Anybody here in their 60s and above?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bettina

Reaction score
Just found this website in desperate search for something , someone who is also alone. Someone to talk to about life And life’s ups and downs.
I am 64. Last 3 years totally alone due to life’s circumstances and also social anxiety to seal the deal. I do have a few friends but they are in another state and other country.
Sometimes I feel like I don’t exist or like a ghost . I don’t know anybody in this town . I don’t know what happened to my life . Have not been in this kind of situation until 3 years ago. Now soon year 4 of loneliness will start. I must take some kind of action …

I an ccurrently 67 years of age. Born in 1955. A great time to be born. Only the parents were allowed into the delivery room, back then. I returned to the same hospital at 10 years of age, and almost died of a ruptured appendix, not far from the maternity ward I was born at. The pain was almost unbearable. I spent 2.5 days feeling like I was stabbed in my guts with a hot knife before my parents took me to the ER, where upon I was rushed into surgery. Spent two weeks in hospital with 6 injections of Penicillin a day.

Last edited:
I an ccurrently 67 years of age. Born in 1955. A great time to be born. Only the parents were allowed into the delivery room, back then. I returned to the same hospital at 10 years of age, and almost died of a ruptured appendix, not far from the maternity ward I was born at. The pain was almost unbearable. I spent 2.5 days feeling like I was stabbed in my guts with a hot knife before my parents took me to the ER, where upon I was rushed into surgery. Spent two weeks in hospital with 6 injections of Penicillin a day.
1955? That was a very good year!

I'm not sixty yet. But, how about searching for a community center. They are several near me. Sometimes I actually think about visiting them myself. But, then I realize I prefer to be alone. :)
I think you would love it there! Before covid appeared, we popped in there frequently. You like to play games and they generally have an exercise program and yoga program and there is always someone around you could play checkers or cards with. I wouldn't want to spend hours that one, but they are actually quite enjoyable. Just stay away from the old crabby people.

I think you would love it there! Before covid appeared, we popped in there frequently. You like to play games and they generally have an exercise program and yoga program and there is always someone around you could play checkers or cards with. I wouldn't want to spend hours that one, but they are actually quite enjoyable. Just stay away from the old crabby people.
The ones by me serve lunch everyday. You need to pre-order it. But, it makes it simple. I see lots of people show up just before lunch, eat lunch, and then play games for a few hours. My grandparents frequented their club house all the time. I even played pool with lots of the old guys living by them. My grandparents went to dances and cook outs. They really liked being able to do that.

I'm not six yet. But, how about searching for a community center. They are several near me. Sometimes I actually think about visiting them myself. But, then I realize I prefer to be alone. :)

Indeed so, Finished. I was working as a volunteer "Meals On Wheels" delivery driver, but in the past year I became disenchanted with MOW, delivering to wealthy older people, not non-handicapped older folks who had loads of money, very nice homes and new vehicles. One had a completely restored 1966 Ford Mustang that looked like it was brand new. But he was a nice person, and I let all that slide by me.

The straw that broke the camel's back was having to deliver to an ex-Marine family, whose senior man, the Marine, had been a truck-driver who went by the Citizens Band (CB) handle of "Jawbreaker", when I was driving semi-trucks. He had a metal, likely very expensive sign on his lawn, next to his driveway that read "No Parking for Non-Marines". If "Jawbreaker" is so tough, he can do for himself, as I'll not support such as "man" as this one in any capacity whatsoever, no matter what. My Dad told me that most veterans that act as this man does, likely didn't see much real action, so he can stick that malarkey up his hind-end as far as I am concerned.

My father suffered from what is called PTSD now. He never wished to kill anyone, and he treated our many Japanese-American customers with compassion and went out of his way to see that they were first on the list, no matter how long it took to get them product fast, no matter what time, or day.

No combat veteran in my family, who had served our country during a war, bragged or even spoke of it, including my own father who was in ground battle during WW II, fighting Japanese soldiers.

I lost a fine uncle and aunt, who married my father's oldest sister, back in 2016, and he never spoke of his service to anyone, but he was on the deck of a US destroyer-class vessel docked at Pearl Harbor, when the Japanese invaded the Honolulu military target's on December 7th of 1941.

He took flack from Japanese Zero's while manning an anti-aircraft gun on deck. He ended up in the military hospital, where he met up with my father's sister, a naval nurse. They were married for 74 years until they both passed on within a month of each other. They were good people and will be remembered until the day I pass-on as well. They lost their oldest son in 2013 in a motorcycle accident, which was a tragedy, and I lost a good cousin, who was only 65 years of age, and bought a brand new Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Had I trained him, this likely would not have occurred, since I was an expert street and dirt-bike motorcycle rider, but they did not live near me. At least I got to see and visit them one more time, when I went to my cousin's funeral service and reception, one last time. I take care of our family gravesite, since I am the closest living person of my families plot.

BTW my parent's told me of all this service my aunt and uncle did, not my aunt or uncle. We sent Christmas cards to each other for over eight years, even after both of my parent's had passed on. I miss them all very greatly and I always will.

Last edited:
Indeed so, Finished. I was working as a volunteer "Meals On Wheels" delivery driver, but in the past year I became disenchanted with MOW, delivering to wealthy older people, not non-handicapped older folks who had loads of money, very nice homes and new vehicles.
Yeah, I've seen lots of people accept charity when the didn't need it. The food bank here gives out 1 or 2 turkeys with all the trimmings for free to anybody who drives by. They do it for several thousands of people. It's supposed to be for people in need. But, many people have no honor any more and just take anything free if they can wether they need it or not.

The straw that broke the camel's back was having to deliver to an ex-Marine family, whose senior man, the Marine, had been a truck-driver who went by the Citizens Band handle of "Jawbreaker", when I was driving semi-trucks. He had a metal, likely very expensive sign on his lawn, next to his driveway that read "No Parking for Non-Marines". If "Jawbreaker" is so tough, he can do for himself, as I'll not support such as "man" as this one in any capacity whatsoever, no matter what. My Dad told me that most veterans that act as this man does, likely did see much action, so he can stick that malarkey up his hind-end as far as I am concerned. My father suffered from what is called PTSD now.

No combat veteran in my family, who had served our country during a war, bragged or even spoke of it, including my own father who was in ground battle during WW II, fighting Japanese soldiers.
Yep. My dad served in Korea. Most combat veterans do not want to talk about what happened. They especially do not want to brag about it.

I was in the military. I was not involved in any combat situations. There's no way I'm going to brag about it. I usually just say I was in the military and leave it at that if asked.

I lost a fine uncle and aunt, who married my father's oldest sister, back in 2016, and he never spoke of his service to anyone, but he was on the deck of a US destroyer-class vessel docked at Pearl Harbor, when the Japanese invaded the Honolulu military target's on December 7th of 1941.

He took flack from Japanese Zero's while manning an anti-aircraft gun on deck. He ended up in the military hospital, where he met up with my father's sister, a naval nurse. They were married for 74 years until they both passed on within a month of each other. They were good people and will be remembered until the day I pass-on as well. They lost their oldest son in 2013 in a motorcycle accident, which was a tragedy, and I lost a good cousin, who was only 65 years of age, and bought a brand new Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
Wow!

Had I trained him, this likely would not have occurred, since I was an expert street and dirt-bike motorcycle rider, but they did not live near me. At least I got to see and visit them one more time, when I went to my cousin's funeral service and reception, one last time. I take care of our family gravesite, since I am the closest living person of my families plot.
:)

Indeed so, Finished. I was working as a volunteer "Meals On Wheels" delivery driver, but in the past year I became disenchanted with MOW, delivering to wealthy older people, not non-handicapped older folks who had loads of money, very nice homes and new vehicles. One had a completely restored 1966 Ford Mustang that looked like it was brand new. But he was a nice person, and I let all that slide by me.

The straw that broke the camel's back was having to deliver to an ex-Marine family, whose senior man, the Marine, had been a truck-driver who went by the Citizens Band (CB) handle of "Jawbreaker", when I was driving semi-trucks. He had a metal, likely very expensive sign on his lawn, next to his driveway that read "No Parking for Non-Marines". If "Jawbreaker" is so tough, he can do for himself, as I'll not support such as "man" as this one in any capacity whatsoever, no matter what. My Dad told me that most veterans that act as this man does, likely didn't see much real action, so he can stick that malarkey up his hind-end as far as I am concerned.

My father suffered from what is called PTSD now. He never wished to kill anyone, and he treated our many Japanese-American customers with compassion and went out of his way to see that they were first on the list, no matter how long it took to get them product fast, no matter what time, or day.

Had I trained him, this likely would not have occurred, since I was an expert street and dirt-bike motorcycle rider, but they did not live near me. At least I got to see and visit them one more time, when I went to my cousin's funeral service and reception, one last time. I take care of our family grave-site, since I am the closest living person of my families plot.

BTW my parent's told me of all this service my aunt and uncle did not my aunt or uncle. We sent Christmas cards to each other for eight years, even after both of my parent's had passed on. I miss them all very greatly and I always will.

1955? That was a very good year!

Indeed so. I wish I had a Chevrolet, Ford or Chysler vehicle of that year. In good condition, it would be be priceless to me.

Yeah, I've seen lots of people accept charity when the didn't need it. The food bank here gives out 1 or 2 turkeys with all the trimmings for free to anybody who drives by. They do it for several thousands of people. It's supposed to be for people in need. But, many people have no honor any more and just take anything free if they can wether they need it or not.

Yep. My dad served in Korea. Most combat veterans do not want to talk about what happened. They especially do not want to brag about it.

I was in the military. I was not involved in any combat situations. There's no way I'm going to brag about it. I usually just say I was in the military and leave it at that if asked.

Wow!

:)

I was never in the military at all, but came very close to being drafted and sent to Vietnam with an inferior rifle, the Colt M-16, and had President Nixon not ended the draft in 1973, the year I graduated from high school I was not drafted, but I still had to register with Selective Service. I went on to junior college to become an auto-tech or "mechanic", specializing in repairing all the newer vehicles with air-conditioning systems and to lesser degree the automotive emission control systems, but I've rebuilt engines, clutches, transmissions and overhauled the many of the carburetors of the time as well as many other automotive devices and car or truck parts, saving lots of money for my family, and for myself, even now. I do all my oil changes, spark plugs or whatever I can still manage to accomplish at my age.

BTW, speaking of being in the military, anyone who lies about that should be sent to a prison. I've nothing but disgust for anyone who lies about that. I had a so-called "friend" in my youth who lied about fighting in Nam', usually to young women, to impress them. He graduated high-school in 1974. He lost a very intelligent and very nice girl-friend to that lying. He also lost me as a friend. You don't lie about such things around me, period, without consequences.

Thankfully, we have much better vehicles that use fuel injected engines, with the 1986 Ford coming out with a full fuel injection system before Chrysler and Chevrolet did, allowing for the high compression motors of the 1960's and early 1970's to return to the roadways, with much more power the 1973 to 1985 motors, which used low compression engines that were quite low-powered. A 1977 Pontiac Grad-Am as seen in the film industry, such as in "Smokey and the Bandit", were low-powered and only appeared to be fast. My own car would and could have SMOKED Burt Reynolds, easy.

We also got rid of leaded gasoline's in 1974-75, and the children of this world no longer need to have their IQ's reduced due to this toxic chemical absorbed into the lungs from exhaust fumes, and if spilled, the skin, r eaten in old house paints. It was developed as a substitute for Ethanol during the Prohibition of Alcohol from the "roaring 20's when Ethanol was banned for 13 long years. People back then knew about "Jury Nullification" so the law was judged, and the case dismissed. Nowadays, all judges, who are also attorneys, inform the jurors, that they must follow the charges leveled at the defendant, even if the law is unjust or unconstitutional. They never think ahead to the fact that one day they might become a defendant in a court of law themselves, and everyone seems to wish to charge the defendant as being guilty more times then not.

Being on jury duty is in no way fun, but it is your duty to show up and listen carefully to all the evidence. You _CAN_ still nullify the law and allow him or her to walk free, as in the O.J. Simpson case, where the cold-blooded killer of two innocent people, man and a woman, was allowed to walk out of court as free man. The jury seemed to ignore the DNA evidence against Mr. Simoson entirely, and the judge allowed it.

But back to the issue of leaded gasoine, It increased the compression of newer, more powerful engines so that they did not have pre-ignition, or "Knock", but all Lead is toxic to most all life-forms, and only the mercury amalgam in teeth filled with so -called "silver" fillings, with 50 percent being mercury, but not called that by the ADA, and banned in several countries in Europe, and I believe Canada has banned it as well, recently and is even more toxic then Lead. Tuna has lots of mercury, as it was used to mine Gold and Silver in the 19th century, and flowed into the oceans of Earth. Many mountain streams are still contaminated with Mercury, not safe to drink at all. Automotively speaking, now that Lead has been banned in all gasoline and most all non-commercial paints, many motor vehicles can run spark-plugs out to 100,000 miles and 5000-to 7500 miles on a change of Synthetic lubricants, not 3000 miles on oil and filter and 5000 miles on a spark-plug and ignition points. Electronic Ignition was in existence since the early 1970's, and I had changed my father's 1960's gasoline truck and pickup engines over to E-I, saving fuel, with no more monthly ignition points changes, and also installed a more efficient Holley Carburetor with a vacuum-advance system, increasing power and gasoline mileage, while decreasing emmisions and less spark plug cleaning or changes for me. A win-win to be sure. Those back spark plugs were _very _hard to reach, but it had to be done.

Just found this website in desperate search for something , someone who is also alone. Someone to talk to about life And life’s ups and downs.
I am 64. Last 3 years totally alone due to life’s circumstances and also social anxiety to seal the deal. I do have a few friends but they are in another state and other country.
Sometimes I feel like I don’t exist or like a ghost . I don’t know anybody in this town . I don’t know what happened to my life . Have not been in this kind of situation until 3 years ago. Now soon year 4 of loneliness will start. I must take some kind of action …
No need to be lonely, lot's of friends here! 😊 66 and counting. PM me if you ever want to talk.

Hi! Present and accounted for! I think there are a few of us on here who are in our 60s. It isn't always an easy age to be, is it? It's our time of life when nearly everyone we have loved is now gone. Just know you aren't alone.
Thank you Butterfly.
Do people actually make friends here ; I mean friends to talk to outside of this forum , like on phone or zoom etc . ?
It seems just like a sea of anonymous people. It feels overwhelming.

Latest posts

Back