34 year old man, not feeling too optimistic about 2022.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And I get why you feel that way, but you also have to remember that you don't know everything that comes with all that. It's not all rainbows and sparkles. For some, there is some truly disturbing honeysuckle that goes with it. For others, there's not. Maybe you would get lucky and have mostly good experiences, but you have to remember that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.
And you're right, we can't understand what it's like for you, but the other side of the coin is that you can't understand what it's like for some of us.

That said, I hope you can find what you want out of life. Just keep in mind that you will get more out of life with a positive attitude than a negative one. Self fulfilling prophecy and all that.

Being a billionaire isn't all sparkles and sunshine and comes with its problems. The homeless really need get over this envy thing which after all isn't healthy, and have some empathy for those thus cursed. Can we please have some mutual respect and understanding here? /s

Being a billionaire isn't all sparkles and sunshine and comes with its problems too. The homeless really need get over this envy thing, which after all isn't healthy, and have some empathy for those thus cursed.
And yet, aside from a few billionaires, ALL of the people in those situations have actually experienced the other side and know. :unsure:

If things were to suddenly change tomorrow would that compensate for what's been lost or do you think you'd remain unsatisfied?

I'm veering towards the latter. Even if I could date and socialize younger I'm still an old man trying to capture experiences most have by 20.

If things were to suddenly change tomorrow would that compensate for what's been lost or do you think you'd remain unsatisfied?

I'm veering towards the latter. Even if I could date and socialize younger I'm still an old man trying to capture experiences most have by 20.

No, you're trying to BE in your 20's because you seem to have decided that you can't have a decent life if you don't go back and live that time you "lost." You don't want to realize that don't have to do that honeysuckle to be happy, you are just so **** stuck and trapped in that time that you can't see anything else, you refuse to see anything else.

That's on you, but what you are saying has nothing to do with what I said to Forgotten and we've already done this conversation a million times and I don't really see the point of having it again. So you do you, I hope it works out for you, I really do.

LonelyGeorge, you're obviously either a wind-up artist or incredibly tactless, to come into a post like this one and describe some of your sexual encounters in the detail in which you did. My money is on the former.

LonelyGeorge, you're obviously either a wind-up artist or incredibly tactless, to come into a post like this one and describe some of your sexual encounters in the detail in which you did. My money is on the former.
First off, I apologized in advance if I offended anybody. And I didn't go into any kind of detail when describing a sexual encounter of mine. If anyone was tactless I would say it was your reply. No one else seemed to care one way or another. So you can go fresia yourself. How's that for tactless?

First off, I apologized in advance if I offended anybody. And I didn't go into any kind of detail when describing a sexual encounter of mine. If anyone was tactless I would say it was your reply. No one else seemed to care one way or another. So you can go fresia yourself. How's that for tactless?

"Sweating like crazy with our juices mixing together and rolling around in the bed".

That's not detailed?

"So you can go fresia yourself. How's that for tactless?"

The feeling is entirely mutual.

Momma says Maturity is as Maturity does......

iu

Let me see....I'm still a virgin who's never had a girlfriend, still unemployed (not from a lack of trying), my one friend in life is now behaving very distantly towards me and I've developed pain in one of my legs that won't seem to go away.

All in all, you could say life is going really well and I'm thoroughly looking forward to 2022.
That's understandable. Maybe this list will help.

1)Hire someone to take your virginity, if it's an issue. I'm not sure which country you're in for sex worker legality. I'm not sure if you identify as an incel or not, but I don't see how it's better to complain than to pay a professional to help you. (I'm not using incel as a perjorative, if you're unhappy with your sexual status or lack thereof, then you're clearly an "involuntary" celibate).

2)Try to date someone within your league. I mean, don't try to punch above your weight. We all have to have realistic expectations for who will return our affections. I mean, I'd like to marry an Adonis but since I'm not Aphrodite, I have to be honest about it. Do you understand what I'm trying to politely say?

3)Make your own employment. I've faced a similar issue to you and I have always done my best despite challenging health circumstances, caring for a dying parent, being psychologically abused by the other and so on, to keep pushing forward. Even if it doesn't work I keep trying. Even if it's hard or seems impossible, you have to keep trying. There must be something you can do and even if it doesn't succeed. You can at the very least be proud of your effort and have a counterattack if people ridicule you.

4)Go to the doctor for your leg. Again I don't know which country you're in so I don't know about your access to affordable healthcare, but I think it's better to go to the doctor first before complaining on the internet to a people who can't help you. I find it hard to sympathise with people who complain about health issues but refuse to get help because my mother was a one of these Munchausen types or maybe a victim type narcissist, so I've really had enough of complaints with no action. Sorry if that seems harsh.

5)Have an assessment for autism spectrum disorder, depression and so on. Maybe you have a issue that some medical help and medication can aid because the little sarcastic comment at the end,

"All in all, you could say life is going really well and I'm thoroughly looking forward to 2022."

Is somewhat indicative of a problem with your mindset. I'm not saying that negative experiences and mental anguish aren't subjective and that all pain isn't pain, but with the exception of your dodgy leg and lack of employment, what you're saying this that you have no hope for the future because you can't get a shag. Maybe you friend got tried of this kind of melancholic attitude and distanced him or her self for his or her mental well-being. There's really only so much of this that a person can take, especially if you do nothing to change the issue (referring to sex) but keep complaining especially when there's the Covid pandemic still ongoing and everyone is in some way worried about how their lives have changed. People are reaching capacity for concerning themselves with other people's issues.

I agree. Unfortunately, one can't understand that until they go through it.
Me too. I've only had one lover and if I hadn't shagged him, my life would be better I think. I didn't know before it happened that he wasn't interested in marriage or a typical relationship and it happened a few days after my dad died when I wasn't thinking straight. Now because I really can't stand the idea of shagging more than one person in my life, I have had so many years of my life wasted that I seriously doubt I will ever have children. It really saddens me that my ancestors did their duty from the dawn of time until my generation only to be failed by me because I chose the wrong man. Nonetheless since this person is desperate for a shag, let him get one ASAP.

Me too. I've only had one lover and if I hadn't shagged him, my life would be better I think. I didn't know before it happened that he wasn't interested in marriage or a typical relationship and it happened a few days after my dad died when I wasn't thinking straight. Now because I really can't stand the idea of shagging more than one person in my life, I have had so many years of my life wasted that I seriously doubt I will ever have children. It really saddens me that my ancestors did their duty from the dawn of time until my generation only to be failed by me because I chose the wrong man. Nonetheless since this person is desperate for a shag, let him get one ASAP.

I detect a mocking tone in your words. It's not all about a "shag", as you so delicately put it. It's about love, intimacy and forming a bond with someone.

Latest posts

Back