American food. Is it really that bad?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunless Sky

Reaction score
To any and all Americans on here,

I heard a lot of bad things about certain American food franchises. I've also heard a lot of jokes at their expense.

Things like: "oh man, I had the most destructive honeysuckle of my life after eating at dennys" and "if you want to puke then Arbys is the place for you".

My question is, are they really that bad? Or have the rumors been blown out of proportions for comedic purposes? Anyone have any personal experiences they can share?

Thanks in advance 😁

Well, the problem is that American food is SOOO much different than European food because of the honeysuckle Europe doesn't allow in the food that America does.

That said, Denny's and Arby's aren't that bad, unless you are a food snob. They are just typical fast food. Denny's however is only good after a long night at the bar. That's the only time me and my crowd ever went there. lol

We have some of the best restaurants in the world we just also have a honeysuckle load of bad fast food. But that isn't "American food" it's common sense don't go for the cheap garbage unless you want cheap garbage.

There are crap fast food place that are focused on serving the lowest quality crap with all kinds of extra fat, sugar, and salt added to it to try to make it taste good. If you haven't eaten it ever or a long time it tastes like crap. But, if you keep eating it you crave the honeysuckle out of it. So, many people live on the fast food crap.

Denny's is a basic restuarant on not bad. It's a step up. They use real food. But, they typically still add lots of salt and other crap. There are a food in-between places like this. You can actually order somewhat healthy food at these places. Or, you can order it without all the salt and added fats. I used to do that when I was working.

Then there are the normal restaurants they range from, IMO, over priced to super duper over priced. They still add tons of salt and sugar and fat. But, they do it using good quality food. So, the flavors are usually really good. However, all the crap is still used on this food especially the fancy stuff. But, you can absolutely order food without it. However, many of the meats are bathed in and infused with different salts and sugars.

Then most Americans like lots of sauce on top of their foods, which is more salt, sugar, and fat. Usually the server sizes in America are more then what the average person needs or really wants. But, we like to eat everything up. Americans love their sugary drinks too. Coffee used to just be ground coffee beans with maybe a little cream or sugar. Now coffee has more calories in it then a complete meal. Coffee is now a dessert. But, people drink it like it's nothing.

In America if it doesn't have lots of salt, sugar, and fat in it then people don't want it. I think most of the food is gross now since I cook everything myself using only basic fresh single ingredient foods. I never add sugar or salt to anything. So, I can really taste all the added crap to the food the few times I rarely eat out.

Latest posts

Back