Annoying neighbour

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not the one wandering the streets late at night after 10pm and knocking on an old woman's door who has cancer. I'm more worried about her due to his clown antics to be honest. I don't need to volunteer as I have things to do, he is probably running up the walls in his house due to pure boredom.

I will come and volunteer with you both 😇 We can all be friends!

tv-show-in-betweeners.gif

I have currently lived in the house i'm in for 8 years i believe now with my parents/brother. Due to previous problems we lost our family home long ago and have had to rent houses ever since which is mega shitty. The area i live in is very nice and so is the house but holy **** my neighbour is ******* annoying beyond belief. He is so bored, nuttier than squirrel **** but not a horrible person yet all his annoying behaviours outweigh that. He turned 70 recently but he retired waaaaaaaaaaay too early in my book, because he literally does nothing apart from be annoying which isn't a hobby. I thought when people retired they had hobbies, holidays etc but this guy does nothing. The guy has a partner who does everything basically as he can only do things for others and not her. He's too busy being nosey, going on a people pleasing crusade (he's a pathological people pleaser), banging bin lids/clapping/making whooshing noises/banging on my garage roof with a metal pole and swinging a brush around his head to scare birds away. My issue is him being there all the time, because our front and back doors face each other.

He's in and out about 40000 times a week doing nothing really, because he just goes to his car and 95% of the time he's not even getting anything from it. I only go out twice a day if that, the only time i go out is for a walk at night but he's decided to change his schedule to being a ******* barn owl now and he goes for a walk at night too. It doesn't matter how many hours this guy is outside for because recently he's been out for 7 hours and 10 hours with his partner respectively walking around. Soon as he comes back he's trying to calculate how he can be outside, because no matter how much he's outside for it's not enough. Even when it rains for days here they'll come out and water the plants which is beyond idiotic, but we can't even use our own garden and we have to burn to death in the house during the summer because they have the door wide ******* open (back door) and as soon we any of us grace the garden they'll appear. They also have to conduct every conversation on the back step or in the garden, it's like they only use the kitchen/garden for talking etc. Another thing that bothers me is on bin emptying day here (which is a Monday) on the Sunday night even though he's got 0 to do he'll put his bin out but won't move it until i am going for my walk. I'm not a fan of being asked stupid questions or being nabbed for a conversation because i will only talk to people i want to talk with/like and not with people who irritate me. He's a very thin guy, so i am not sure why he goes for walks when i do and he always knocks on our door with cheap bread, donuts, cakes yet he doesn't even eat them himself. So why buy them for if you don't like them? And why give them to us? He also goes to Costco too and purchases huge pallets of water/diet coke (boxes of 20), he doesn't even drink them and when workmen come to his house he'll try and palm the water/coke to them now.

That's another gripe too, he must have about 10000 numbers for workmen in my area and he doesn't even get jobs done by them. But when he does he is standing right behind them or staring at them on a ladder asking if they need help. He can't even turn his own water off in his house, he had to ask my dad and when his partner asks him to do anything he won't. Sorry for my rant but i am really pissed off and it's making my depression/anxiety even worse. Oh and he won't go anywhere far away in a car for a holiday/break because he's scared to miss anything and he thinks he's at everyone's beck and call even though nobody wants him. The last time he went away was Xmas just gone and that was only for a few days, because he won't even stay in a hotel/B&B for a few days it seems. My parents tell me to ignore him, but it's basically impossible if he's ******* there all the time. I don't think it's normal being on edge every time you leave the house or return because someone is that much of a bored loser they hover around all the time waiting to ask dumb questions. Even if i answered all his questions, he'd still ask another family member the next day the same questions so it makes no sense. I believe he has got OCD and some other type of mental ailment.

Another thing is we have a garden waste bin here and my dad opened his mouth to this neighbour saying the bin man wanted newspapers he'd thrown in the bin. Now this complete nut case every day collects papers every time he goes out, keeps them all in his car, then on a Sunday night if that green bin is being emptied on the Monday he'll wrap them up and 3 stacks will be there that weigh more than him but also they are ******* taller than our houses combined. Who would go to all that trouble? If he actually had a life he wouldn't be doing this crap. On 2 occasions this bin man didn't come so he didn't put his papers out, yet the bin man came and said "why aren't the papers here? I have enough it's ok" so why knock and get him started again collecting them? It just blows my mind. They live outside that much they could do the grass themselves, but as per usual the annoying neighbour had to ask our gardener to do the garden for them and we don't have a lawnmower either. One time he nearly collapsed actually due to spraying weed killer on his driveway (in mega heat), even though he's got no weeds so that give me a bit of a laugh. Then when our gardener didn't show up he was asking other gardeners to spray weed killer and got them to spray something on his grass. But he's watching my house all the time i think so he can go outside and make noise at birds, because how else would he know they are on my roof? Sorry for my rant again :ROFLMAO: .
Going on a people please crusade is often more about being a know all, nosey, interfering, and bored with nothing else to do than it is in being of any use to anyone. Maybe he is stupid, maybe he is mentally ill, maybe he has dementia, just stay away from him.

Going on a people please crusade is often more about being a know all, nosey, interfering, and bored with nothing else to do than it is in being of any use to anyone. Maybe he is stupid, maybe he is mentally ill, maybe he has dementia, just stay away from him.
This has been going on for 3 years and it's still happening now. Retiring too soon and having no hobbies or interests has basically fried his brain at this point. I think he has some form of dementia crossed with something else.

Latest posts

Back