My girlfriend is suicidal

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carcass Raid

Reaction score
She's constantly trying to kill herself. I don't even know if she'll make it this time. I've convinced her to go to the hospital a few hours later after she finally told me that she tried to OD today. I'm a mess right now. Still waiting for her to tell me she's alright.

I feel sick to my stomach.

Carcass Raid...if it makes you feel ANY better, Overdosing is not a very lethal method of attempted Suicide for reasons I wont disclose. Most likely she will be ok.

You did the right thing by persuading her to go to the hospital. it sounds like she needs some counseling.

Well... If she's constantly trying to kill herself, she couldn't be trying very hard...

Not to make light of the situation... But the fact that she's able to keep making attempts, and keeps making a point to tell you about them, might suggest that she's really not all that committed to killing herself, and this may just be a cry for help... I mean there's very few ways to seriously attempt suicide that don't work, and don't end up hurting you enough that you need hospitalization.

Either way, call the police, tell them the situation, have her taken to a hospital and assessed. She's obviously unstable and you can't trust her not to hurt herself. That, I think, is the obvious answer

And of course I overlooked the fact that you've already talked her into going to the hospital... Well good... Make sure she actually goes... Take her there yourself if you have to.

Yeah. Her family and her are doing that. I can see why she's tried so much. Still though. I have a handful of meaningful people in my life that even bother to talk to me anymore. She's at the center and...yeah. Idk. It hurts. Not being able to do anything. She's alright apparently. Still kills me everytime it's up to me to save her. I'll do my best everytime though.

Mysis: It's a long distance relationship. All I have to offer is my voice. She's failed mostly because I've talked her out of it. Before me her family has either caught her or found her nearly dead.

I can't imagine letting my girlfriend commit suicide. I can't imagine having a girlfriend either :b

point is, there's always something you can do about it.. but yea, if you cant cheer up yourself it's hard to do it to others..

I hope everything turns out ok for you both.

I'm not saying there isn't a problem here... But my point is that if you were really intended on committing suicide and not being stopped or saved, there are ways that are fast, direct, nearly guaranteed, and that nobody can stop or save you from doing.

I, personally, suspect she may be choosing these methods because she knows they aren't going to work and that she'll be found, or someone will have the opportunity to talk her out of it.

Failed suicide attempts aren't something you want to repeat. I find it hard to contemplate somebody hell-bent on killing themselves failing 2-3 times and still trying to overdose.

My point is, try to find at least some comfort in knowing that she's not making very effective or dedicated attempts.

Yes if she wanted to succeed she'd do her "homework" on the subject or pick more lethal methods.

She really does need help though. Her actions, while not lethal, do have serious ramifications on her relationship with her family and loved ones and show a lack of caring about the state of her relationships with those who are closest to her.

She says I'm the only reason she's still around. You don't even know what that does to me inside when she gets like that. But yeah. I thought I was doing good.

If that's what she's telling you I'll just say this now...

Don't ever let her put you in a situation where you're only in a relationship with her cause you're afraid she'll try to kill herself if you break up.

That honeysuckle you feel inside when she says that... That's the sort of emotion manipulating people make you harbor so you'll be willing to put up with their honeysuckle, and that's the kind of crap that'll make you stay in a broken relationship.

I'm not saying she isn't worth your time... I'm just saying watch your ass with this one...

It's only sorta like that. I feel special that I'm her reason but yeah...I'm in love with her because I love her <3 Thanks for the insight anyway, Mysis.

SophiaGrace said:
Carcass Raid...if it makes you feel ANY better, Overdosing is not a very lethal method of attempted Suicide for reasons I wont disclose. Most likely she will be ok.

You did the right thing by persuading her to go to the hospital. it sounds like she needs some counseling.

lol you can't say that Sophia, you have no idea what she took or how much. and yes overdosing is very lethal, even if you come around from it, it is possible that irreversible liver damage has occurred which will be a very slow and extremely painful death.

i think this was rather naive and ignorant advice.

Latest posts

Back