About depression

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

sunflowergirl1306

sunflower lover
Reaction score
What is it about depression,that someone with depression just can't be happy with their life or see the light at the end of the tunnel?Is it that they are medically prescribed by a doctor that they have depression?And if so how are they medically prescribed by a doctor that they have depression?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's a viscious cycle that's very difficult to get out of. Every time they've asked me if I'm depressed. If I say no then they are fine with that answer. If I say yes then they ask why. But, I'm sure there are standards they are supposed to use for diagnosing depression. Then they can prescribe happy pills which are meant to make one feel better while the psychiatrist helps them work through their difficulties. However, some people just continue taking them.

sunflowergirl1306

sunflower lover
Reaction score
It's a viscious cycle that's very difficult to get out of. Every time they've asked me if I'm depressed. If I say no then they are fine with that answer. If I say yes then they ask why. But, I'm sure there are standards they are supposed to use for diagnosing depression. Then they can prescribe happy pills which are meant to make one feel better while the psychiatrist helps them work through their difficulties. However, some people just continue taking them.
very true,you mean by getting addicted to them right?

Reaction score
I was feeling really bad one day when I was over at his house. He gave me 1/2 of one of his pills. OMG! I felt wonderful. I felt like I could do anything. I guarantee if I was prescribed happy pills I would never stop taking them. That's why I will never start taking them. I have an addictive personality.

Tryingtosurvive

Sarcastic Overthinker
Reaction score
At the time i got offered the anti depressants i was having trouble sleeping for a month. I was sleeping for only 4 hours a day and waking up at the same time, but feeling super pissed/irritable because it didn't matter how tired i was i couldn't sleep. In the end i was given 3 sleeping pills which returned my pattern back to normal and i could sleep (apparently they are mega addictive and drug addicts use them to get down from highs). But one side effect of the AD was not being able to sleep, so if i'd have taken them and i couldn't sleep again it would have made me very mad 😂 😂 . My problem with depression is once i finish doing things, i start to think about the things that got me depressed and i'm back to feeling shitty again. It's like i need to be doing something up until i sleep so i don't need to think about it, but bad things always happen to me and that accelerates it. Let's hope therapy works😂

Bam111

Reaction score
What is it about depression,that someone with depression just can't be happy with their life or see the light at the end of the tunnel?Is it that they are medically prescribed by a doctor that they have depression?And if so how are they medically prescribed by a doctor that they have depression?
There are many different types of depression different levels some more savior than others, but neither are more or less important than one or the other (in my opinion). That is a common misconception with evaluators of prescription drugs such as doctors, therapists, psychologist who give importance to one case over another why you may ask? I have experienced in my life many different personalities in my interactions with others and they shared their stories with me some were even family which made it more meaningful and personal to me example: my cousin at the young age of thirteen years old had everything going for her she had a college scholarship lined up after she graduated, she was a straight A student very smart, she was beautiful both inside and out a loving family and sister a great home... But at 13 years of age, she shot herself through the mouth in her room with her father's gun... why? because at the age of thirteen she was developing feelings for another girl that went to soccer with her she was her best friend, and they were getting more closer, and her parents didn't accept her decision... she was found by her at the time 7-year-old sister dead on her bed blood everywhere with her brains blown out. if she would have sought help instead, she would probably still be alive and happy. As for her sister? she never did get help or seek therapy, but she is doing well at 25 years old she is a pharmacy tech some need treatment others don't. another example: another cousin of mine well sort of she is adopted but still my cousin, she was happy as a child growing up until she reached freshman year of high school, she wanted my aunt to do a look up of her family tree, so my aunt did a search for her she found out that her family originate from Hadi and that she was of African descent (nothing wrong with that) but to my cousin it crushed her she felt like none of the boys at school liked her because she was darker than most of the girls in school (side note she lives in a small town) she has never found a boyfriend she discuss this with a licensed therapist and what did the therapist do? she laughed at her... the next day she refused to go back to therapy hasn't spoken to a therapist since then and her doctor has prescribed he anti-depressant medication. I could give more examples but in short there are many different cases from savior to not so savior that people have taken their lives over have bin placed on medication for or have bin dismissed only to lead to fatal situations either for the person or for others around them.

Bam111

Reaction score
I bought into the hype that I had a chemical imbalance in my brain. My doctor started me on Effexor, A low dose; however, as I tried to get off his prescribed medicine, I began getting brain zaps. I wish I never started.
I have bin off my medication for nearly 3 months with no side effects yet I'm sorry to hear that though hopefully it went away.

sunflowergirl1306

sunflower lover
Reaction score
There are many different types of depression different levels some more savior than others, but neither are more or less important than one or the other (in my opinion). That is a common misconception with evaluators of prescription drugs such as doctors, therapists, psychologist who give importance to one case over another why you may ask? I have experienced in my life many different personalities in my interactions with others and they shared their stories with me some were even family which made it more meaningful and personal to me example: my cousin at the young age of thirteen years old had everything going for her she had a college scholarship lined up after she graduated, she was a straight A student very smart, she was beautiful both inside and out a loving family and sister a great home... But at 13 years of age, she shot herself through the mouth in her room with her father's gun... why? because at the age of thirteen she was developing feelings for another girl that went to soccer with her she was her best friend, and they were getting more closer, and her parents didn't accept her decision... she was found by her at the time 7-year-old sister dead on her bed blood everywhere with her brains blown out. if she would have sought help instead, she would probably still be alive and happy. As for her sister? she never did get help or seek therapy, but she is doing well at 25 years old she is a pharmacy tech some need treatment others don't. another example: another cousin of mine well sort of she is adopted but still my cousin, she was happy as a child growing up until she reached freshman year of high school, she wanted my aunt to do a look up of her family tree, so my aunt did a search for her she found out that her family originate from Hadi and that she was of African descent (nothing wrong with that) but to my cousin it crushed her she felt like none of the boys at school liked her because she was darker than most of the girls in school (side note she lives in a small town) she has never found a boyfriend she discuss this with a licensed therapist and what did the therapist do? she laughed at her... the next day she refused to go back to therapy hasn't spoken to a therapist since then and her doctor has prescribed he anti-depressant medication. I could give more examples but in short there are many different cases from savior to not so savior that people have taken their lives over have bin placed on medication for or have bin dismissed only to lead to fatal situations either for the person or for others around them.
I'm so sorry

dan27

Reaction score
Paxil for my BPD !
I tried to wean off it but became edgy & quick tempered & anxious...DANG ! :devilish:(n)

Depression is usually from dwelling on past emotional trauma & losses.

You must focus on today...the NOW.

Anxiety is fear of the future troubles.
Just face them if they arrive & FEAR NOT ! Be Brave.
You have come this far .... keep striving to serenity. :giggle:

Latest posts