Always losing.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wrong

Silent Hill
Reaction score
Its like no matter what I do, I always get the short end of the stick. Which is why I quit trying. Its been that way all my life, i'm just not a winner. I'm a loser.

It isn't even an exaggeration, its just how it is. And its funny when people say its a "self fulfilling prophecy" when theres no way to escape it. Trust me, I tried to have a sort of "winning mentality" several times in my life only to lose that much harder.

I've always had this weird feeling that I am somehow cursed. Specially considering we used to live in a haunted house when I was a kid. I don't mind if you don't believe that last part. If you've never experienced a haunting house I'd get that theres no way you could believe in it. And thats ok. (and no, thats not a piss poor attempt at reverse psychology.) Yet, even if you completely disregard that part of my life, I still feel like i'm cursed and theres just no way either God or the Universe or whatever you wanna believe in would ever let me win at anything.

If we would be playing cards, i'd always lose. Specially if it were about some money (even though I don't gamble), i'd lose. Heck maybe thats even a reason why I never took up gambling, its kinda easy to avoid if you know you're always gonna lose anyway. Its not just about games or whatever though, its everything. Got kids who hates me, family that hate me, so I never see them and they'd never ever call. People just aren't interested in ever calling me unless its some stupid call center trying to sell me crap. They simply don't give a fresia how i'm doing. I could be laying bleeding to death in the middle of the street, every single one of them would just step over me and try to avoid getting blood on their shoe, because ew.

Even as a kid they ******* hated me, I got beaten up about 12 times a day until eventually I took up some Tae Kwon-do lessons and beat the snot out of a kid in first grade high school. Then they finally left me alone. And thats another thing, they ruined my youth. Both my mother and those ******** did. And how are they doing? I bet they're just fine living life to the fullest, great successes all of them. I'm sure of it. Because unlike the movies in real life evil always wins. Not that i'm an angel myself mind you, just a loser.

Well, welcome to the party. Oh, but it's your turn to buy pizza! 😜

No, I get what you are saying. I never experienced bullying. But I can relate to not being called, and generally feeling as though everything is staked against me.

I hope things change for you. If not, then a genuine welcome to the party.

Okay, so you think you're cursed. Have you ever thought about going to a....I don't know who does curses. A psychic, a medium, a reiki master or whatever does that type of thing?

Aside from that, if you always lose at playing cards, I think that just indicates that the other players are better than you or you just suck. No offense.

Why do your kids and family hate you? If you posted about that previously, just tell me and I'll go look up the posts (sorry, I'm been busy lately, so I've skipped a lot of posts over the last several months.)

Okay, so you think you're cursed. Have you ever thought about going to a....I don't know who does curses. A psychic, a medium, a reiki master or whatever does that type of thing?

Aside from that, if you always lose at playing cards, I think that just indicates that the other players are better than you or you just suck. No offense.

Why do your kids and family hate you? If you posted about that previously, just tell me and I'll go look up the posts (sorry, I'm been busy lately, so I've skipped a lot of posts over the last several months.)
No offense, but you kinda remind me of my oldest brother with this sorta I don't wanna use the word patronizing, but yeah a reply like "things can't be that bad" to answer your question oh yeah, been to tons of churches, religions and I've even been in a witches coven. I know, it sounds ludicrous, trust me when I say you can't make this honeysuckle up. I tried it all. Cards was just an example, it can be anything, really. I have irritable bowel syndrome but i'm pretty sure if we held a pooping competition i'd somehow even lose at that.

oh and my kids hate me because my ex pretty much demonized me against them and there isn't jack honeysuckle I can do. they believe they don't wanna see me, so thats game over for me. and yeah tried everything with that too. fought like a lion for years.

Well, welcome to the party. Oh, but it's your turn to buy pizza! 😜

No, I get what you are saying. I never experienced bullying. But I can relate to not being called, and generally feeling as though everything is staked against me.

I hope things change for you. If not, then a genuine welcome to the party.

oh i've been used to it for almost 48 years now. its not gonna change. maybe in my next life i'll be adopted by brangelina or something and luck out, but i'm not banking on it.

No offense, but you kinda remind me of my oldest brother with this sorta I don't wanna use the word patronizing, but yeah a reply like "things can't be that bad" to answer your question oh yeah, been to tons of churches, religions and I've even been in a witches coven. I know, it sounds ludicrous, trust me when I say you can't make this honeysuckle up. I tried it all. Cards was just an example, it can be anything, really. I have irritable bowel syndrome but i'm pretty sure if we held a pooping competition i'd somehow even lose at that.

oh and my kids hate me because my ex pretty much demonized me against them and there isn't jack honeysuckle I can do. they believe they don't wanna see me, so thats game over for me. and yeah tried everything with that too. fought like a lion for years.

I didn't mean it to come off as patronizing at all. I was honestly curious on if you had tried those methods. I do actually believe in ghosts and all that, I just don't know much about what it takes to accomplish breaking a curse or stuff like that. If you are cursed, there must be something out there that can help.

Now, with the situation with your kids, I can somewhat understand that to an extent. Not my own kids, but my niece and nephew. My brother married a skanky ass crack whore and she did everything she could to make my niece and nephews hate me. It worked with my youngest nephew, but not the other two. I don't know how old your kids are, but I can tell you that they may come to realize what your ex did and start making their own decisions. Don't give up on them.

I was also bullied pretty hard in school and it's remained with me to this day. Like you, I took up weight lifting, built up bulk, then all of my rage came out on one person who was making fun of me and I literally beat him bloody in the school hall. I had blood on my hands when the teachers pulled us apart. All of that pent up fury came rushing out of me and the memory still scares me, but people definitely left me alone after that. In fact, they left me so alone I didn't have any friends. Everyone was terrified of me. I've never hit anyone before or since.

If you were really bullied, that's a pretty likely source of why you feel like a loser. People told you were a loser and treated you like a loser at an impressionable age. That stuff sticks. Everything else afterwards feels like a validation of what you heard over and over again. Bullying lasts a lifetime and you never really recover fully, you just find ways to deal with it. At least, that's my experience.

I know you've been given the same old lines over and over again, but you have to change your thinking about yourself. You don't seem like a loser to me, you seem like someone who just thinks they're a loser. You're not. To alter a phrase from a Buddhist teacher, "I don't see a loser, I see someone who has had bad experiences." There is no such thing as "a loser." You've obviously had some bad crap come your way, for sure, but that doesn't make you "a loser." I would suggest that you try to take an extended break from that word.

Ewomack summarized up things quite well and gives great advice. The only thing I could add is to try, as hard as it may be, to stop this line of thinking. I know, easier said than done. Yea, kids are brutal, life can stink most of the time, and there is way more bad luck than good. But try not to let past trends define you. Think about moving forward as a different “reset” person. This new person is starting fresh, and though the same stinky life and bad luck will be encountered here and there, look for lights in the tunnel. Even positive attempts, though not successful, are still really a win because you tried your best.

Now, if only I could follow my own advise…..lol.

Its like no matter what I do, I always get the short end of the stick. Which is why I quit trying. Its been that way all my life, i'm just not a winner. I'm a loser.

It isn't even an exaggeration, its just how it is. And its funny when people say its a "self fulfilling prophecy" when theres no way to escape it. Trust me, I tried to have a sort of "winning mentality" several times in my life only to lose that much harder.

I've always had this weird feeling that I am somehow cursed. Specially considering we used to live in a haunted house when I was a kid. I don't mind if you don't believe that last part. If you've never experienced a haunting house I'd get that theres no way you could believe in it. And thats ok. (and no, thats not a piss poor attempt at reverse psychology.) Yet, even if you completely disregard that part of my life, I still feel like i'm cursed and theres just no way either God or the Universe or whatever you wanna believe in would ever let me win at anything.

If we would be playing cards, i'd always lose. Specially if it were about some money (even though I don't gamble), i'd lose. Heck maybe thats even a reason why I never took up gambling, its kinda easy to avoid if you know you're always gonna lose anyway. Its not just about games or whatever though, its everything. Got kids who hates me, family that hate me, so I never see them and they'd never ever call. People just aren't interested in ever calling me unless its some stupid call center trying to sell me crap. They simply don't give a fresia how i'm doing. I could be laying bleeding to death in the middle of the street, every single one of them would just step over me and try to avoid getting blood on their shoe, because ew.

Even as a kid they ******* hated me, I got beaten up about 12 times a day until eventually I took up some Tae Kwon-do lessons and beat the snot out of a kid in first grade high school. Then they finally left me alone. And thats another thing, they ruined my youth. Both my mother and those ******** did. And how are they doing? I bet they're just fine living life to the fullest, great successes all of them. I'm sure of it. Because unlike the movies in real life evil always wins. Not that i'm an angel myself mind you, just a loser.
Your life sounds exactly like mine. I'm 61 years old now and have never been married, no woman I've ever been attacted to has ever fallen for me and even when I was a kid, I was always the most unpopular kid in the neighborhood. I know exactly what you mean when you say you're cursed.

Your life sounds exactly like mine. I'm 61 years old now and have never been married, no woman I've ever been attacted to has ever fallen for me and even when I was a kid, I was always the most unpopular kid in the neighborhood. I know exactly what you mean when you say you're cursed.
Welcome to the site! I'm glad to see you posted. Like me, there are several here in similar situations.

you're the first person i ever met that feels exactly like i feel.

Hmm well I am firmly of the belief that some people just can't. I have met plenty who no matter how many times I explain tricks in programming languages they just do not understand. I have one co-worker, who is 20 years my senior, who refuses to take my suggestions and tells me to implement them myself because she is not confident enough too.

Next is do you try to analyze why you lost. I noticed that my interview skills went way up after I started spending an hour or two reviewing my interviews after I got home. After all, they say the definition of insanity is to do the same thing expecting a different result

Latest posts

Back