A hypothetical question to the women here.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgottendanfan

Reaction score
With all else being equal, would you be willing to date, or enter a relationship with a man who is 33, never been out on a date and has had almost no contact with women beyond the level of being a casual acquaintance?

Yes, the man in question is myself. I'm looking to start dating and just want to know the general consensus.

Yes, I wouldn’t hesitate. But why the need for a general consensus? All women are different. And male or female, I think people who go out on a date with someone are doing so because they LIKE and are interested in that person. Sure, personal relationship history (or lack of) may turn some people off eventually (and if so, not the person for you), but in my experience it’s not a factor you need to worry about. Just relax and be yourself - if a woman truly likes you and enjoys your company, your personal history will be completely irrelevant.

I don't believe being inexperienced is an issue. You don't have to come out and say that right away, I doubt it'll even matter.

One advice I can give you is to be careful with resentments, trauma or insecurity carrying over to future experiences, that can be problematic during the dating phase.

Good luck.

You know the answer. A guy without the endorsement of previous partners stands out as having something no-quite-right about him. Or he comes across as childish and unable to cope - why bother with that when she can just find someone else.

The best option is to avoid the topic as much as possible. Just focus on getting dates.

I wouldn't expect women to be concerned with your history. It's not a job interview. it's character and first impression that matters. Add to that that different women will respond differently. Some might want a forceful man that takes them. Another might like to be wooed. Still others might expect to be the aggressor.

Just show them the qualities in you that you appreciate and don't try to be something you are not. She that appreciates your qualities will be happy to date you.

Assuming you are interested in a relationship and your aspirations aren't on being a playboy.... Chances are you'll have failures. Don't let it get you down. So you and she weren't right for each other. Move on. Try again. You aren't likely to find her right out of the gate.

I definitely would. Things like that shouldn't really matter. I think the awkwardness is cute, tbh.

dont listen to these idiots trying to lie to you women care about everything especially experience

d257a17e9e6699572495b0440991a10e.jpg

Hi Forgotten, been thinking about your question. If I was in the dating market, I need the guy to have confidence in himself for us to progress. If we were to spend the weekend together, plan some things to do that you like... that you are a comfortable with... your confidence will shine through. For instance, if you like hiking and know some good places... let's do that! But dont suggest it just because you trying to impress me and then I find out you dont even have a good pair of hiking shoes! Hope you get what I am trying to convey. On the intimate side of relationships, think we all feel abit awkward that first time with a new partner. But you work up to that point by spending quality time with the person. Forgive me, I am quite aware of the speed dating that goes on... but I am abit more traditional and there are benefits to a slow build in a relationship... especially if you want a long term, quality relationship. Purge the thoughts of not having a past relationships is a negative issue. I see it as a guy who possible holds a high regard about himself, as well as his partner.

dont listen to these idiots trying to lie to you women care about everything especially experience

Where i am now women care about looks first, financial status second. I don't blame them. That's what they want. I also have preferences, standards, morals, values. A good looking amazing man can get by with low financial status. A wealthy unattractive man may attract women who prefer money over looks. That's not a good thing. I just experimented recently and got rejected for my low financial status, not so much for looks. I'm going to experiment some more. I haven't been with many women. None of them cared about my experience. They cared about me as a whole - am i good enough for them, looks, money, personality, or is there anything better out there? I was never good enough. There is ALWAYS someone better. They always want someone better. Not one ever complimented me on my looks so i assume i wasn't good looking enough for them when i was younger. I wasn't wealthy. I got discarded like garbage. Try to experiment. Get into a situation where you will get rejected by women and see what they care about. It could be your looks or financial status or both. Depending where you are on the planet and what women in your area want in their men. Not one ever asked me about my experience or told me i was such a good person, was so good to them, treated them right, that they couldn't get enough of me. So apparently that's not what they care about here where i am.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back