Advice from a Divorced Man

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's assuming that both partners go by the items in that list, of course. Frankly I consider it a list of impossible demands for some of us, me included. #19 is especially undoable, in my case.

those tips sounds very good if you ask me... Guy is honest about this I would say...

I think these items are all important and worthy of attention. Anyone who gets divorced could make lists like these as a lesson for the next relationship. It's important to note, however, that following these lists will not guarantee happiness if the two partners are not in sync with each other. Sometimes, the love just fades away and you just need to let go.

I see this as a good reminder at the beginning of a relationship, as well as a constant reminder of how to make things better. But at some point, the damage is done, and some people lose interest in making repairs.

Just my two cents' worth.

Limlim said:
Holy honeysuckle. There's no ******* way I'm going to get married. It was exhausting reading that, imagine having to live that way?

I roared- simply awesome.

To me all those things also apply to the wife as well, it takes two people to let a marriage or relationship dissolve, obviosuly this man is in a great deal of pain and is beating himself up over it. I get a little tired of it always being the man's fault. When you see things like this skewed towards the man's favour, women jump in and beat on men some more.

Uplifting and respectable notions, but Lim nailed it: utterly unrealistic. I'd exhaust my own well-being to accomplish all these for another.

And seriously..."penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul"? Don't pretend like you didn't go straight to the gutter with that one people. :p

barky said:
Uplifting and respectable notions, but Lim nailed it: utterly unrealistic. I'd exhaust my own well-being to accomplish all these for another.

And seriously..."penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul"? Don't pretend like you didn't go straight to the gutter with that one people. :p

Agreed, essentially the author of this list is just playing a game of "What If" and if you have ever played "What If" you know it gets you nowhere and hurts like hell. He is trying to find reasons for his marriage breaking down and is blaming it all on himself for a start but also the things he is mentioning are all kind of shallow or trivial, if you really love someone does it matter if you have "Date Nights" for example?

"Penetrate her to the deepest levels of her soul" I'm so cynical about this and feel like the whole thing was written by a woman actually or a very depressed man. It's just too over wrought.

Latest posts

Back