6 Tips for Reducing Plastic Waste in the Ocean

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
https://seasmartschool.com/blog/reduce-plastic-waste

"The easiest and most direct way to limit plastic waste in the ocean is by reducing our usage of single-use plastics. Single-use plastics include plastic bags, water bottles, straws, cups, utensils, dry cleaning bags, take-out containers, and any other plastic items that are used once and then discarded."

I know California has banned platic bags usage at grocery stores. That's a pretty simple thing to do. I'm surprised it hasn't caught on more. Are other states or places where you are doing that?

Banning straws seems to be contraversial. But, really? Do we need to use straws?

Once in awhile I will buy a cooked chicken from the store. It comes in this fairly heavy cool plastic container. I figured I would wash them and use them for other things. But, I can't figure out what to do with them. What things do you guys clean and save and probably never use?

Plastic bags aren't banned here yet, but most stores have switched to the paper or reusable. Either way, you are paying for a bag if you forgot your own. Those changes started around here in 2008.

My household has been using reusable straws for quite some time now also. Paper straws are awful.

I like the plastic take out containers you can get from Boston Pizza and stuff, that come with a lid. Very handy for storing things.

Plastic bags aren't banned here yet, but most stores have switched to the paper or reusable. Either way, you are paying for a bag if you forgot your own. Those changes started around here in 2008.

My household has been using reusable straws for quite some time now also. Paper straws are awful.

I like the plastic take out containers you can get from Boston Pizza and stuff, that come with a lid. Very handy for storing things.
You know, I was kind of thinking that most single use designed plastic containers should be designed for multiple uses. There should be a design and size standards. They all should be stackable with a nice lid.

I was just thinking about one of the ice cream places in the city. They have this thing called "The Dogbowl" where you can pick so many scoops of ice cream at a pretty decent discount, as long as you bring your own container. I always thought that was kind of neat.

That is cool! I wonder if eventually we'll all get trained to carry collapsable reusable cups, bowls, straws, and utensils. Maybe I should create something that fits into a nice pack that could go into a purse, a back pocket, or hooked on a belt.

Latest posts

Back