And now, the long awaited Hide-a-box Kitty Bench!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 135067

Reaction score
She showed me a picture on the web and then pointed to the kitty boxes and said "I want those in this."

Never one to turn down a challenge I accepted.

This was made with left over lumber from the kitchen remodel. Not only was it virtually free, it got a bit of scrap out of my way.

I complained a lot... because it didn't go smoothly. But it's done. I do like completing a project. It's gratifying when a plan finally comes together.hide-a-box kitty bench2.jpg

Thanks. I'd like it better if it was made from boards, but she likes the ribbons in the edges of plywood. I built her a desk in a similar manner. I'd built her a bed before that. It was plywood, but built into a small sofa for a headboard. I built the entertainment center for the TV per her instructions. And there is the custom kitchen I finished last year. I'm not a fan of plywood, but lumber is expensive and real boards take a lot of preparation.

I think if she wants something else, I'm going to point her toward IKEA.

Nice job Jesse! I hope the cats enjoy it. My cats are ******** and would never go near it or only lay on the cushion up top.

Yeah, two of them. Ugly things. Best to hide them. That was the whole point of the bench.
Is it vented in the back or something? Im so goofy...I thought it was just a secret snooze place. My cats use the kitty door to go to their kitty deck that leads to the yard. No litter boxes for me.

Hahaha Love that photo !! Look at all of those little rascals cozed up real good. They appreciate you Jesse!! :love:

Latest posts

Back