i can use some feedback from females

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should i even send this letter?

• yes

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • no

Votes: 8 88.9%

• Total voters

Palidor

Reaction score
Hello

I'm thinking of contacting an old flame that i haven't spoken with in over a decade by sending the attached letter (names changed)

Just to get some kind of a sense of a response, how would you all receive this letter?

Honestly me n this old flame never had more then alot of long looks.. so

If any females could tell me how they'd receive this letter "out of the blue" I'd appreciate it

~Pal

Hello,
Um, I'm not sure where to begin here.. I think i said hi already :) so um...

The last time i worked up the courage to talk to you was graduation night. I think i called you and you "didn't know me" you claimed.. I know you knew exactly who i was cuz i met Tom in the gas station the next day and he tried to act hard. Um, what was said? I think he asked why was i calling you? Think i asked him what business was it of his? Its not real clear, I just remember being aggravated over something else before i entered the gas station and his comment set me off. I remember slamming the pop on the counter and his uncle spoke up and told us to take it outside. Tom just shook his head and got quite. I paid for my pop and i left. Tom prob paints a different story if he even mentioned this day. But anyway..

I think i need to tell you why i am writing you. I think we both knew i was just head over heals for you back in high school. In 8th grade you managed to get your hands on my heart. I've never known another person (to this day even) that can just literally take my breath away. Um, its not a line. In your presence i was truly lost for words. When i saw you in the halls or caught glimpses of you in town my heart would just race and I'd try to get lost in those brown eyes whenever i got the opportunity. To this day if i even think i see you my heartbeat will increase. Its never you though and I'm sure that's for the best.

Anyway I never tried more then a few times to even speak with you. I remember one time you actually missed a day in school, so i called your house to see if you were ok. I guess shyness was a small part of me not trying harder to get to know you. I don't think it was ever a confidence problem, even tho we come from different worlds and i was always out of your league.

It's just when i got my chances to set my eyes upon you, it really was enough. I just felt so complete being near you, i didn't need to try to say anything. Honestly.. it was enough knowing you were around.

I have random memories of you when i try to recall them. For some reason i remember Mr W's art class. I think it was our home room when the good lord introduced you into my life. I remember sitting in Mrs V's math class being bored out of my mind and I'd imagine you leaning against the wall or in the desk next to me just to pass the time. :) Creepy? ya prob.. obsessive? ya, id say it crossed that line too. When you weren't "near" me i imagined you there sometimes.

I have more high school memories then middle tho. I remember the times you wore that red Guess t-shirt, the white redskins sweater, the green pajamas..well, to keep this short lets say i have more "out fit " memories then i need.

I remember seeing you at games, few dances :).. i just remembered that 8th grade dance of you doing cartwheels.

Wow, i really need to get to the point of this letter. It comes and goes Jane, but these past few months have been getting bad for me. I don't know why, cuz your not the last thought when I go to bed. In all honesty the past few years your just hardly there. But for some reason you keep appearing in my dreams. No there not sexual... don't go there. Um, idk.. its usually me taking you out to the movies or something and your always taken. Like you tell me your married.

Yes, i know you are. Um, idk. I can say I'm truly happy for you. nothings in this life is more important then your happiness.

Anyway.. when i was young i used to love to see you in my dreams cuz it was another chance to see you. You've probably never heard it but there's an old 70's song "in my dreams" by reo speedwagon. And that song just fit perfect.. I'd be dreaming of you and wake up. And i'd try to go back to sleep.. :p this never worked tho cuz the dream would change

But now.. well, the dreams aren't easy to take.. Cuz i know there will never be a me and you. And that's ok, cuz I know I'll never be able to offer you the many things i believe you deserve in this life. I'm glad you have someone that can place you on a pedestal.

My friend Yasmine says the dreams are cuz my sub-conscience believes I'm afraid of dying alone. Hmm, idk. Yes i'm single, yet with all honesty I'm seldom lonely. I've done the dating thing and past relationships didn't work out. Several bad endings.. It just seems like the single life is easier. But I'm without explanation for the dream's. Maybe Yas is right. Why am i telling you all this? I don't have an explanation for that either. Just these dreams lock my mind on you and... Well, wanting something you can't have is never easy.

Um, idk what to say Jane, i believe theres 2 kinds of love. Theres loving someone, and then theres being in love. The latter being the one to stand the test of time. The way my life is unfolding.. I think that I'm gonna die being in love with you, but eventually end up dying having met and loved another.

Idk, after 14 years why the hell do you still appear in my thoughts? No.. idk.. your right, how can i be in love with you? I don't even know you. I hardly know the first thing about you. Yes, I've kicked myself over this so many **** times over the years for not trying harder.. hell, for not trying at all. Idk, like I've mentioned earlier.. what i had.. it was just enough, it was enough for me to have you near and maybe get lucky enough to catch that smile.

Well, things I know about you are all 3rd party. Like i heard you planned to be a teacher. I remember seeing your name in the paper, but I forget what you majored in. I've heard from close friends that your married. :) What do you want me to say here? You've met someone who completes you, how can I not smile at that? If I think your happy then I'm happy for you Jane.

Me and you will never be and i can't be more lucid on that realization, but that don't stop me from believing that your just.. nothing short of amazing. A smile lighting up the darkest rooms, engaging brown eye's that capture a man's soul... let's be honest.. this list is without end if i continued it.

I hope you take the time to read this.. if not that's ok. You never liked me and it's somewhat my fault that I never took any chances to try to give you any idea on who i am. Well, this will end on one high note. Thoughts of you make me smile and in that sense.. you leave me with a smile Jane

I truly wish your able to get everything you've ever wanted out of this life

All my best
~joe

Well, it sounds kind of strange to be sending this to a girl who said she didn't know you the last time you spoke with her ten years ago. After reading it, I'm not quite sure what the point of this letter is. To be honest, I would recommend against you sending it. If you really must, then tighten up the language and eliminate the rambling tone so that its message is clear. Also carefully proofread it. All the more so if this letter is important to you. And lastly, don't open the letter by calling this girl out on something she probably doesn't remember from a decade ago. Just drop that part entirely.

This sounds more like something you wrote for yourself. Think about that before you consider sending it to this person.

Uhm... I think that I'd be a little weirded out, getting a letter like that. It kind of babbles and goes in little circles. I suggest that you not send it.

If I received a letter like that from a guy I knew a decade ago, and barely had anything to do with, I'd be a little creeped out. I would open it, skim over it, become weirded out, probably rip it in half, and then throw it in my trash can.

But that's just me. Perhaps the person you want to send it to reacts differently to things like this. I would advise against sending it personally.

Well... I would send it if it makes me feel good about it. For the girl receiveing it might be a little weird. I can tell you that if I were that girl i'd be puzzled but It's a;ways nice to know that someone is head over hills for you specially after all those years.

Good but delete the ums and I think, lack of confidence is usually seen as unattractive to females
Hello,
Um, I'm not sure where to begin here.. I think i said hi already so um... ( get rid of this line)

The last time i talked to you was graduation night. That paragraph was unnecessary though *highfives for calling it pop* You're from the midwest aren't you :D

i am writing to you Because I think we both knew i was just head over heals for you back in high school. In 8th grade you managed to get your hands on my heart. I've never known another person (to this day even) that can just literally take my breath away. Its not a line, In your presence i was truly lost for words. When i saw you in the halls or caught glimpses of you in town my heart would just race and I'd try to get lost in those brown eyes whenever i got the opportunity. To this day if i even think i see you my heartbeat rises (or races). Its never you though and I'm sure that's for the best. ( What do you mean by it's never you?)

Anyway I never tried more thAn a few times to speak with you. I remember one time you missed a day in school, so i called your house to see if you were alright. My shyness was a small part of me not trying harder to get to know you. (sounds like a run on sentence is there a better way to write this?) I don't think there was ever a confidence problem, even though we come from different worlds and i was always out of your league.

It's just when i got my chances to set my eyes upon you, it really was enough. I just felt so complete being near you, i didn't need to try to say anything. Honestly.. it was enough knowing you were around.

I have random memories of you when i try to recall them. For some reason i remember Mr W's art class. I think it was our home room when the good lord introduced you into my life. I remember sitting in Mrs V's math class being bored out of my mind and I'd imagine you leaning against the wall or in the desk next to me just to pass the time. Creepy? ya prob.. obsessive?( You're going to want to delete that! power of suggestion will make it seem that way and actually to me at least it doesn't seem all that creepy) ya, id say it crossed that line too. When you weren't "near" me i imagined you there sometimes.

I have more high school memories then middle though (please stop using slang, girls usually don't find this cute when males do it) I remember the times you wore that red Guess t-shirt, the white redskins sweater, the green pajamas..well, to keep this short lets say i have more "out fit " memories then i need.

I remember seeing you at games, few dances .. i just remembered that 8th grade dance of you doing cartwheels.

The point of this letter is it comes and goes Jane, but these past few months have been getting bad for me. I don't know why, Because (slang in love notes are bad) you're not the last thought when I go to bed. In all honesty the past few years your hardly there. But for some reason you keep appearing in my dreams. -Delete this, do not use um or fumble words in a letter- Usually me taking you out to the movies or something and your always taken. Like you tell me your married.

Yes, i know you are. I can say I'm truly happy for you. Nothings in my life is more important then your happiness.

When i was young i used to love to see you in my dreams because it was another chance to see you. You've probably never heard it but there's an old 70's song "in my dreams" by reo speedwagon. And that song just fit perfect.. I'd be dreaming of you and wake up. And i'd try to go back to sleep.. this never worked though because the dream would change. ( just a hint, but try lucid dreaming so that you can control your dreams)

Now these dreams aren't easy to take because I know there will never be a me and you. And that's ok, because I know I'll never be able to offer you the many things i believe you deserve in this life. I'm glad you have someone that can place you on a pedestal.

My friend Yasmine says the dreams are Because my sub-conscience believes I'm afraid of dying alone. Perhaps i'm single, yet with all honesty I'm seldom lonely. I've done the dating thing and past relationships didn't work out. Several bad endings. It just seems like the single life is easier. But I'm without explanation for the dream's. Maybe Yas is right. Just these dreams lock my mind on you and well, wanting something you can't have is never easy.

I believe there are two kinds of love. There's loving someone, and then theres being in love. The latter being the one to stand the test of time. The way my life is unfolding I think that I'm gonna die being in love with you, but eventually end up dying having met and loved another. ( a little dramatic to add death again in the mix, but you can keep it if you want)

After 14 years why do you still appear in my thoughts? Like I've mentioned earlier what i had it was just enough, it was enough for me to have you near and maybe get lucky enough to catch that smile.

Well, things I know about you are all 3rd party. Like i heard you planned to be a teacher. I remember seeing your name in the paper, but I forget what you majored in. I've heard from close friends that you're (((( your; is your dog it is possession, you're is you are!))) married. You've met someone who completes you, how can I not smile at that? If I think your happy then I'm happy for you Jane.

Me and you will never be and i can't be more lucid on that realization, but that doesn't stop me from believing that you are nothing short of amazing. A smile lighting up the darkest rooms, engaging brown eye's that capture a man's soul, this list is without end.

I hope you take the time to read this. The thoughts of you make me smile and in that sense you leave me with a smile Jane (awww major points for being so sweet :D)

I truly wish your able to get everything you've ever wanted out of this life

All my best
~joe

Great conclusion very heartwarming,

just ya please no slang, know the difference between your and you're

and no umms or idk, reading this will sense your uneasiness and then they will feel uncomfortable reading this.

ya stick with that and my corrections and then go for it, write adresses put a stamp on it, stick it in the mail box and don't look back

And I'm sorry for getting all grammar nazi on you, I'm hardly one to talk.

But I've still got rhetoric class writing hammered in my skull. If you want I have a friend that could proof read this more. Also you should send this to cheaptrick for proofreading she's a writer and helped me out on an essay of mine not too long ago

Good luck and *hugs*

lomojojo said:
. . . but It's a;ways nice to know that someone is head over hills for you specially after all those years.

I think, to me, that's the creepy part. Especially if I didn't know the guy at all.

Also, if she said to you that she didn't know you, I don't see how you both knew that you were head over heels with her. Thinking logically, if someone liked me, I think I'd at least know their name and such. Or if I liked someone, it was someone I was particularly close to.

lomojojo said:
Well... I would send it if it makes me feel good about it.

Exactly.

And if I was that girl, I'd just read it, cast a smile, and move on. Knowing that love is what's missing in this ******* damned world.

Cheers for the heart behind that letter.

If i got a letter like that from someone after all that time, i think i would feel pretty freaked out. I wouldn't send it. But if you feel you must, then cut it way down, and leave out some of the parts where you mention that you remember what she was wearing and the parts of you having bad times lately. I would save that stuff for your friends to talk about with.

I think its a nice thought to send it, but it just may freak her out a bit.

seriously do not send it, unless of course you want a sucker punch. i would be freaked out by it personally, and would not know what to think about it. its pretty stalkerish to tell you the truth. She has moved on, seems like you should too.

You shouldn't send it based on the fact that she is already married! O.O
I thought you want to send it to her in the hope that something would come out of it like a relationship. But if she is married I don't see the point of it.
Hopefully just writing it out is closure enough for you.

Your right. I never made it that far. Just enough to see why people are finding it unsettling. I can't see anything positive about sending that to a married lady.

Latest posts

Back