Ain't No Sunshine

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

I lost my long term girlfriend 5 years ago and since then have started to give up on life. I am struggling to understand why she was taken away from me and what is the point in me being on this earth. I lived and breathed for her and now she's gone. Ain't no sunshine. I still love you.

I'm sorry for your loss. I believe that when people lose someone they care about, whether through death or ended relationship, they need to grieve. You're still grieving and there is not official time limit on grief. Its understandable you feel that way but you should be open to new friends and relationships because some wonderful person is missing the oppurtunity of have you by their side. :)

Agree with Frecconia. Your girlfriend was the main focal point in your life for years. Many of us have done the same. There were places to go, and life to experience and your girlfriend in being with you was the conduit and doorway to it all. It was a team. The era is over and it seems you feel lost. It happened to me and I always thought about and longed for the that past era. It takes awhile but time does dilute the pain. I hope you get through the grieving process ok and find ways to get back in the world. You do have to try. Good luck to you. There are those in the world who do care!

Falco

Latest posts

Back