Alone in Seattle

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mauro

Reaction score
Hey all, new here. Hope yall are doing well. Anyway, Ive been experiencing loneliness for a while now. Like most functional depressed people, I have a job and hide it well at work, I function well for the most part. Ive been divorced for 6 years, just turned 54 and for the most part Ive been fine with being alone. Im an artist or I should say, I call myself one since most of my free time is spent painting and drawing. Lately, the loneliness has been hard. Not sure why, but sometimes Im hit with intense feelings of sadness and suicidal thoughts. I dont beleive i will hurt myself and it passess quickly. Im not really interested in relationships. Not sure why. I like women, always have and have gotten along well with them. I had a good marriage, but it ended and I never really was able to recover from divorce. Im still friends with my ex, we have two grown kids who are doing well despite the divorce and my ex seems to be happy and has moved on which makes me happy for her. I dont know why Im saying all this, but I guess Im just feeling lonely and sending these words out into the world sort of makes one feel a little alive.

Hello Mauro. Welcome to the forum. I think loneliness is there to remind us that we need to connect with others. It's really a good thing that you are ok being by yourself. I think an artist needs alone time. There are a lot of nice people here from different walks of life to connect with. I wish you well.

Welcome to the forums :)

It's funny. I type my most private thoughts into an encrypted document that one might call a diary. It is typed same as I do here. But here, knowing someone will read it makes it different. It holds more purpose.

So type away. The only way to learn to know someone is to read their posts. The only way to get to be known is to post yourself.

Welcome. You are invited to post some of your art. There is a forum specifically for self expression.

Welcome to the forum. You can show yourself here, ppl are willing to listen and to take part.

Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. I will definitely look around this forum and explore the community. Unusually cold here in Seattle, snow falling, but hopefully our good friend rain returns on Saturday and sticks around for a while. Its nice to have things to depend on. I wish all of you happy holidays wherever you may be.

Hey all, new here. Hope yall are doing well.
Greetings, Mauro. Nice to meet you.🙂

Anyway, Ive been experiencing loneliness for a while now. Like most functional depressed people, I have a job and hide it well at work, I function well for the most part.
Yeah, I hear you. I do much the same. Life is peachy.
Ive been divorced for 6 years, just turned 54 and for the most part Ive been fine with being alone. Im an artist or I should say, I call myself one since most of my free time is spent painting and drawing.
Important to have a creative outlet.
Lately, the loneliness has been hard. Not sure why, but sometimes Im hit with intense feelings of sadness and suicidal thoughts. I dont beleive i will hurt myself and it passess quickly.
Too much time on social media can get me in the dumps. Too much time with other people will do same thing, get me in the dumps. 🙄
Im not really interested in relationships. Not sure why.
Relationships take energy. If you are feeling low... hard to manage a relationship (just my thought 🤔)
I like women, always have and have gotten along well with them. I had a good marriage, but it ended and I never really was able to recover from divorce.
Sorry to hear.... I see some people can just bounce relationships every 4 to 7 years, but then there are others who are 'committed' and have that one long term relationship and it takes a long time to get into another (if ever).
Im still friends with my ex, we have two grown kids who are doing well despite the divorce and my ex seems to be happy and has moved on which makes me happy for her.
Good for you! Holding any resentment is a like a poison. ☠️
I dont know why Im saying all this, but I guess Im just feeling lonely and sending these words out into the world sort of makes one feel a little alive.
It can truly help to share your thoughts. Sometimes writing things out can help one gain a perspective and/or organize thoughts

I'm sorry about ur divorce but I'm glad ur on friendly terms with your ex. Personally I love art of all kinds: drawing, painting, etc.

If you ever feel suicidal or overwhelmed you can call 998. I used it myself during an emotional crisis; sometimes it's good to talk to an nonjudgmental person.

I truly hope you find what you're looking for 😊

Latest posts

Back