Anyone else bad with words?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't expect to come in to this world being an eloquent speaker.
it takes practice and confidence to become good in speaking.
sure expect to mess up/stutter but don't give up.

I can talk to anyone and have a whole bunch of various useless information I can chat about. Only exception is someone I have feelings for. I mean, I HEAR myself being an idiot, or creepy, or annoying...so I stop talking. Akward silence. Then totally different subject and the cycle starts again.
So, if a girl hasn't run away after 20 or so minutes, I start thinking about proposing. 😉

When I get really upset I tend to not be able to express myself properly. Used to be worse but I guess it gets better the more you... practice?
Also if I'm around people I don't know, usually I won't talk.

I'm exactly the same way, except I can get tongue tied over the phone, too. I'm better at writing out what I want to say. I do feel like a complete idiot and wonder what people think when I do have to talk.

I'm bad with words. Though, I have improved a lot in comparison to my 20s.
I think the prevalence of the internet has forced us to face words. When I was a teen I never had to write a word. Listening, I don't hear things quite right. Me trying to replicate a tune is evidence of that, and my kid has no hesitation about letting me know. If you can't hear right, you don't replicate words right, or often even grasp their meanings.

Paterns don't love me. I'll spell the same word three different ways in the same paragraph. Words and reading are all about patterns. In a post I've learned to proof read intensely. Red squiggles help. But in texting or a chatroom where response is expected readily I'm screwed.

Forums are my best bet at being understood, and at times I even screw that up.

Even my learning disabilities have learning disabilities.

Latest posts

Back