How to remove Limewire?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

evanescencefan91

Hey a long time ago i downloaded limewire onto my pc,

But I want it off, because I've been mainly using bitorrent since then and I can't use bit torrent if I still have Limewire

It's like a phantom program I did the control panel add and remove programs and I removed it but it's still there and whenever i try to download something the program launches

I go to the add or remove programs and it isn't there, but it is stil on my computer

does anyone know why this is?
could someone help me out please

Cool I don't want to jinx myself but I think that may have worked thanks minus

*hugs*

:D

Once you are in the LimeWire installation folder, locate the "saved" folder. This is where your downloaded files are stored. Locate and delete the installation file of the program you want to remove by highlighting its icon and pressing the delete key on your keyboard.

Once you are in SPAAAAM central, click on the link saying, "golf clubs for free" and enter the Delete Annoyances menu. There should be a subheading marked, "Family," one marked, "Friends," and another that says, "SPAAAAAM." Click on the last one.

Once you enter that menu, it should be a simple matter of bashing the SPAAAAMmer's brains out with a baseball bat.

Ah the violence.

I had that same problem with bittorent .... limewire wanted to DL the torrents.

What I did was unistall Bittorent and reinstall it, and when you re-install it there will be a prompt asking you if you want to associate files with Bittorent and just click yes.

I have both on my computer and it seems to work ok.

Open the "Start" menu.
Click on "Control Panel."
Select the "Add or Remove Programs" option.
Open the list of "Currently Installed Programs."
Select the LimeWire application.
Click the button marked "Change/Remove."

10.gif

just do a manual search for lime wire and delete off all that shows

or if you aint gonna mess it up, you can do a registry search and delete off the keys to stop the whole access

I believe evanescencefan had that taken care of long ago. I believe that Mr Hernandez just bumped it as he goes around salting the forum with the intent of coming back later and adjusting his signature.

I think the answer given is correct I had a same question too in my mind but did know where to get answer but I have found the answer now.

*fail spam essay link*

Latest posts

Back