Single in Southern California with Herpes (HSV-2)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do You Have Herpes (HSV-2)?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I was tested before my most recent partner and it came back negative

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it's no, but I haven't been tested in a while (or ever)

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • I think I might

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So here I am over 30 now, 31 to be exact. I had fun in my 20s, not interested in getting married or having children...could all come later. Then, a year and a half ago I get diagnosed with genital herpes. That has changed the dating world tremendously. Physically, it's no big deal...doesn't hurt me, doesn't affect me in any way. Psychologically, however, it's quite an issue. I decided that I needed to be proactive and educate myself on it. I find out that 1 in 3 in big cities like mine have it! 1 in 3! Well, most don't know about it or don't tell others...so the pool is not very big. Dating is tough...I am now at a point where I will ONLY date guys that also have it. It's hard to put such limitations on dating when you are looking to find, "the one".

Anyone else willing to admit they have it too? I understand if you don't want to post publicly, but I'm always open to a private message.

Well, I'm not hugely educated on Herpes, but I can say that I display no symptoms of it, and I've never been tested positive for it when I've had opportunities to have my blood tested. Of course, I guess I could have picked it up since my last test. Now you've made me all paranoid! :p

Honestly, I think you're very brave for posting about this issue, incognitowithh. There really aren't many people who would take the steps to be safe and responsible about it like you are doing. So that gives you some big respek points in my book. :p

*HUGS* I hope things go well for you, and if you ever need to chat about anything, feel free to PM me or contact me by email. :)

Badjedidude said:
Well, I'm not hugely educated on Herpes, but I can say that I display no symptoms of it, and I've never been tested positive for it when I've had opportunities to have my blood tested. Of course, I guess I could have picked it up since my last test. Now you've made me all paranoid! :p

Honestly, I think you're very brave for posting about this issue, incognitowithh. There really aren't many people who would take the steps to be safe and responsible about it like you are doing. So that gives you some big respek points in my book. :p

*HUGS* I hope things go well for you, and if you ever need to chat about anything, feel free to PM me or contact me by email. :)

Awww, thanks, you are very sweet.

Yeah, the only real way to know if you have it or not is to get a herpes blood test...unfortunately, if you ask for an STD battery, herpes isn't included. This is the reason that it keeps spreading. You can never have a symptom but still spread it.

There are so many that have no problem never telling their partner that they have it...I just couldn't live with myself if I did that. Of course that makes finding my life partner all that much harder.

incognitowithh said:
...unfortunately, if you ask for an STD battery, herpes isn't included.

Hmmm I didn't know that it needed a separate test from the STD spread. :p Shows how much I know about things. lol

incognitowithh said:
There are so many that have no problem never telling their partner that they have it...I just couldn't live with myself if I did that. Of course that makes finding my life partner all that much harder.

...and it's very hard to find someone with as resolute inner guidelines and standards as you have. I think that whoever you end up with will be very lucky indeed, despite the circumstances or obstacles of your ending up together.

:) I have a feeling that you may find your partner sooner than you realize. And again, good luck with everything. ^_^

Latest posts

Back