A Type Of Jerk

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever notice how some people are just huge inconsiderate ******** ...
In answer to your question, yes. However, that's just your opinion.

---
Earlier today, I was just casually gaming away on some video game, and some person I know, though not that well, decided to call me a 'c*cks*cker,' randomly, probably because I just irritated him in some way. It kind of ruined my day for a bit. So, I just lay down, and picked up a book, and tried to put my mind on something else. The guy was a ******, revenge would probably serve no purpose and I had no allies there to back me up anyway; so, it was probably just used as a reminder I could be using my time more wisely, than wasting it with some idiot who's very flippant with his language.
---

The minds and attitudes of people, in about the last 5-6 or so years, in my experience, have shifted quite a lot. I'm affected by it too. I don't much care for it.

We need more tolerance, more patience, and more understanding. Yet, it seems, in my experience anyway, the more one grasps for such things, often times, the farther out of reach it becomes, if it doesn't smack you upside the head for asking in the first place.

I think the collective consciousness, at least in the Americas, and consequently the world, in some ways, is suffering.

It would help me at least, if you were more descriptive, however. You could explain a specific situation, without giving names. Vague grievances, in my opinion, are difficult to parse, as well as to decipher.

But yeah, some times people are mean, and it hurts. Some times mean people think mean people are mean. Some times nice people think mean people are mean. Some times mean people think nice people are mean. Some times nice people think nice people are mean. It's all about context, circumstances, and situations.

Emotion and logic go hand in hand; and unfortunately, sometimes emotion wins out over logic for a net negative... Cool heads..., perhaps.

Last edited:
Ever notice how some people are just huge inconsiderate ******** and they play it off as "just asking questions", "just my opinion." What ever excuse there is it's always just something harmless.
They think as long as they're not being confrontational they can just be as much of a ****** as they want. Really the only thing that they actually consider mean is when someone says something directly to THEM.
Hey now....don't give away my tactics.

In answer to your question, yes. However, that's just your opinion.

---
Earlier today, I was just casually gaming away on some video game, and some person I know, though not that well, decided to call me a 'c*cks*cker,' randomly, probably because I just irritated him in some way. It kind of ruined my day for a bit. So, I just lay down, and picked up a book, and tried to put my mind on something else. The guy was a ******, revenge would probably serve no purpose and I had no allies there to back me up anyway; so, it was probably just used as a reminder I could be using my time more wisely, than wasting it with some idiot who's very flippant with his language.
---

The minds and attitudes of people, in about the last 5-6 or so years, in my experience, have shifted quite a lot. I'm affected by it too. I don't much care for it.

We need more tolerance, more patience, and more understanding. Yet, it seems, in my experience anyway, the more one grasps for such things, often times, the farther out of reach it becomes, if it doesn't smack you upside the head for asking in the first place.

I think the collective consciousness, at least in the Americas, and consequently the world, in some ways, is suffering.

It would help me at least, if you were more descriptive, however. You could explain a specific situation, without giving names. Vague grievances, in my opinion, are difficult to parse, as well as to decipher.

But yeah, some times people are mean, and it hurts. Some times mean people think mean people are mean. Some times nice people think mean people are mean. Some times mean people think nice people are mean. Some times nice people think nice people are mean. It's all about context, circumstances, and situations.

Emotion and logic go hand in hand; and unfortunately, sometimes emotion wins out over logic for a net negative... Cool heads..., perhaps.
Right I made this thread to see if anyone agrees with me that this is a type of jerk.

I have to wonder how much is your perception of what's going on and how much you are assuming their motives and all that. Like Trop said, there would really have to be examples to really know.
Does it happen? Oh yes, most definitely. People can very much just be dicks. BUT...on the other side of that, people can sometimes see only what they want to see, not always what is actually there. People are more offended today than they ever have been, IMO. They seem to read into things more. Play the victim more. So like I said originally, it depends on the situation and the person (both people, not just the jerk)

Last edited:
I have to wonder how much is your perception of what's going on and how much you are assuming their motives and all that. Like Trop said, there would really have to be examples to really know.
Does it happen? Oh yes, most definitely. People can very just be dicks. BUT...on the other side of that, people can sometimes see only what they want to see, not always what is actually there. People are more offended today than they every have been, IMO. They seem to read into things more. Play the victim more. So like I said originally, it depends on the situation and the person (both people, not just the jerk)
"Hey no one else is around, you busy?"

An example.

I know the type and unfortunately he is the father of my son. Just this morning he texted my son after 3 weeks of silence because he, the cunt, attacked my son verbally and then dared, challenged my son to strike him. So, he texts my son and invites him to a concert never apologizing for his behavior, asking how his trip was, do you need anything...nothing. Naturally, my son says he will pass. The cunt then goes on to accuse my son of abandoning him and not being there for him when he needs him. This is typical behavior for his father and thankfully my son is aware of this. His father only reaches out to him when he is between relationships. It makes me angry and vindictive but thankfully my son has more sense and more goodness to not stoop to his fathers level. I, on the other hand, lose all sense and goodness when it comes to any wrongdoing done to my baby and I strike back.

qqqqqq
I know the type and unfortunately he is the father of my son. Just this morning he texted my son after 3 weeks of silence because he, the cunt, attacked my son verbally and then dared, challenged my son to strike him. So, he texts my son and invites him to a concert never apologizing for his behavior, asking how his trip was, do you need anything...nothing. Naturally, my son says he will pass. The cunt then goes on to accuse my son of abandoning him and not being there for him when he needs him. This is typical behavior for his father and thankfully my son is aware of this. His father only reaches out to him when he is between relationships. It makes me angry and vindictive but thankfully my son has more sense and more goodness to not stoop to his fathers level. I, on the other hand, lose all sense and goodness when it comes to any wrongdoing done to my baby and I strike back.
This is pretty relatable. My step father probably from age 12 or 13 would get in my face and threaten me and dare me to hit him so he could hit me back. Good for you not being with him so this isn't a regular occurrence for your son. I'm sure the reprieve makes a world of difference.

So did your relationship ever improve with your stepfather? If not, did you ever reach a breaking point? I don’t imagine my sons father is ever going to stop this behavior.

When I wasn't around him every day it got somewhat better. Do we have a real relationship? No not really but we get along in a very walking on egg shells sense. I think having a parent that cares about him will go a long way for your son.

Thank you for sharing that. It’s heartbreaking when parents don’t cherish and embrace their children. My son is the best part of my life, he is my world. Most times I feel like I don’t deserve him.

Thank you for sharing that. It’s heartbreaking when parents don’t cherish and embrace their children. My son is the best part of my life, he is my world. Most times I feel like I don’t deserve him.
😅 Imma tear up reading that.

My step brother is bipolar,he gets very moody easily,and he takes things the wrong way,just a simple question can get him pissed off.

Latest posts

Back