Ancestry

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188685

sunflower lover
Reaction score
Is anyone on ancestry.com one of my uncle's found someone on there,that he thinks that could be his sister or some other relative to him,has anyone found a relative that they didn't know about on ancestry?

This is my nephew:

iu

Not any relatives, but my uncle used one of those kinds of sites to look up genetic ancestry, like what countries or regions your DNA is from.

There were a lot of trace amounts of DNA from countries we didn't know were part of our mix, I guess you could say (generally European, a little of this, a little of that). It doesn't change anything, but it is kinda interesting. We're mostly what we thought we were, but there are some parts from other places we didn't know about.

That only covers one side of the family though. I'd like to take the test myself, to see where both sides come from, and how close we are to what we've always said we are.

My mom has ancestry.com. I got my kid a different one.

My mom actually dives in and does all that genealogy stuff. She's taken it back pretty far. Apparently, I am related to one of the sheriffs of King Henry VIII or something like that. I don't know.
My son has found many relatives on his. We actually just met up with two of the people (we didn't even know existed because they were put up for adoption after they were born.) They would be my grandmother's nieces. BUT...my kid is more into the DNA side of his, so the family stuff is more on me.

My mom has ancestry.com. I got my kid a different one.

My mom actually dives in and does all that genealogy stuff. She's taken it back pretty far. Apparently, I am related to one of the sheriffs of King Henry VIII or something like that. I don't know.
My son has found many relatives on his. We actually just met up with two of the people (we didn't even know existed because they were put up for adoption after they were born.) They would be my grandmother's nieces. BUT...my kid is more into the DNA side of his, so the family stuff is more on me.
Impressive Callie!

This woman that my uncle found on there looks a lot like my mom,my mom is Norwegian,this woman is a lot more Norwegian then my mom,she is 99.8 percent norweign.

Norwegian sncestry...grrrrwar 😉
I'm looking to get manhandled by a valkyrie 🤪
It's so beautiful in Norway,have you ever been there? 😉Now my mom wants to go again to see the area that her family is from,I would live there if I could.

It's so beautiful in Norway,have you ever been there? 😉Now my mom wants to go again to see the area that her family is from,I would live there if I could.
I never have, but I know if I ever do, I'll probably want to stay. According to my family name, I probably have very far germanic roots

Latest posts

Back