A little help please

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aedammair

Reaction score
As many of you knw my biggest problem is with relationships. I'm trying to get over a girl that I've had a crush on for a long time.
I think the best way to get over her is to look for love. But to do that I have to put myself out there and ask someone.
I am in college, can drive. I am thinking about asking someone in one of my classes but I don't know how to approach it. I am in a group with her for a project but so far we haven't done anything. I have talked to her twice. She is pretty and all that but I know nothing about her. What can I do? Right after the class I have with her she goes to another one and I have lunch. Then after that I go to class and she goes somewhere. I have class with her everyother day.
What should I do? Should I ask her? SHould I just buy my time? Or am I just looking for a relationship for the wrong reasons and shouldn't even be thinking of one right now?

Aedammair

Well i might not be the best person to be helping you with but i can give possibly some good advice. 1. Getting over this crush you had for so long is hard...I had one before and it took me a little bit to get over her but I did and im glad for it now it changed me even though i havent really dated much after it i still dont regret much. 2. you say you might be interested in this girl well ask her one day if she wants to go have lunch sometime and maybe add in there talking about you could talk about your project at the same time. Even though you think you might be just looking for a relationship or just a small fling doesnt really mean your going in the wrong direction, you just need to sit back and think would this possibly help me get over this crush and if so go for it, hey couldnt hurt right?
Sorry if im not much help thought i would give it a shot

So your in same group with her right? This is the perfect opportunity. Ask her to work on the project, just approach before class or so. It shouldn't be too awkward cause the main focus will be on the project.

During this "project" ( well i mean you should work on it either way cause you'll fail if don't haha) start to get to know her. Every so often lead the conversation from the project to random small talks about her and yourself. You might be nervous, but you'll do fine. Make jokes and get her to know you better, show some personality. After this project, nonchalantly as if she hungry and maybe you guys can get some dinner or food. It still won't too weird cause, well you do get hungry after all that work.

During this time you can really get to know her. Do some harmless flirting and compliment her. And just build off of that night. After that, approaching her in the hall way or class shouldn't be too awkward. As for asking her out, umm get to know her a little better and see if she shows signs of liking you. If she does then maybe go for it.

Just my suggestion though, good luck.

Yeah, just take the direct route. Tell her she's pretty and that her clothes look good, etc, etc, etc. Spend some time with her. I think Timeless and dslegends have given some good advice, so just do what they said. :p

----Steve

I can tell you only one thing - don't rush into anything.

For more than a year I've been trying to get over a huge crush myself. Then a couple of months ago a guy from university started... erm... showing interest in me. And I decided why the hell not - he's a nice guy, it's worth a try. To say in your words I "put myself out there". And now I'm almost three months in this relationship and all screwed up in my head. I realize now that a boyfriend (or maybe this particular boyfriend?) is definitely not what I need at this time.

Get to know the girl first. It's great that you're looking for a relationship, I believe it's a step to the right direction, but just make sure you don't rush into it :]

Latest posts

Back