Anybody in IT?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@4No1 ,

Its OK ,
I have only did a complete dynamic website once and it was difficult trying to build a complete website with some Html , Javascript , Php and Mysql database

It was a simple website with registration , login and a file upload section .

I thought i would work on making it better later but my external HDD with the source code got corrupted

I had the source code of the whole website with me until a month ago in my external HDD and it got corrupted .
Luckily i was able to recover lots of files from it with the help of test disk software . Its a good free software to recover files from corrupted HDD

After recovering it sorted all the recovered files in a strange order , all the files were there but now it was in different folders .

Now i don't spent time coding , i don't have that sort of time with me now .

If i have more time someday , then i would spent that time learning assembly language in MASM32

:)

I'd love to work in IT but more on the hardware side, because scripting intimidates me. I can barely get C++ to run

For me C++ is a kind of latin) It is good for some things though. I also don't get along with c++.

@Zen28, and what is your occupation?

I'm sorry but I don't know what is N+... Google doesn't help :(
I also learn some unpaid things that are relevant to the job. Though I can learn something during the work time but it's not often and not enough even for my current tasks. Sometimes it seem to me that all these frameworks change every day so you should check the news all the time just to not become a dinosaur.

I have to write python programs in my work. So, you can say I am in IT. But, I am more like a teacher so the programs are mostly tutorials.

I'm sorry but I don't know what is N+... Google doesn't help :(
I also learn some unpaid things that are relevant to the job. Though I can learn something during the work time but it's not often and not enough even for my current tasks. Sometimes it seem to me that all these frameworks change every day so you should check the news all the time just to not become a dinosaur.
It's called network+. Our systems often experience network failures so it's good to learn and use basic knowledge. Simple things like DNS lookups, tracert, using filters and pivot tables in Excel etc. are useful because others aren't familiar with them. Agree frameworks change so rapidly nowadays. I'd have to relearn HTML5 by now lol

I'm a programmer. I work in education. Long ago I did maintenance using C++. Then I worked in the ASP.NET environment. Now I am learning a proprietary system and back end database programming. I want to get away from web programming. That changes too fast.

Latest posts

Back