Amazon Sucks!!!!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OMG! I hate Amazon so much now. I've used them for about 15 years or so. At first they were great. I use to order quite a bit of stuff through them. But, ****, their systems are a complete mess now. It's extremely difficult to take care of simple problems. The Chat is just a stupid bot that just causes more frustration. Plus they want too much for Amazon Prime. BTW, I never signed up for that stupid crap. Good luck actually contacting customer service. I've had so **** many problems with Amazon that I'm finally done with them. They knowingly directly sold thousands, probably millions of counterfeit DVDs. That's illegal. But, since it's Amazon it's okay. They are too big too function properly any more. It's time to break it apart into smaller individual companies instead of allowing them to expand their services.

I will never ever, never ever buy anything through Amazon ever, ever again including their way over priced crap Sprouts stores. If Amazon is attached to it some how I'm done with it.

I've never had issues contacting Amazon if I had issues with something. With more people buying online because of the pandemic, they probably have a high volume of people contacting them, just like everyone else does.

As for what they sell. Are you sure AMAZON sold those or did a third party? Amazon is not entirely Amazon anymore. It's a cross between Amazon and Ebay and Etsy.

As for Prime, I think it just depends on how you use it. If it's ONLY for free shipping, yeah, it kind of a waste, but if you read the books and watch videos and listen to music, it's actually not that terrible.

Amazon pissed me off in regards to the recent PS5 launch. They were fine with marketplace sellers charging upwards of 3x the price of a unit - $2000 for a PS5 when they sell for $629 Canadian. Total ******* BS - a bunch of scammers taking advantage of people desperate to get hold of one before Christmas and Amazon seemingly fine with the situation. I tried to complain, but I couldn’t find a way to contact customer service about this particular issue. I am less and less inclined to deal with them.

ringwood said:
Amazon pissed me off in regards to the recent PS5 launch. They were fine with marketplace sellers charging upwards of 3x the price of a unit - $2000 for a PS5 when they sell for $629 Canadian. Total ******* BS - a bunch of scammers taking advantage of people desperate to get hold of one before Christmas and Amazon seemingly fine with the situation. I tried to complain, but I couldn’t find a way to contact customer service about this particular issue. I am less and less inclined to deal with them.

Not sure about Canada, but on America's Amazon, each product has a "Report incorrect product information" link. You can click that, then click "other issue" and type in price gouging.

I've had a ton of problems. Early this year I couldn't login for four months because they forced me to use a secondary verification other then the email I've been using for a long time. So, the verification was being sent to my old phone number for some reason. I called customer service and they said they couldn't verify it is me and I would need to send them a copy of my driver's license. I would never and will never do that. People that are willing to do that are insane. Amazon can't be trusted with that information besides they'll sell it off to a bunch of third party vendors as "necessary for doing business."

Anyway, I could answer all of the past purchase history questions because I've kept track of every purchase I've ever made through them. I verified my email address, home address, shipping address, and credit card information. But, that wasn't good enough. They kept asking non-security code odd ball questions that I couldn't answer. Or that I didn't answer exactly correctly as I later discovered.

Apparently their computer system picks random questions from their database. I happen to get the correct combination of questions for the foreign customer service person to ask me. It took no less then ten calls to them and lots of time to finally be able to update my cell phone number. Then I still couldn't login. Their system sent me a link to click on with my cell phone. I don't click on links on my cell phone. I want the stupid verification code messaged to me as stated in their own policy. But, there's some setting that none of the customer service reps can find to correct that problem.

So, every time I want to log in a verification link gets sent to my cell phone. Then I have to type that into the web browser and click, "Someone else is logging into your account" in order to finally get into my account.

That's just 1 of about 20 problems I've had and still having with Amazon.

But, yes, the third part sellers are really F..king things up too. So what happens is a third party will sell stuff on Amazon via Walmart or some other online retailer. You have no idea that is happening. You believe that you are buying directly from the third party vendor especially when it's an actual business. When you receive something messed up Amazon says tough honeysuckle, the third party vendor says tough honeysuckle, and you can't deal directly with the actual seller because you didn't buy anything from them. Your name is on the shipping label but that's it. If you fight the charges with your credit card company Amazon says here's proof of tracking, "Received."

So, if have to contact Amazon and go through all their BS in hopes to find a foreign customer service rep that understands what the problem is and be will to help. Well, as long as they have enough power to make it happen. Amazon severely restricts what the foreign customer service agents can and can not do. It's for your protection. But, it also makes things way more difficult and sometimes impossible. If you read comments on various products you'll see buyers saying stuff like it arrive broke and can't get a refund. That's one reason why.

You think how is that possible? Well, each third party vendor gets to have their own return policies. Amazon only wants to take a piece of the sell. Then don't want to protect the buyer even though they state they do with a "Gold Standard Return Policy." Or, whatever they hell they are calling it now.

It's not a issue of simply clicking unsatisfied or whatnot.

I started shopping on Amazon in 1997 and have watched it burgeon into a monolithic beast. In its early days it didn't make a profit and people wondered if it would survive. Now it's become like a beached whale and, once again, people have begun to wonder if it can survive. Will it collapse under its own weight? Their customer service options have also reduced quite a bit over the years. I remember when I could send them a message or a question and receive a real human response. Now if I try I feel like I'm talking to bots or algorithms or something that outright fails the Turing test. Overall, I've had very few problems with Amazon, but I can see that they've become a rather impersonal behemoth, especially over the past five years or so. Only during our recent pandemic times have I started ordering things like underwear or socks from them. I used to brick-and-mortar all of those previously. Sadly for the physical stores, it was pretty easy to just click and wait for the package to arrive. To top it off, we did sign up for Prime so usually things appear in 2 - 3 days. But the more and more people who have experiences like Finished's, the more people may start getting into their cars and procuring underwear once more from real places. I guess we'll see.

A few months ago I contacted a seller (in China) on amazon because I had a problem with their product. They replied  to me my dear friend we are very sorry Blabla and that they would give me a 5 € coupon. The next morning I received a text message from "Amazon" in crappy German, congratulations, follow the link to get to your 500E (whatever that is) coupon. Obviously a scam. I never receive a text message like that.  So, it would have been too much of a coincidence, although I can't be sure.

I have taken advantage of the free amazon prime 30 day trial already twice. I just use it for free delivery, next day delivery etc. and then cancel when the 30 days are over haha. I think I can test it once a year.

The counterfeit products are really off-putting and I've noticed a lot of those too. They erode trust.

Amazon is convenient because I don't have to go through a lengthy checkout process each time I buy something.

It's funny. I'm so tired of hearing or reading something starting off with Dear Friend. It's like the Chinese sellers actual believe that means something to people. Maybe they could try something different like Dear Lover or Dear Sucker. Ha! ha!

Yeah, I've thought about doing the 30 day Amazon prime deal a few times. But, I always think it might be more trouble then it's worth to cancel. I could easily see them saying, "Sorry, Dear Friend, but our system didn't receive your request in time. But, the good news is that you can use our prime service for an entire year since you have been billed for it. Have a good day. Is there anything else I can help you with?" Blaaaaahhhh. Ha! Ha!

Yeah, a long time ago I actually was able to get through to the Amazon legal department and speak to one of their actual attorneys about counterfeit products I purchased through them. The person said that they are not counterfeit they are third party products. But, I said that Amazon was selling them directly as OEM original projects which is illegal. She didn't care or wasn't going to do anything about it because Amazon has been making a ton of money on selling the counterfeit crap. It's no secrete to the public. But, law enforcement seems to think it is. Maybe that's because the government likes getting the tax revenues from Amazon selling the cheap counterfeit crap.

Ha! ha! Yeah, Amazon is good at one click and the transaction is complete. It definitely sucks to go to a new website and have to put in all your information. Besides I want to restrict my information being out there as much as possible. However, many sites take Paypal. Those sites redirect you to Paypal where you login and agree to pay. Then you go back and click complete transaction on the original website. That's not too bad.

I just wanted to message a seller about an item I bought, I had to go throught the chat bot which made me play 20 questions. I was like holy crow chatbot, which ended up going to the seller, and I didn't know when I would be typing my message. I thought it would take me to another screen. Another thing is item codes. If I order 5 items, and it says one item is out for delivery, or shipped, it never says the item, instead it says the long code of numbers and letters. I'm forced to log in and go to my order history to see which item it is. At least I can order things. I'm thankful for that.

I have no problem with Amazon. Prime free delivery has made up for the monthly due. Movies are cheaper than Netflix if that's all you use. I use Music enough to not buy mp3s. Any one of these has made up for the cost. All of them is like a gift. To top that, I just started Amazon pharmacy. My first order saved me enough to pay ten months of Amazon.

I've never had a problem with deliveries or returns. Given that my option for most of this would be buying at Walmart, which technically doesn't support local economy either, I'd rather support Amazon.

Latest posts

Back