1 + 0 = 0

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuff4096

Reaction score
"Alone you are mighty, together you are legends" - Charles Xavier

"Don't cross the streams" - Egon Spengler

"Have you ever danced with the devil by the pale moonlight?" - The Joker

"A life without love is not worth living" - ???

"Suicide is not chosen; it happens when pain exceeds resources for coping with pain" - ???

"They tell us that suicide is the greatest piece of cowardice... that suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in the world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person" - Arthur Schopenhauer

"All our knowledge merely helps us to die a more painful death than animals that know nothing" - Maurice Maeterlinck

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light" - Helen Keller

"What other dungeon is so dark as one's own heart! What jailer so inexorable as one's self!" - Nathaniel Hawthorne

"It is always consoling to think of suicide: in that way one gets through many a bad night" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"That's the thing about suicide. Try as you might to remember how a person lived his life, you always end up thinking about how he ended it" - Anderson Cooper

"The few remaining truths are graffiti, suicide notes, shopping lists" - Francesca da Rimini

"The great thing about suicide is that it's not one of those things you have to do now or you lose your chance. I mean, you can always do it later" - Harvey Fierstein

"The suicide arrives at the conclusion that what he is seeking does not exist; the seeker concludes that what he has not yet looked in the right place" - Paul Watzlawick

"A pessimist only sees the dark side of the clouds, and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all--he's walking on them" - Leonard L. Levinson

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering" - Yoda

Some of those, most of them, if not all of them, are quite depressive:(
But seeing you put them in here tells about you, as you choose them, and decided to express yourself through them.
Its sad to see that you are not doing well. I´m sorry that you are not doing well.
I hope you will see some other quotes that will once be closer to your heart than these ones.
I´m sorry I have no advice for you, how to feel better.

Its even a bit saddening for me to see myself in one of those, no matter how much I disagree with other opinions of that man.

But maybe, just maybe, you should look for love elsewhere, not meaning in people. Things, whether material or not, can be loved as well. We humans may think that is us only, but its rather a whole world of things, whether we see them as living or not, that this world is consisted of.
For whatever foolish reasons there may be, we may find love to things, and with things, that we might have never expected. No matter how hard it is.

I´m sorry for my shallow advise, I have no better I´m afraid.
I´m sorry for you being hurt to the point of silent scream such as this.
I´m sorry I´m unable to be of more help.
I hope that the bright side of life, not love only, but as of love of life, will prevail in you, and will brighten your days.

Feelings come and go all the time, I hope this is a temporary stage for you, although I do think some of these things myself sometimes, more as an entertaining alternative than a serious consideration, but there is indeed something romantic in suicide. Hope all goes well for you, though.

Yellowcat & Seeker,

Thank you both for your comments

I do admit there are peaks and valleys in my feelings, but rather than peaking at happy it is more like my peaks are just times when I am not as down if that makes any sense. The last time I was "happy" was probably like 9 years ago. Back then I was still naive enough to believe things would eventually work out. I no longer believe that. I take comfort in knowing that eventually, in death, my sadness will finally end. I am so very tired and look forward to eternal slumber

stuff4096 said:
Yellowcat & Seeker,

Thank you both for your comments

I do admit there are peaks and valleys in my feelings, but rather than peaking at happy it is more like my peaks are just times when I am not as down if that makes any sense. The last time I was "happy" was probably like 9 years ago. Back then I was still naive enough to believe things would eventually work out. I no longer believe that. I take comfort in knowing that eventually, in death, my sadness will finally end. I am so very tired and look forward to eternal slumber

Oh gosh, what an oddly beautiful post this here was! It brought tears to my eyes... but unfortunately, I know the very same feeling all too well. For better or worse, someday it's all going to be over...
*hugs*

Latest posts

Back