I'm a female with no girl friends. Don't trust girls.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilacs

Reaction score
I'm 26 years old and have zero girl friends. I almost don't have any interest in girl friends anymore. I don't even make effort anymore. I'm close with my sister and she understands me, but other than that I have no female contact. I get along easier with guys. I feel I can talk to them, turn to them for advice, and trust them a lot easier than girls. It's so much easier for me to befriend men and open up to them than women. I'm not a lesbian though. My mother has been emotionally abusive to me for most of my life and our relationship has never been that great. As I'm older, I've harbored resenment towards her but it only hurts me even more so I work at getting along with her. I sometimes wonder if this is why I don't have girl friends? associating them with her? I've always had a good relationship with my father. Even though he cheated on my mother and left her, he has always been the warm nurturing one that I feel calm around. I question whether my relationships w. my parents are why I interact with males/females the way I do..????

Women can be such bitches to each other, even the friends they have and claim to love they find so easy to criticise behind their back sometimes.

I'm sure the relationship with your parents had something to do with it.

lilacs said:
My mother has been emotionally abusive to me for most of my life and our relationship has never been that great. As I'm older, I've harbored resenment towards her but it only hurts me even more so I work at getting along with her. I sometimes wonder if this is why I don't have girl friends? associating them with her?

You're probably right about that.

Aside from that...there's really nothing wrong with feeling closer to men than to women, or having a lot of male friends and few female friends. It just comes down to personal preference and who you feel that you can get along with best.

The problem only occurs when you think that you're missing out in female companionship.

I guess the only thing I can tell you is to try a bit harder to surround yourself with women, if you feel that it's really necessary to go to those lengths to make female friends.

Yea I'm with BJD on this. I'm male with no male friends and I don't really see this as a detractor. It just worked out that way. Try to surround yourself with women if you feel like there is something missing, but if already have friends you trust who you can turn to for advice, you sound like you're in decent shape.

Well I want female friends/companionship. I generally can't keep guy friends in my life for a long time. Most are trying to sleep with me, but since they want something from me then I am less likely to feel like I am bothering them by talking to them or turning to them with problems. I just feel unaccepted by females. I feel like they will talk about me and have other friends and don't want me as a friend.

^ I feel the exact same way, lilacs...I feel unaccepted by other females...they're just so cliquey! They stay in their little packs and don't want to let anyone in. What is the point?! I would like female companionship/friendship, but it just may be a long time coming, from now.

The relationship with your mom may have a lot to do with it. Maybe it's put an idea in your head that most females are like your mother. Which isn't true, but you can't help what you think.

I only trust maybe 2 or 3 females. I don't mind having females as friends, but completely trusting them is a different issue. But that's with anyone for me, male or female. I only trust a handful of people.

I have a hard time being friends with females. I can be kind of pals with some online, but offline... I generally can't really stand girls. My best friend since 2nd grade is a girl, but we only talk a few times a year.

Sorry if I said, I think you're to picky, just because you had that bad experiences with your bitchy female friends, you judge all the female will do the same ??.
Anyway doesn't matter gender, age, race, religion or who ever they are, there is always bad or good people there. All what you need is just be careful to pick who you will be friend with.
I never get along with a male friends, because most of the times I can't share my secret to them and they're never serious to listen when I'm in a middle of my serious talking, but even like that I never judge all male friends like that, because I have as well some good male friends, even nearly all of them acting like I was said.
I have lots of good female friends, who I can trust and good in conversation with me, but some of them really bitchy and I DON'T LIKE IT.
Simple, I just keep a good friends which I think I can along with them, and throw the bad friends (even sometimes I still talk to them just want to say hello), all is depend yourself. I hope you will find you true female friend soon.....

nerdygirl said:
I have a hard time being friends with females. I can be kind of pals with some online, but offline... I generally can't really stand girls. My best friend since 2nd grade is a girl, but we only talk a few times a year.

We're friends. :p

*squish-hug*

Strangely enough I trust women more than men. Probably due to similar reason's the Original Poster stated.

I feel the same way. I have tried to make female friends but it is sooo hard. And often I feel it has to do with how cliquey we are. And how some of us follow these social rules and want to impress everyone around them.

They will only accept me if I can find a way to add to their social status. If I am accepted by the leaders. Gah.

But also I'm a social retard so yea.

But if there is one thing I would like is a female friend... they are just so hard to find. I have been talking a lot to Mish (I'm not sure if that is her forum name though), and she is nice :)

SullenGirl said:
^ I feel the exact same way, lilacs...I feel unaccepted by other females...they're just so cliquey! They stay in their little packs and don't want to let anyone in. What is the point?! I would like female companionship/friendship, but it just may be a long time coming, from now.

smile77 said:
Sorry if I said, I think you're to picky, just because you had that bad experiences with your bitchy female friends, you judge all the female will do the same ??.
Anyway doesn't matter gender, age, race, religion or who ever they are, there is always bad or good people there. All what you need is just be careful to pick who you will be friend with.
I never get along with a male friends, because most of the times I can't share my secret to them and they're never serious to listen when I'm in a middle of my serious talking, but even like that I never judge all male friends like that, because I have as well some good male friends, even nearly all of them acting like I was said.
I have lots of good female friends, who I can trust and good in conversation with me, but some of them really bitchy and I DON'T LIKE IT.
Simple, I just keep a good friends which I think I can along with them, and throw the bad friends (even sometimes I still talk to them just want to say hello), all is depend yourself. I hope you will find you true female friend soon.....

This is kind of entertaining to me.

You just told her she was too picky and that she "shouldn't judge people based on gender, age, race, religion, or whoever they are".

In the next paragraph you make your own generalization and say "I never get along with a male friends, because most of the times I can't share my secret to them and they're never serious to listen when I'm in a middle of my serious talking", then you say "but I never judge all males friends that way", followed shortly by "I have as well some good male friends, even nearly all of them acting like I was said".

It's not often than one gets to witness such a carefully choreographed dance around a clearly hypocritical post.

That post being:

Don't generalize, it's wrong, but I'm going to, then justify it with semantics, by implying your enlightened point-of-view is 99.99% of the time, as hers is 100%.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, but this is just too funny.

:D

Wow you women are really catty to each other. You need to be more like men, let things go and solve your problems with a firm handshake or bro hug. Why do you have to be so bitchy to each other, I've never understood that. One moment you'll be like best friends then the next it's all like, 'she's such a *****/skank/etc'

Sci-Fi said:
Wow you women are really catty to each other. You need to be more like men, let things go and solve your problems with a firm handshake or bro hug. Why do you have to be so bitchy to each other, I've never understood that. One moment you'll be like best friends then the next it's all like, 'she's such a *****/skank/etc'

Hahaha. Guys can be just as catty and stupid over petty issues.

Most people just suck.

LOL yeah but you will never hear a guy (straight) say 'he's so thin i hate him' and true some guys can be worse gossips than women.

Kenny said:
smile77 said:

You just told her she was too picky and that she "shouldn't judge people based on gender, age, race, religion, or whoever they are".

In the next paragraph you make your own generalization and say "I never get along with a male friends, because most of the times I can't share my secret to them and they're never serious to listen when I'm in a middle of my serious talking", then you say "but I never judge all males friends that way", followed shortly by "I have as well some good male friends, even nearly all of them acting like I was said".

It's not often than one gets to witness such a carefully choreographed dance around a clearly hypocritical post.

That post being:

Don't generalize, it's wrong, but I'm going to, then justify it with semantics, by implying your enlightened point-of-view is 99.99% of the time, as hers is 100%.

Hmm I think you misunderstood for what I mean in here. I said don't judge, because she said "DON'T TRUST GIRLS", Don't you think this is sound like as gender discrimination?.
I said yes most of my male friends act like was I said, but this is not make me thinking "don't' trust male friend, and don't be a friend with them". Because what gonna happen she (lilac), need to give a chance ... it's about when the right person will turn to her and when she will find her, so never give up, that's my point of my comment earlier, can you see it now ??.. or is it still sound funny for you ??..

Yep I see your point now. It's a good point. Sorry I misread it.

smile77 said:
Kenny said:
smile77 said:

That post being:

Hmm I think you misunderstood for what I mean in here. I said don't judge, because she said "DON'T TRUST GIRLS", Don't you think this is sound like as gender discrimination?.
I said yes most of my male friends act like was I said, but this is not make me thinking "don't' trust male friend, and don't be a friend with them". Because what gonna happen she (lilac), need to give a chance ... it's about when the right person will turn to her and when she will find her, so never give up, that's my point of my comment earlier, can you see it now ??.. or is it still sound funny for you ??..

Sci-Fi said:
LOL yeah but you will never hear a guy (straight) say 'he's so thin i hate him' and true some guys can be worse gossips than women.

Maybe not. But I do hear guys say things like:

"That kid is such a fag. I hate him."

"That chick is such a whore."

"Dude, guess who I banged last night."

Both sexes have their faults. Just have to sift through quite a few ******** and bitches to find a genuine person with a good heart.

I feel the same way. I really tried several times to have female friends but each time it had a bad ending. Either they don't like your clothes, because you don't care about brands. Nor they think you're not girlylike, meaning you don't act different with guys when you meet them. Or they freak out when the guy they liked shows interest in you. I've met a lot of women who had the biggest yap when they were talking in a group with females, but when a guy just joined us they were suddenly the shyest and most vulerable little things you've ever seen. Well, even that I tolerate as long as nobody tries to change me. But mostly I faced unacceptance. Also talking bad about the "best friend" is something I really don't tolerate.
I enjoy the company of males also when I just want to hang out. Nevertheless I can't say that I'm not missing a female companion.

cookie said:
Also talking bad about the "best friend" is something I really don't tolerate.

I do that sometimes. I just assume it's because I don't know how to communicate with people. =l

I think it happens when people don't want a confrontation, so they just choose to complain rather than be up-front with the person. They lack courage.

Latest posts

Back