37 y/o woman

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1of1

Reaction score
Hello,

I’m 37, from NJ, socially awkward, I have no friends. I’m single. Just graduated from college and even afraid to look for work.
I feel sad a lot. I have anxiety issues. Sometimes I wish that I wasn’t so shy. Sometimes I just lay in bed and wish for life to be over. Not that I want to die, just relief I guess. Or an opportunity to start over (depending on what u believe) with less childhood trauma. When I do meet
People that I think that I mesh well with it doesn’t last long & I don’t date because I’m afraid to get my heart broken again. I don’t wanna be alone for the rest of my life but I don’t know how to go out and meet people without having a small heart attack. Heavy sigh…

Lonely Scorpio

Hi!
Welcome to the forum. I think many here can relate to your situation. Hope you can find some comfort here.

Welcome to the forum 1 of 1 (is your name a play on Star Trek lore?)

It's a bit slow here, some times. Plenty to see though. May you find more ataraxia.

Last edited:
Hello, welcome to the forum. It's not a bad forum, whenever I feel down, or lonely, or have nothing to do, I go here to vent or read threads and replies :)

It doesn't have a cure to loneliness, however we're here to read and oidten to you.

Kind of like screaming in the void, and the void actually answers back d:

voilà

Hey, 1of1,

Just wanted to say that I feel you and that awkwardness/anxiety has one sure benefit: it won't keep unworthy people around you. This doesn't sound as a good soothing, i know that myself; but, the thing is anxiety is overcomable in the final account. It is not about medications or forcing yourself into behaviour that is painful; it is about looking at it in a different way. And, at one point, you throw it down as a coat in spring :).

Btw, as far as I know, 37 is one of the ages where big changes happen.

My best wishes!!

Hello,

I’m 37, from NJ, socially awkward, I have no friends. I’m single. Just graduated from college and even afraid to look for work.
I feel sad a lot. I have anxiety issues. Sometimes I wish that I wasn’t so shy. Sometimes I just lay in bed and wish for life to be over. Not that I want to die, just relief I guess. Or an opportunity to start over (depending on what u believe) with less childhood trauma. When I do meet
People that I think that I mesh well with it doesn’t last long & I don’t date because I’m afraid to get my heart broken again. I don’t wanna be alone for the rest of my life but I don’t know how to go out and meet people without having a small heart attack. Heavy sigh…

Lonely Scorpio
Hi, I'm Luis from Puerto Rico, I'm 38. I understand you, I've experienced something quite similar. Since I graduated from university I have lived with depression and anxiety. I find myself alone, my friends and my family turned their backs on me. My ex partner also abandoned me. I stayed single, I don't have children, I'm looking to solve my life, I still have a lot of dreams. I hope you can take the steps to your recovery and likewise for all of us who live with depression.

I hope you can find the help and inner strength to get ahead...

Latest posts

Back