An encouragement for new members

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! I'm 46 yo woman from Bulgaria.
I discovered this forum by accident, but that's exactly what I needed - a place to write and read from people who are in my or similar to mine state of loneliness, isolation and unwillingness to communicate with the outside world.
I have no marriage, no children, I have a good job, a few friends, a brother and my parents - in general, this is my whole social circle. What I am trying to do is read, discover and work on my inner problems, insecurity, low self-esteem, fear of abandonment, etc. I have already read a lot of posts here and I can say that I'm really glad that I found this forum.
Wow! Bulgaria! I'm guessing that you also speak Bulgarian? Typing that out, it feels like a stupid question, but I have met people from other countries who don't speak that country's native language, so I never assume. If yes, how close is Bulgarian to Russian? And do they share the same Cyrillic alphabet? In other words, if I spoke Russian, could I "get by" in Bulgaria? Could I possibly ask more questions? 😁

I have the album "Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares," which is incredible, but I am sadly negligent in information on Bulgaria. I should know more. I can only imagine the amazing road trips that you could take (but probably not during Covid)- to Athens, Bucharest, Istanbul, Sarajevo and countless others, including within Bulgaria. Tsarevets looks pretty amazing, as does the Dragalevtsi monastery and the Kukeri festival.

All I can say is reading is the best medicine. I try to spend as much time reading as I can, when life doesn't get in the way.

Welcome!

Thank you all for the kind welcome!

Wow! Bulgaria! I'm guessing that you also speak Bulgarian? Typing that out, it feels like a stupid question, but I have met people from other countries who don't speak that country's native language, so I never assume. If yes, how close is Bulgarian to Russian? And do they share the same Cyrillic alphabet? In other words, if I spoke Russian, could I "get by" in Bulgaria? Could I possibly ask more questions? 😁

I have the album "Le Mystère des Voix Bulgares," which is incredible, but I am sadly negligent in information on Bulgaria. I should know more. I can only imagine the amazing road trips that you could take (but probably not during Covid)- to Athens, Bucharest, Istanbul, Sarajevo and countless others, including within Bulgaria. Tsarevets looks pretty amazing, as does the Dragalevtsi monastery and the Kukeri festival.

All I can say is reading is the best medicine. I try to spend as much time reading as I can, when life doesn't get in the way.

Welcome!

ewomack, thanks for your interest in my country. Bulgarians and Russians use a similar alphabet - Cyrillic, but our languages are not the same. However, many people, especially of my generation, understand Russian, and many of the younger generations speak English, so it will not be a problem to understand you everywhere, especially in larger cities.
Bulgaria is a beautiful country, we have an interesting history, ancient remains of the Roman and Byzantine empires, and even more ancient pagan temples, we have beautiful nature, warm and sunny weather most of the year, we have the Black Sea, which is great for vacation and for foreigners is not expensive to stay here.
You can travel to nearby countries. I have been to Greece, Turkey, Northern Macedonia and Romania. Istanbul is a beautiful city worth seeing.
Here are some of my own pictures from my city of Plovdiv, which is in the central part of the country, a city that existed 6000 BC.

Attachments

• 20200131_175005.jpg.jpg
    20200131_175005.jpg.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200209_153601.jpg.jpg
    20200209_153601.jpg.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 47
  • 20200228_133439.jpg.jpg
    20200228_133439.jpg.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 54
  • 20200409_105932.jpg.jpg
    20200409_105932.jpg.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200522_173648.jpg.jpg
    20200522_173648.jpg.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20200528_121620.jpg.jpg
    20200528_121620.jpg.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 20200627_213006.jpg.jpg
    20200627_213006.jpg.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 51
  • 20200627_214237.jpg.jpg
    20200627_214237.jpg.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 50
However, many people, especially of my generation, understand Russian
And do you understand it(just curiuos as I can speak it) I visited your country many years ago, I can remeber people prefered Russian to English that days, it was more than 20 years ago. But I could only understand some words in Bulgarian.
And as far as I remember you nod your head for "no" and shake for "yes"?

The pictures are beautiful!

Last edited:
And do you understand it(just curiuos as I can speak it) I visited your country many years ago, I can remeber people prefered Russian to English that days, it was more than 20 years ago. But I could only understand some words in Bulgarian.
And as far as I remember you nod your head for "yes" and shake for "no"?

The pictures are beautiful!
Thank you for the comment.😊
Yes, I understand Russian quite well, I can also speak more or less. Is it your native language or did you learn it later?

Hello and welcome Tonita. Nice places you got there.

I'm in NY, I'm Male, and I was born on Sep 25th 2001
I'm an incel and I like talking to people like me

Hey there, welcome aboard.

2001...wow, I remember what I was doing back then, I was in high school. Seems like only yesterday.

Just a friendly suggestion, you might not want to call yourself things like "incel" and "useless" - it won't do any good to categorize yourself with negative labels, you know? It's something I'm still working on, myself.

What do you like to do? Do you go for walks? Even if I don't feel that great, I find they help at least a little bit.

Hello, I'm female, live in Australia and I am 51 years old. I am single, live alone with my dog and cats, enjoy doing art and craft. I also have a few chronic illnesses which prevent me from working, so I have plenty of time on my hands.

Hello, I'm female, live in Australia and I am 51 years old. I am single, live alone with my dog and cats, enjoy doing art and craft. I also have a few chronic illnesses which prevent me from working, so I have plenty of time on my hands.
Welcome Dymo, and enjoy the forums. Can you share more about your art and craft?:giggle:

Welcome to the forums Dymo. :)

Latest posts

Back