Alone or Together?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188522

Reaction score
Which one would you prefer, having a posh trip alone or having a picnic with people you like and like your company?
I do miss social contact; ergo, I would select the picnic.

Hell yeah, the picnic for sure. We can play games, tell jokes, and all accompanied by some good eatin'.

Also, depending on how close I am with these, hypothetical, people, we can have some serious discussions about current or past events.

Better have some glizzys at that picnic too.

It's more like a sloped scale than it is a rigid definition.
The Extrovert / Introvert thing, that is.

Too much solitude will cause a natural decline in mental health, even for the more introverted and reclusive among us in society.

This is because the human brain simply did not evolve to be able to handle solitude well. We're social creatures by nature, which is why we evolved to be able to communicate through speech.

But it's also true that a great deal of unnecessary and overcomplicated conflict can arise from too much social interaction as these variables of other people in our lives are also sentient beings with their own feelings, thoughts and narratives.

For me, I have to find the balance between minimal social interaction so that my brain doesn't slap itself sotospeak, but also not so much social interaction that I completely fresia myself out of my own feelings, thoughts and narratives...because that absolutely can and unfortunately often does happen to a great deal of many people in life.

Probably more comfortable alone. Maybe another person. If that number goes much higher(not including my actual job) I dunno. It's supposed to be the norm, and believe you me, I am putting so much effort into trying to engage more people, even if it's superficial. But it's actually working for the most part. It's not the mindset I've been living with. People actually talk back. This honeysuckle is weird sober.

I wouldn't mind having a picnic with people I like, but that's very unlikely.
I travel alone most of times when I go on trips. In this situation, I am forced to deal with strangers and different environments, and that's a good thing because at home I live by myself and usually don't talk to anyone all day.

Latest posts

Back