Any other romantically unsuccessful people here cursed with the "big nose and small chin/jaw" situation?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forgottendanfan

Reaction score
I do believe that this particular combination of features is one of the most unfortunate to have. My nose is huge and hooked whilst my lower jaw and chin are rather short and set back, which makes my face look off balance, in both profile and face-on. It's been playing on my mind more and more just lately and I'm at the point where I almost feel resentment towards people with "normal" sized noses and balanced facial features. I've never been a fan of cosmetic surgery, but the more I dwell on this, the more it seems like an attractive option. Maybe it's just a moment of weakness which will pass, but I do place partial blame on these facial features of mine for the fact that I'm 35 and have never managed to attract anyone in my life, thus far. I acknowledge there are other non physical drawbacks working against me too, though.

I've had serious aesthetics issues that improved with age ... I had (big) nose fixing surgery and gained weight which was under the manly limit ... it didn't bring me success with women (because it's much harder to fix the mind) but totally worth it since it brought me confidence to cope with encountering new people and circumstances

I've had serious aesthetics issues that improved with age ... I had (big) nose fixing surgery and gained weight which was under the manly limit ... it didn't bring me success with women (because it's much harder to fix the mind) but totally worth it since it brought me confidence to cope with encountering new people and circumstances

Thanks for your response. How much did the surgery cost, approximately?

I do believe that this particular combination of features is one of the most unfortunate to have. My nose is huge and hooked whilst my lower jaw and chin are rather short and set back, which makes my face look off balance, in both profile and face-on. It's been playing on my mind more and more just lately and I'm at the point where I almost feel resentment towards people with "normal" sized noses and balanced facial features. I've never been a fan of cosmetic surgery, but the more I dwell on this, the more it seems like an attractive option. Maybe it's just a moment of weakness which will pass, but I do place partial blame on these facial features of mine for the fact that I'm 35 and have never managed to attract anyone in my life, thus far. I acknowledge there are other non physical drawbacks working against me too, though.
Well, I don't know about that. I personally hate my nose, I have the traditional big nose of my family's father side. I wouldn't know about the jaw, that'd be for others to say while they are actually looking at me.
What I do know is I still get looks and smiles, even though I don't really return them or act on them. But...it's such a subjective topic, man. I figure the girl I end up with (and I decided a long time ago the next girl WILL be the last girl) will like me for me, physically as much as personality-wise. Who cares if it fits in what is considered attractive or not to most people lol.
You tell me. You're somewhat younger than me. I took two days ago. Is that ugly? It's really very subjective.

I live in a country with allegedly "free" health care (technically it was for septum deviation, not plastic surgery) but doctors were outrageously underpaid at that time and I offered a "gift" amount of money no more than the average monthly wage

Well, I don't know about that. I personally hate my nose, I have the traditional big nose of my family's father side. I wouldn't know about the jaw, that'd be for others to say while they are actually looking at me.
What I do know is I still get looks and smiles, even though I don't really return them or act on them. But...it's such a subjective topic, man. I figure the girl I end up with (and I decided a long time ago the next girl WILL be the last girl) will like me for me, physically as much as personality-wise. Who cares if it fits in what is considered attractive or not to most people lol.
You tell me. You're somewhat younger than me. I took two days ago. Is that ugly? It's really very subjective.

Your jawline seems to compliment your nose, which to me, doesn't look all that big.

Also, you mention you get "looks and smiles". It baffles me when men say this, because I've never seen a girl or woman look or smile at me in my entire life, outside of situations where they've basically had to. I've literally never had one ounce of female attention in my life that could be described as non platonic.

I live in a country with allegedly "free" health care (technically it was for septum deviation, not plastic surgery) but doctors were outrageously underpaid at that time and I offered a "gift" amount of money no more than the average monthly wage

I see. I'm in the U.K. where we have a national health service, but as far as I'm aware, cosmetic surgery is never covered by that. I think I'm basically sh*t out of luck.

Cool, I was hoping I wouldn't leave that one on lol. It's the best most recent I had with a smile and you could see my face clearly, but it looked ****** baggy to me lol! I don't smile all that much.
Well, the first thing I notice is eye contact, when I feel someone is looking at me funny for some reason. I usually return the look and add a little corner smile. On occasion I get one back.
I also live in a big huge city with lots of people in it, most of it is in the subway. It might be looks of horror for all I know lol.
Thing is, you have to pay attention and not be too much "in your head". You might, but you don't necessarily pay attention to it. But...I doubt it has to do with either your nose or your jawline. Lol. It's a whole.

Thanks for the nice words, but I hate my nose lol. I doubt anyone will be able to convince me otherwise.
Edit; I'm in Canada, cosmetic usually isn't covered in insurance. But...before going that route man, which is permanent and might not leave you entitely happy, I'd encourage you to look at other things. My idea on surgery in my mind is a big flashing warning sign with "Tread Carefully" on it.
I use to think I was repulsive as hell. Time has shown me otherwise.

Last edited:
I see. I'm in the U.K. where we have a national health service, but as far as I'm aware, cosmetic surgery is never covered by that. I think I'm basically sh*t out of luck.
We have some really good dentists and plastic surgeons and foreigners come here because they can afford with their stronger currency income ... I can't afford those since are not covered

Cool, I was hoping I wouldn't leave that one on lol. It's the best most recent I had with a smile and you could see my face clearly, but it looked ****** baggy to me lol! I don't smile all that much.
Well, the first thing I notice is eye contact, when I feel someone is looking at me funny for some reason. I usually return the look and add a little corner smile. On occasion I get one back.
I also live in a big huge city with lots of people in it, most of it is in the subway. It might be looks of horror for all I know lol.
Thing is, you have to pay attention and not be too much "in your head". You might, but you don't necessarily pay attention to it. But...I doubt it has to do with either your nose or your jawline. Lol. It's a whole.

Thanks for the nice words, but I hate my nose lol. I doubt anyone will be able to convince me otherwise.

I've can't say I've ever seen anyone make eye contact with me outside of situations where it's been entirely necessary. On the exceptionally rare occasions I've tried to make eye contact and smile at women (not even in a flirtatious way, simply to pass the time of day), they've always looked away and refused to meet my glance. I just assumed that was normal.

I've can't say I've ever seen anyone make eye contact with me outside of situations when it's been entirely necessary. On the exceptionally rare occasions I've tried to make eye contact and smile at women (not even in a flirtatious way, simply to pass the time of day), they've always looked away and refused to meet my glance. I just assumed that was normal.
Oh yeah, that happens. Sometimes you get one back. I don't know what to tell you man lol.
I have nothing to do today, drop by and we'll walk around town trying it out, it'll be easier than typing about it 😉 lol

Edit; I'm in Canada, cosmetic usually isn't covered in insurance. But...before going that route man, which is permanent and might not leave you entitely happy, I'd encourage you to look at other things. My idea on surgery in my mind is a big flashing warning sign with "Tread Carefully" on it.
I use to think I was repulsive as hell. Time has shown me otherwise.

I appreciate what you're saying, but time hasn't shown me otherwise. I'm 35 and have never been on a date or kissed a woman. I guess I'm just caught in a mindset of feeling sorry for myself today. Hopefully it'll pass.

I appreciate what you're saying, but time hasn't shown me otherwise. I'm 35 and have never been on a date or kissed a woman. I guess I'm just caught in a mindset of feeling sorry for myself today. Hopefully it'll pass.
I hope so for you, man. I know what you mean, I've been there, still do on occasion. It'll pass.

My nose isn't huge, but my nostrils are. I don't know how much of an effect that has had on my ability (or lack thereof) to attract women. Are huge nostrils a turn off for women? I would think it would be. Anything that is out of proportion is usually a turn off.

Latest posts

Back