anyone have any good anime recomendations...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgecrusher

Reaction score
i am really picky when it comes to anime though. i cant get into the goofy over the top kind of anime, or the comedy anime, or the school girl anime. i like it to be serious and preferably sci-fi over like ninja anime. for example i tried dragonball z and i just couldnt get into it. although the animes i have liked... i have really liked. theres just something about some animes that movies cant do or something, i cant put my finger on it. i have already seen:

cowboy bebop(best series ever), blue gender, berserk, ghost in the shell(first movie only), akira, ninja scroll, ninja resurrection, wrath of the ninja, afro samurai, both vampire hunter d movies, sin, appleseed, spirited away, the animatrix(epic), voices of a distant star

i plan on watching hellsing and the new guy at work is insisting that he compiles the entire gundam wing series on a hard drive or something for me so that i can watch it. also has anyone seen castle in the sky or howls moving castle? other than those does anyone have any recomendations?

Howl's moving castle was pretty good.

Blue Sub #6 is a personal fav of mine. Elfen Lied is also awesome. Noein is a great one. So is Gunslinger Girls.

Those are just a few you could check out that are good. :)

Off the top of my head: Samurai Champloo, Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex and Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig are very tight TV series. Garden of Sinners is a great series of movies. For Miyazaki stuff Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Laputa are quite good. Some other good movies are Jinroh, Dead Leaves(very nutty), and the first two Patlabor movies. And for something dark try Texhnolyze. If you're looking for lighter adventure type stuff Eureka 7 and Last Exile are decent.

Laputa, Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa were great, I liked Ghost in the shell 2 (the film) because of the music, The Sky Crawlers I thought was decent but it was a little slow. That's pretty much all I know about Animes.

Evangelion was probably the last series I enjoyed, then I didn't really watch much, if you don't mind going through the entire series + the film, I'd suggest that.

Hellsing (not the ovi, the old ones, the 13 episodes) WIN WIN

you might like Texhnolyze

I found it far too confusing to follow through for its entire duration and can't say I fully enjoyed it though.

Haven't really been in the world of anime for a long time now... I think you'd like Ergo Proxy. 23 episodes, post-apocalyptic kind of, sci-fi and far from light humor. Very entertaining though the theme is pretty basic.

Seems everyone has good taste in anime, i like all of the above for the most part, and i agree with you on Cowboy Bebop being the best anime series.

Some other older Anime you might like -
Silent Mobius the Motion Picture(also made a mini series)
Harmegeddon
3x3 Eyes
Macros Plus(4 part mini)
Venus Wars
Megalopolis
Demon City Shinjuku
Black Magic M-66
Sol Bianca 1 and 2
Lodoss Wars
Bubble Gum Crisis
Armitage
Battle Angel Alita

Thats just off the top of my head. Akira prolly my fav of all time.

A good old American anime you should check out, "Fire and Ice" by Frank Frazetta back in 83.

Or Mtv Liquid Television used to run a series based off a comic book called "The Maxx". An excellent anime. The Maxx was one of the first comic stories for Image Comics when they first started putting out comics, good stuff.

Thats all i got for now.

how come no1 mentioned Dark stalkers: Night warriors T__T
and also the new series Angel Beats! I don't know if you'd enjoy them, but I think Time of Eve, Eden of the East, and Summer Wars was good.

Latest posts

Back