Anyone been ghosted before?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. It hurts of course but there's nothing to be done about it. If that's what they wanna do then so be it. One person popped back up 7 years later, I was convinced by then that they must've been dead but no. People are strange.

Yes. It hurts of course but there's nothing to be done about it. If that's what they wanna do then so be it. One person popped back up 7 years later, I was convinced by then that they must've been dead but no. People are strange.
True

Yes, frequently. It used to join forums, make many attempts to start friendships and connect with people. I couldn't understand why, I thought I was somehow saying something bad, I'd go through what was said. I don't do that anymore.

Probably most of it wasn't my fault. I realise that there are a lot of bad and judgemental people, and I attract narcissists/sociopaths like flies to sugar.

Many of these people I met, seemed like sensible, kind, thoughtful people, like you would want them to be your BFF, only then a realised they are crazy.

I once replied to someone like that, who seemed like an amazing person.
A long time ago, I used to let it be known that I had Autism, because I thought that it would help people understand me better. It's common for people on the spectrum to do this.

As soon as I had mentioned to her that I had Autism, she went 180 and assumed that I was a guy from Cape Breton (were she was from), that I was judging her intelligence. I almost said that I wasn't judging but after her reaction, I was now. She also claimed that she had a degree in psycology and that I couldn't have autism, becuase I was talking to her. I guess we're all Rain Man. I think I wrote her back and said that if she paid for anything for that degree, than she should get a refund and that professor should be fired. I realise now, that she was crazy, and she wouldn't made a good friend anyway.

Therre's a quote that goes something like this. If people can't accept you at your worst, they don't deserve to be your friend.

I never intentionally ghost anyone, unless it's for a good reason. If someone does something wrong, I always try to let them know, so it doesn't happen again. Ghosting someone is terribly cruel.

Yes... it always hurts. I've stopped reaching out to people as much because of it. That's part of the reason for my seclusion anyways.

Latest posts

Back