90s tv shows

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
What shows did you like watching in the 90s?I liked Beverly Hills 90210,party of 5,melrose place.

I watched Star Trek (Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager), Transformers (G1 reruns, Beast Wars, Beast Machines - that one might have been '00s though), the X-Men and Spider-Man animated series, and the other Marvel animated series that were on here and there, like Silver Surfer or Iron Man.

I'm sure there were more but those were the major ones.

I watched Star Trek (Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, and Voyager), Transformers (G1 reruns, Beast Wars, Beast Machines - that one might have been '00s though), the X-Men and Spider-Man animated series, and the other Marvel animated series that were on here and there, like Silver Surfer or Iron Man.

I'm sure there were more but those were the major ones.
94 Spiderman and Beast Wars *chefs kiss*

ST:TNG and DS9, X-Files, NYPD Blue. I enjoyed ST:Voyager but I gave up after that episode where Paris and Janeway turned into lizards and had freaky lizard sex. Absolutely Fabulous. Ren & Stimpy.

I missed Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Babylon 5 so I'm watching them now.

I don't really really remember what i watched then but I didn't watch any of the iconic shows mentioned here. I more remember the music from the 90's like the 90's grundge stuff like alice in chains and soundgarden, that's what I liked then.

You know what I'm talking about! 😄

So many good memories of those shows.
Beast Wars was one I only got to watch sporadically. I honestly don't remember why but I have such good memories of it. I remember catching Spiderman 94 late at night one summer on Disney Xtreme or something. It's on Disney Plus and it honestly still holds up. What else did you like? I'll avoid 80s things that reran in the 90s like Duck Tales and go with Freakazoid.

Beast Wars was one I only got to watch sporadically. I honestly don't remember why but I have such good memories of it. I remember catching Spiderman 94 late at night one summer on Disney Xtreme or something. It's on Disney Plus and it honestly still holds up. What else did you like? I'll avoid 80s things that reran in the 90s like Duck Tales and go with Freakazoid.

Beast Wars' animation was cutting edge for its time. And the writing was an improvement too - sure, Transformers has always been about selling toys, but they put some depth into the characters and storyline, so it was a lot more than merely a glorified toy commercial. Not that I'm knocking G1 really, I like it, it established the whole Transformers universe and the characters and designs are iconic. But like a lot of universes, it takes a while for the writers to establish worlds, personalities, and for the whole show to find its feet.

Did you have any of the Beast Wars toys? Or any other Transformers?

What else - well, all the other Marvel ones, and some other shows like Reboot - I don't remember that one too much but I do remember watching it from time to time, might want to revisit if I get the chance. And Digimon too like @Nicolelt mentioned - I don't know how I forgot that one! My brothers and I used to watch it all the time.

Last edited:
Most of the above and BAY WATCH (Babe Watch), Dawson's Creek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Simpsons, The Wonder Years, Seinfield, Saved by the Bell, Full House, Beavis and Butthead, and In Living Color. I guess that's it.

The funny, or sad thing, is that I still watch all of these shows as I only have antenna TV and they basically only play re-runs. It's like antenna TV hasn't changed of the years. Many of shows are black and white too.

Most of the above and BAY WATCH (Babe Watch), Dawson's Creek, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Simpsons, The Wonder Years, Seinfield, Saved by the Bell, Full House, Beavis and Butthead, and In Living Color. I guess that's it.

The funny, or sad thing, is that I still watch all of these shows as I only have antenna TV and they basically only play re-runs. It's like antenna TV hasn't changed of the years. Many of shows are black and white too.

That's another thing. These past couple of years I've been watching shows that were from the past, but that I wasn't really able to appreciate as a kid because the situations and humor went over my head. That, or I just didn't know about them at the time.

Seinfeld and Friends come to mind, in the "shows I wasn't able to appreciate then but get now" category.
Then there's Nash Bridges. He's more in the "shows I didn't know about back then" category, and not really a comedy, but I find the characters are likeable people.

Seinfeld and The Wonder Years!!! Ha, how could I forget them?! I still watch Seinfeld regularly and I own all the seasons of The Wonder Years.

That's another thing. These past couple of years I've been watching shows that were from the past, but that I wasn't really able to appreciate as a kid because the situations and humor went over my head. That, or I just didn't know about them at the time.

Seinfeld and Friends come to mind, in the "shows I wasn't able to appreciate then but get now" category.
Then there's Nash Bridges. He's more in the "shows I didn't know about back then" category, and not really a comedy, but I find the characters are likeable people.
That's a good point! I watch Baywatch completely different now. I realize that even the HOT women don't stay that way. So I can appreciate them even more when I watch the shows. Ha! Ha!

iu

iu

That's a good point! I watch Baywatch completely different now. I realize that even the HOT women don't stay that way. So I can appreciate them even more when I watch the shows. Ha! Ha!

iu

^Sure enough, Yasmine Bleeth is on Nash Bridges. I think she was around for a few of the later seasons. She gets a fair amount of screen time, if not completely a main character.

Just thought you'd want to know!

Beast Wars' animation was cutting edge for its time. And the writing was an improvement too - sure, Transformers has always been about selling toys, but they put some depth into the characters and storyline, so it was a lot more than merely a glorified toy commercial. Not that I'm knocking G1 really, like a lot of universes it takes a while for the writers to establish worlds, personalities, and for the whole show to find its feet.

Did you have any of the Beast Wars toys? Or any other Transformers?

What else - well, all the other Marvel ones, and some other shows like Reboot - I don't remember that one too much but I do remember watching it from time to time, might want to revisit if I get the chance. And Digimon too like @Nicolelt mentioned - I don't know how I forgot that one! My brothers and I used to watch it all the time.
My childhood best friend and I bonded pretty heavily over our obsession with Digimon.

I feel like Reboot was between Sailor Moon(my friends show) and DBZ(my show) so we’d watch it. Definitely fun and different.

I think I had some McDonalds toys. I actually wasn’t too into Transformers I just really enjoyed Beastwars. All of my toy requests went to power rangers, this random show only I liked Beetle Borgs and Pokémon cards.

Preface: Now I will admit, A LOT of this was intentionally made for kids, and a lot of it did not age well. 😬🙈😅

Live Action Series:

Xena: Warrior Princess
Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Charmed
Ancient Mysteries
Legends of the Hidden Temple
Are you Afraid of the Dark?
Tales from the Crypt
Salute Your Shorts
Pete & Pete

Animated Series:

Daria
South Park
The Simpsons
X-Men
Spider-Man
The Angry Beavers
Ren & Stempy
Rugrats
The Wild Thornberries
Rocket Power
Doug
Inspector Gadget

Anime:

Pokemon
Dragonball
Dragonball Z
Dragonball GT
Sailor Moon
Cowboy Bebop
Witchunter Robin
Trigun
Outlaw Star
Berserk
Rurouni Kenshin
Fushigi Yugi

Well that was a fun trip down memory lane. Thanks OP.

Latest posts

Back