About this forum?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kelics

Reaction score
Hi, this might sound stupid, but what is this forum about and who is it for? I keep geting email notifications for this forum so i decided to click and it took me here and apparently I'm a registered user. I tried to find more about this forum, but there is no "About Us" section in the natigation menu. Can anyone share some light please? Thanks!

Normal people or people with disabilities?
This and other sites like it are for those that need to interact with others. You don't have to be a part of a subset to belong to any of them. There might be themes, as here it is lonely people having a place to not be so lonely, but they could get similar attention at almost any forum. It's an idea exchange venue.

You are here. You are welcome. You can say what is on your mind and someone will respond.

There are no normal people. We are all broken. So I guess this place is for everyone.

Why would it be one or the other? Everyone gets lonely, whether they have disabilities or not.
Well im disabled, i would love to find a partner one day, but i think my chances of finding a normal parners are very slim (atleast how i feel atm) hence i asked :) also, i think i have more in common with those with healthy problems rather than an ordinary person

This and other sites like it are for those that need to interact with others. You don't have to be a part of a subset to belong to any of them. There might be themes, as here it is lonely people having a place to not be so lonely, but they could get similar attention at almost any forum. It's an idea exchange venue.

You are here. You are welcome. You can say what is on your mind and someone will respond.

There are no normal people. We are all broken. So I guess this place is for everyone.
Just read the last bit of your comment, well maybe its wrong to think that, i have a neurological condition and i dont consider myself as a "normal" human being.

Just read the last bit of your comment, well maybe its wrong to think that, i have a neurological condition and i dont consider myself as a "normal" human being.
Well, me too, cripplingly so. As well as five other illnesses that take their own tolls. But am I unusual? I don't think so. Most people are dealing with something that keeps them from being normal, which makes the abnormal condition the norm.

I'm sorry for your challenge. Life as you define normal is hard enough.

Well, me too, cripplingly so. As well as five other illnesses that take their own tolls. But am I unusual? I don't think so. Most people are dealing with something that keeps them from being normal, which makes the abnormal condition the norm.

I'm sorry for your challenge. Life as you define normal is hard enough.
I guess I'm in the right place then :). The way i see normal is: you are born and live your life without any physical of mental defects, i have an auto-immuny condition, i lived a normal life and was very fit and healthy, now its a different life so maybe thats where this "normal" comes from, like things you used to take for granted, now is a mission.

I probably think of a life as being "not normal" rather then an individual being not normal.

I agree with you, life as very tough for everyone regardless they have a disability or not, lots of anxiety, stress floating around so being physically well does not guarantee you happiness :)

Last edited:
Hi, this might sound stupid, but what is this forum about and who is it for? I keep geting email notifications for this forum so i decided to click and it took me here and apparently I'm a registered user. I tried to find more about this forum, but there is no "About Us" section in the natigation menu. Can anyone share some light please? Thanks!
You probably joined up at some point in the past, and recently this site started emailing you. I know I was on here maybe 2-3 summers ago. Just recently started receiving emails...like within the last 3-6 months maybe less.

A question for you. What is 'normal'? We are all totally different and have challenges and problems that make life difficult for us which is probably why we are here.

Just like to add that I read a different name for disabled recently which I liked a lot - 'differentabled', and that sums it up for me :)

I am challenged, but I am by no means disabled. I will fight my disadvantages all the way to my grave. I don't want pity. I do however expect that little leeway I need to keep up with the pack, not because I am less, but because I excuse their deficits when I outperform them.

A question for you. What is 'normal'? We are all totally different and have challenges and problems that make life difficult for us which is probably why we are here.

Just like to add that I read a different name for disabled recently which I liked a lot - 'differentabled', and that sums it up for me :)
Well sorry to anyone if me saying "not normal" offended you, i am disabled myself and do not consider my life as "normal" so being disabled i do have a right to call myself that :p.

What im implying by "normal" is a life without any physical or mental defects.

I know my day to day struggles, i just can't call this normal I'm sorry :)

I am challenged, but I am by no means disabled. I will fight my disadvantages all the way to my grave. I don't want pity. I do however expect that little leeway I need to keep up with the pack, not because I am less, but because I excuse their deficits when I outperform them.
Great spirit, keep it up! Unfortunitly i can't do the same, my body just won't allow it :)

Well sorry to anyone if me saying "not normal" offended you, i am disabled myself and do not consider my life as "normal" so being disabled i do have a right to call myself that :p.

What im implying by "normal" is a life without any physical or mental defects.

I know my day to day struggles, i just can't call this normal I'm sorry :)
I think I should be the one apologising, as what I said obviously upset you which was not my intention.
Yes you obviously have the right to choose whichever term you prefer in relation to the problems which cause you to struggle; I was trying to explain my own personal view which is that we are all struggling in different ways, not trying to invalidate yours.
Again, apologies

I think I should be the one apologising, as what I said obviously upset you which was not my intention.
Yes you obviously have the right to choose whichever term you prefer in relation to the problems which cause you to struggle; I was trying to explain my own personal view which is that we are all struggling in different ways, not trying to invalidate yours.
Again, apologies
Nonono, no need to apologise, i did not take any offense for a second, we r all good, peace and have a great day \/

Latest posts

Back