• Please register and login and join us. Registered members may block ads while they are logged in.

anybody tried the ketamine treatment for depression

worf

Reaction score
there is a clinic in tauranga. it cost a bit, but doc dismissed it for me. i should have asked him why.

JJW

Reaction score
I use licorice root. Usually as a tea.

Also, flower smells, open landscapes... really anything that can bring a smile or lighten your heart.

Prescriptions are over prescribed. I can't say should someones depression be severe that my methods would be helpful. They just are useful to me when I feel depression overwhelming me.

Janey

Reaction score
I haven't tried it but read that it is given in injections somehow. I don't believe it's made for long time use yet.

I've had bad results with prescribed antidepressants and tried most of them. Now I've been using the supplement 5htp. I get the Puritan's Pride brand and take 200 mg. a day. I began to notice the difference after about 3 weeks. I started at 100 mg. a day then upped it to 200 after a week. It seems to help even though I still have some pretty bad days.

ardour

Reaction score
St John's Wort. I usually need to take more than recommended. Combine it with the tea and vitamin D supplements (also, no-one here's going to know where Tauranga is)

Diagnosed

Reaction score
Nope!

I never take pills, except 1 centrum each 2 days (to avoid I die as fat as an spaguetti)

Tipmant

Reaction score
I have tried "K" that I injected. about all it has done for me is make me loopy.

Richard_39

Reaction score
Never have. My own treatment is alcohol-based. It even works sometimes.
My ex uses it though. Hasn't worked well for her, she still has regular panic attacks on top.

Sarah G

Reaction score
Patients can get a four day ketamine infusion in hospital here for severe depression or chronic nerve pain. It gives them a break when they can't stand another minute of reality. It makes sense I suppose.
'Here' is the Netherlands, btw.

Latest posts