2nd entry: pajama pants/loungewear.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beingnobody

Reaction score
Do you wear pajamas/lounge pants, out of the house, in public?

It seems society is trying to shame people for wearing this apparel in public. First off, there is not much more disgusting to me than public shaming and guilt tripping. The word "lazy" imo, is one of the most vulgar, obscene terms in language because it is always used to shame people into conformity.

Myself, I wear lounge pants exclusively in public. I do not wear pajamas, period.. and I never wear loungers to "lounge." They are always clean, even though I, myself, might not be on top of personal hygiene. I will wear lounge pants to doctor appointment in the morning.

^ Good for you. Wear whatever you want to wear. I pretty much exclusively wear old work clothes everywhere I go. I like it because people tend to stay clear of me.

Last edited:
Maybe that is why people stay clear of me.

I don't own any kind of pants, whether they're lounge pants or jeans or leggings or pajamas or whatever. I'm a dress and skirt girl because that's comfortable to me. Out and about, I look dressed up to most people but to me, it's my 'casual' style.

I've never gone out in public in pajama pants, I like to clean up and wear my regular clothes out, it's the only time I get to wear them. I've seen people out in their pj pants and honestly I just hope they have underwear on underneath :ROFLMAO:.

I couldn't do it because I don't want the icky outside world on my pajamas that I wear under the covers. Those are strictly for inside.

Also, I also like to be at least somewhat presentable, in my own way, as much as I can be under the circumstances. It's not so much to play society's stupid games or to kiss up to others for approval, as much as it is to take pride in myself and my appearance, and feel more confident for it. I wish I'd realized that sooner and been thinking that way the whole time.

Not really pants-related, but I used to go out with messy hair, wear the same things over and over, not shave consistently, etc. because I felt like, I'm never going to be good-looking because I'm ugly/weird-looking/weak/can't compete with the dudebros for looks or muscle so why bother. But looking back I should have just taken pride in myself and pushed my looks to the max just to feel better about myself - my form might not be the best, but it's mine, and all that. Maybe it would have given me better energy going forward.

Leggings with a long top is my hard limit. Definitely not pajamas. Getting ready to go out, even to the shop, makes me feel better.

During an ice storm I did. Full on pjs, in a store. Half the town and countryside out of power and water for a week and more. Most everyone was in pajamas or cozy clothes. It had a vibe like a giant slumber party. It felt like being a kid, easy and free, and not being judged for it.

I don't like being in public much.

No, absolutely never. To me, it is unthinkable. You get up and show the world your worth. I have no issue with leisure clothing, but pj's outdoors, goes against everything that I have been taught, from either a military perspective, family, or school.

Perhaps I am a snob, old fashioned, or simply put of touch. But I will admit that it angers me, especially when younger people do it. 3:30 in the afternoon, and young mums collect their children from school, whilst still wearing pj's. What standards do they set for following generations?

No, no, no-no, no. It's like manners, you use them even when others do not. Just as, you clean, dress, and act like a contributing member of society, even when others do not.

If you're having an adult slumber party perfect wedding with white wedding cape, you need to have a more formal theme. You can choose a classic striped PJ set for a bachelorette party. Alternatively, you can get a satin or lace playsuit for the adults. If the slumber party is for a cat lover, you can choose a PJ set with a heart-shaped top and bottoms.

I'm a straight street clothes/work clothes kind of a dude.
That way I'm always ready for whatever.
Even as an early teen I kind of liked the idea of weighted clothing, that might have something to do with it.
For that matter, I only wear boots as well.
Preferably Dr. Martens, but I mean, I don't just have $200 for boots anytime I need new boots. So 🤷‍♂️ 😅
I have some thermal pajama pants and a long sleeve shirt for the Winter but that's exclusively for keeping myself warm. I live near the equator, so that's a seasonal thing.

Lighter and softer clothing *is* comfortable to me, I just don't want to put the money into it, tbh. I enjoy comfort more if it's more of a fleeting, passive experience than if it becomes a regulated routine. It means more to me in rarity. At least, physically, that is. This is kind of in direct paradox and contrast to my mental state: Which is mostly just relaxed.

Latest posts

Back