Anyone Else Feel Invisible?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BluestheCat

Reaction score
Just going with this statement, or question, not sure exactly which is it ha, but does anyone else feel utterly completely invisible when in the company of a loved one? Almost like they somehow cannot see me at all, not see the pain of loneliness between us, but dismiss it completely, almost like I don't exist....or a group of people around you yet all they see is your so called smile, and not your sad lonely eyes...it's an odd thing, how that can be to a person, like me...just wondering am I alone, invisible to it seems everyone who is suppose to "know" me...

I think a lot of people, even if they genuinely care and make true attempts to empathize, can't really relate to extreme loneliness, so they don't understand just how devastating it can be.

For some individuals, there aren't any loved ones or groups of people around, which can heighten the sense of isolation/invisibility. 

I don't know if it helps with the loneliness, but you aren't alone in the feeling, Blues.

It happens to me, that I am inside a group and usualy when I say something, most of the times my words are ignored, or overlapped by someone else. That's the main reason I feel uncomfortable inside a large group of people and say quiet. I prefer more one on one conversations, as there I can release myself.

With my extended family, yeah, I'm mostly invisible. If I say something, it gets ignored. Then someone else will say the same thing and it's a fantastic idea. No one can seem to remember that I'm vegan, yet no one has any trouble remembering exactly what anyone else can and can't eat. Before anyone else had dietary restrictions, I was always told "there's a frozen pizza in the freezer" for holidays. Now that "special" people have restrictions, they get catered to. Heaven forbid they not get a reasonable alternative to the food everyone else is eating.

It's annoying as hell, but it's also whatever, IMO.

As for every other aspect of my life, I sometimes wish I could be invisible. lol

I appreciate all of your openness here. I don't feel invisible but I feel my feelings don't matter. I posted an incident this weekend on that topic. Hugs to you all

Finished said:
Yes. That's because I am invisible. I prefer it that way too.

Then you should join the Special Operations, you would perform well on infiltration missions  :D

Sorry, I needed to joke

Finished said:
^ No need to apologize. That's awesome! If something I did ended up causing someone to smile I feel better too.

To be honest I should have been a sniper.

Excellent choice  :D

Just going with this statement, or question, not sure exactly which is it ha, but does anyone else feel utterly completely invisible when in the company of a loved one? Almost like they somehow cannot see me at all, not see the pain of loneliness between us, but dismiss it completely, almost like I don't exist....or a group of people around you yet all they see is your so called smile, and not your sad lonely eyes...it's an odd thing, how that can be to a person, like me...just wondering am I alone, invisible to it seems everyone who is suppose to "know" me...
Sounds like you landed a dude that only cares about sex (or you're only dating him because he's good looking, and not because you actually have anything in common). Curse of the pretty girl I guess.

I mean no offense btw. It's a societal issue; we're brought up (men and women), to only care about sex and looks when finding a partner. Hense most relationships don't last.

I'm a man, and, I've been in one relationship with a man, and despite being unattractive myself, all he seemed to want out of me was sex. So I can actually fully relate to your post. I ended up breaking it off with him.

Funny thing is, he was actually an intellectual, but just total honeysuckle at conversation outside of a screen.

So that's the two layers to make it through to find a person that won't make you feel lonely; intellectual/wise enough to have worthwhile things to talk about, and witty enough to put those words to use.

Latest posts

Back