Just expressing my feelings this morning.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bae

Reaction score
I try to reach out but no one reaches back. No one just comes over unexpectedly at my house just to even do nothing, just to hang out. No calls, that's why their is no reason for me to have a cell phone. I see people at the malls, everyone is always with someone, then I ask myself, "how do they do that", as you get older it's hard to find people to "fit" into your life.

I learned that if you make new friends, there always seems to be negative consequences in the end at least in my experience, almost 40 years and still no friends, acquaintances?, fine, but whoever has a partner that can settle with for the rest of their lives, they are very lucky.

Life seems to get harder by the day, I wake up, shower, brush my teeth, get ready, no job, no friends, no car, then I try to figure out what to do but whatever I do doesn't matter because the next day is the same routine. I was once happy "like those people you see at the malls" but being alone had made me paralyzed. We all, I repeat, we all had lost so much already but we still have so much more loss yet to come, therefore, everything is meaningless.

I read a quote in a book it says "To be alone, To be completely alone, is hell."

i know how you feel. other than my sister as my friend i only have acquaintences. im to the point to where i dont really care about having friends that much. i have the few people that i talk to and im fine with that. i dont hang out with any of them even close to regularly. i get up and do the same routine everyday and its lonely as hell. i wish i could find that someone to do that routine with so it wasnt so lonely.

Hi there!

I understand how you 2 feel. True, when one gets older, it's more difficult to find true friends. Know what? it's never too late to start.

First things first. YOu don't have a job? Find one. Some , if not most important friendships may blossom at work. YOu'll feel more useful; you got income and you find new people and eventually, more people you find similar interests and some to bond with.

Please don't be so pessimistic about life. Life begins at 40. Maybe you're expecting too much about life. Please take it one step at a time. Forget about the other people at the malls; they live their own life. It's about time to live your own, don't be a bystander watching others living their lives; it will only make you more envious, insecure and inadequate.

So what if others don't reach out to you first. You can be the initiator. They don't reciprocate? So what, it's not as if they're the only people in the world. Find some who will like you, no matter what.

"Not everyone is gonna like you, but you can like who you like."

"Don't compare your life to others; you have no idea what their journey is all about".

Good luck and keep smiling! Maybe someone will smile back at you and fall in love with that smile!

Bae said:
I try to reach out but no one reaches back. No one just comes over unexpectedly at my house just to even do nothing, just to hang out. No calls, that's why their is no reason for me to have a cell phone. I see people at the malls, everyone is always with someone, then I ask myself, "how do they do that", as you get older it's hard to find people to "fit" into your life.

I learned that if you make new friends, there always seems to be negative consequences in the end at least in my experience, almost 40 years and still no friends, acquaintances?, fine, but whoever has a partner that can settle with for the rest of their lives, they are very lucky.

Life seems to get harder by the day, I wake up, shower, brush my teeth, get ready, no job, no friends, no car, then I try to figure out what to do but whatever I do doesn't matter because the next day is the same routine. I was once happy "like those people you see at the malls" but being alone had made me paralyzed. We all, I repeat, we all had lost so much already but we still have so much more loss yet to come, therefore, everything is meaningless.

I read a quote in a book it says "To be alone, To be completely alone, is hell."

Latest posts

Back