A suggestion

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why, so people can sit there and argue, call each other names, throw insults, gender bash, post misogynistic things, or bash other people? No. And members can always request to have their threads closed. And all those things I mentioned are not allowed here.

M_also_lonely said:
In my opinion, closing a thread should be in the hands of the OP.

Sometimes it is. The original poster can request for their thread to be closed.

Sci-Fi said:
Why, so people can sit there and argue, call each other names, throw insults, gender bash, post misogynistic things, or bash other people?
I think that happens already when it is meant to. Its not like since such a feature is not there, all those things have been successfully prevented. We all know the ins and outs and how this place works. But again, no place is perfect. Anyways, I was wondering, who has the rights to make such changes to the website, or who modifies the functioning/features of the site? Just random question out of curiosity.

TheRealCallie said:
Then perhaps you should try PM and not an open forum thread.  lol

Thats none of your business. I have a right to post a thread and I will.  There are multiple mod.

M_also_lonely said:
TheRealCallie said:
Then perhaps you should try PM and not an open forum thread.  lol

Thats none of your business. I have a right to post a thread and I will.  There are multiple mod.

Anyone else has a right to post on a public thread, regardless of who created it. If you say that for yourself, then you must say it for other folks on this public forum. If you didn't want responses from certain members, then feel free to message privately.

VanillaCreme said:
Anyone else has a right to post on a public thread, regardless of who created it. If you say that for yourself, then you must say it for other folks on this public forum. 
I never questioned/denied anyone's rights to post responses. Everyone has the right to post, and I respect that, but then again, I have the right and freedom to choose whom I want to respond to, and that's what I made clear. 

If you didn't want responses from certain members, then feel free to message privately.
Certain members? Judging from recent thread, I think people are allowed to ask someone to not bother them, aren't they. 
Anyways, thanks also for making it clear that we are allowed to tell people to go talk in PM and not in public, even if we are not mod. It was very helpful. 

I think there is no need for pm if there is a specific section dedicated to feedback and suggestions already, also, PM and thread makes a difference, by using a feature where we have the right to post our suggestions. That way, it stays in the radar, and people can think about it.

Latest posts

Back