newbies here to feel welcomed!

Hi N Pain. Welcome to our forum. I can definitelty empathise with you. I'm sure that you'll make a lot of friends here. However, I notice that your status is still "unregistered." If you would like, please register so that people can contact you easily. Please hold your head up. You have lots of shoulders to cry on here.

Hey welcome to forum you sound a lot like me bitter and angry and I have same thing at work I get along with most my co-worker but never anything past work really shitty part is like they all hang out except me.

I'm new, too. You can read my introductory post, "New to the Forum". I am also in my 30's (37, female).

You sound just like me: angry and bitter.

Whereabouts in the midwest are you from? Would love to meet you sometime if you're close by.

You came to the right place. Sure wish I'd discover this site sooner. I've been looking for years, but never typed in the key words until yesterday.

Love your attitude. You sound like a great person.

Email me anytime if you want to "talk" :). Good luck!

Latest posts

Back