A Shy, Geeky Fellow Emerges!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erasercrumbs

Reaction score
I always seem to do a terrible job introducing myself. I apologise in advance for the upcoming bad first impression.

Hi there. Like most of the folks here, I am a deeply lonely person, completely overcome by low self-esteem and depression. I spent too much time alone and hiding from bullies as a child, and as a result I seem to be developmentally stunted when it comes to most any social exchange. I am unable to make friends, no matter how hard I try, though just having one trusted confidant would mean the world to me. There is something deeply unlikable about me that prevents anyone from enjoying my company, and I am powerless to stop it.

Hopefully, my shyness won't prevent me from getting to know the people that populate this forum, and if there is anything at all I can do to help any if you, please let me know. I'm a terrible conversationalist, but I'm always eager to lend an ear if something is on your mind!

Hey, welcome! Are you an artist? :p (Asking because of the "erasercrumbs" nickname :)

dead said:
Hey, welcome! Are you an artist? :p (Asking because of the "erasercrumbs" nickname :)

I wish! I like to write, and I doodle from time to time, but I'm far from being good.

I understand where you are coming from. I was never really able to make and keep friends growing up. I had trouble with bullies and didn't know how to handle it properly. I went through a lot of honeysuckle that messed me up and I have never gotten over it to this day. My self esteem and self worth has always been pretty much nonexistent. I was never interested in things other girls were and I was never very feminine and I felt ugly and hated everything about myself. I have anxiety and depression to top it all off. If you feel like talking you can pm me any time. I am terrible at talking to others but it might help us both to speak to someone who understands what we are going through.
I hope for good things for you, and that things change for the better in the future.

Elyseon said:
I understand where you are coming from. I was never really able to make and keep friends growing up. I had trouble with bullies and didn't know how to handle it properly. I went through a lot of honeysuckle that messed me up and I have never gotten over it to this day. My self esteem and self worth has always been pretty much nonexistent. I was never interested in things other girls were and I was never very feminine and I felt ugly and hated everything about myself. I have anxiety and depression to top it all off. If you feel like talking you can pm me any time. I am terrible at talking to others but it might help us both to speak to someone who understands what we are going through.
I hope for good things for you, and that things change for the better in the future.

Thanks bunches for the thoughtful response. I really appreciate it it. I hope things get better for you, too!

Hi there
Welcome :)
Erasercrumbs said:
I always seem to do a terrible job introducing myself. I apologise in advance for the upcoming bad first impression.

Hi there. Like most of the folks here, I am a deeply lonely person, completely overcome by low self-esteem and depression. I spent too much time alone and hiding from bullies as a child, and as a result I seem to be developmentally stunted when it comes to most any social exchange. I am unable to make friends, no matter how hard I try, though just having one trusted confidant would mean the world to me. There is something deeply unlikable about me that prevents anyone from enjoying my company, and I am powerless to stop it.

Hopefully, my shyness won't prevent me from getting to know the people that populate this forum, and if there is anything at all I can do to help any if you, please let me know. I'm a terrible conversationalist, but I'm always eager to lend an ear if something is on your mind!
don't worry ,you will feel better here.
wish you good luck :)
se you around !

Latest posts

Back