Anyone into music production?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iseestars

I was wondering if there's anyone into music producing around here. Just curious. :)

I am sure that a lot of people here enjoy listening to music. If you have some that you created, maybe you can share?

Sanal said:
I am sure that a lot of people here enjoy listening to music. If you have some that you created, maybe you can share?

I have something. Just started playing with electronic music recently. But I'm afraid that what I do doesn't sound good enough for people to listen. I will give it a try though. Where should I post it? I mean on which category on the forum?

iseestars said:
I have something. Just started playing with electronic music recently. But I'm afraid that what I do doesn't sound good enough for people to listen. I will give it a try though. Where should I post it? I mean on which category on the forum?

You can add something here as an attachment to your post or do it in a new thread in the "Express Yourself" section. Don't worry about it sounding good enough, especially when you just got into it. I've tried getting into it in 2018 with endless breaks inbetween, so I don't know where my skill level lies either.

I will upload the track un YouTube in the weekend and dare to post the link . :) I can't attach the file here, it says the file is too large, over 3MB. ...

I'm a bit ashamed of how poor it sounds. But I had to start from somewhere.... :)  It's  my first track actually .. :)  I absolutely love music in general. Can't live without it. I am brave enough to study music now at my own pace. :) And soon I will be brave enough to post it here and share it with everyone here. :)

Sorry I wrote "un" instead of "on" :D

iseestars said:
I will upload the track un YouTube in the weekend and dare to post the link . :) I can't attach the file here, it says the file is too large, over 3MB. ...

I'm a bit ashamed of how poor it sounds. But I had to start from somewhere.... :)  It's  my first track actually .. :)  I absolutely love music in general. Can't live without it. I am brave enough to study music now at my own pace. :) And soon I will be brave enough to post it here and share it with everyone here. :)

Ah, I didn't know there's a size limit anymore. We all got to start somewhere and it's for the best that I don't know for sure what my first track was. I've also been a music enthusiast for years and it's funny that I tried my luck with electronic music since I grew up with rock and metal music mostly. Regardless, Youtube is a good choice in that case, I've also made an archive channel for most of my stuff just in case I want to share it sometimes.

Rodent said:
iseestars said:

Ah, I didn't know there's a size limit anymore. We all got to start somewhere and it's for the best that I don't know for sure what my first track was. I've also been a music enthusiast for years and it's funny that I tried my luck with electronic music since I grew up with rock and metal music mostly. Regardless, Youtube is a good choice in that case, I've also made an archive channel for most of my stuff just in case I want to share it sometimes.

Will you also post here some links with music you produced?

iseestars said:

Certainly, here we go. Don't be fooled by the grim artwork...it's mostly synth tunes and even some piano pieces, cheery and dark alike.

[youtube]Dq2gSO7vz28[/youtube]

[youtube]9BKsqodAIAk[/youtube]

Rodent said:
iseestars said:

Certainly, here we go. Don't be fooled by the grim artwork...it's mostly synth tunes and even some piano pieces, cheery and dark alike.

[youtube]Dq2gSO7vz28[/youtube]

[youtube]9BKsqodAIAk[/youtube]

Wow your tracks sound awesome! What DAW did you use? Did you produce them solely using the DAW or also with the help of a MIDI keyboard?

iseestars said:
Wow your tracks sound awesome! What DAW did you use? Did you produce them solely using the DAW or also with the help of a MIDI keyboard?

Thanks for the kind words. I'm using FL Studio Fruity Edition, the cheapest version available. I was thinking of upgrading someday but since I barely invested any time into this in 2020 I have not done so yet. I did it only with the software and no MIDI keyboard or other extra tools. But within FL Studio (and other software as well I assume), you can have your regular keyboard work as input. The keys are just projected onto your letters. It works since I can't really play the piano anyway. *cough*

Rodent said:
iseestars said:

Thanks for the kind words. I'm using FL Studio Fruity Edition, the cheapest version available. I was thinking of upgrading someday but since I barely invested any time into this in 2020 I have not done so yet. I did it only with the software and no MIDI keyboard or other extra tools. But within FL Studio (and other software as well I assume), you can have your regular keyboard work as input. The keys are just projected onto your letters. It works since I can't really play the piano anyway. *cough*

I've listened to your other tracks on YouTube as well. They're all very well made. I'm glad I discovered your music! Thank you for sharing it here on the forum!

Regarding my song, I will have to set up an YouTube account in the weekend. In the week days I don't really have enough time unfortunately, due to work.  I will post the link here as soon as I'm done uploading the song on YouTube.

iseestars said:
I've listened to your other tracks on YouTube as well. They're all very well made. I'm glad I discovered your music! Thank you for sharing it here on the forum!

Thanks again. But believe me, there are plenty of much more talented people out there. There's no shortage of "higher standards" to aim for.

iseestars said:
Regarding my song, I will have to set up an YouTube account in the weekend. In the week days I don't really have enough time unfortunately, due to work.  I will post the link here as soon as I'm done uploading the song on YouTube.

Don't worry, I know how work gets in the way of these things. I'll be looking forward to it.

Rodent said:
iseestars said:

Thanks again. But believe me, there are plenty of much more talented people out there. There's no shortage of "higher standards" to aim for.

iseestars said:

Don't worry, I know how work gets in the way of these things. I'll be looking forward to it.

I know there's always room for improvement in everything. But music is something that feels alive. And I think every piece of music brings something important into the world. :)

Ok so I managed to upload the tracks on Soundcloud . I didn't get time to set up an YouTube account (too much work for me atm : D )

My songs sound pretty bad, but don't worry, I'm still working on them, one day they might sound good enough. : )

I've had a bad morning so pardon my hurry : )

Here are the links

Oooone... https://soundcloud.com/unscanned/memories

Aaaand two... 

Oh and enjoy your day out there, you, beautiful people! : )

You're definitely not lacking in aptitude, these sound way better than my first tracks. I'm not sure if it's normal to undersell your work when you haven't shared it with other people before. It certainly is for me, but you're doing good work there - you even got your first likes on Soundcloud already. What can I say, keep it up.

Rodent said:
You're definitely not lacking in aptitude, these sound way better than my first tracks. I'm not sure if it's normal to undersell your work when you haven't shared it with other people before. It certainly is for me, but you're doing good work there - you even got your first likes on Soundcloud already. What can I say, keep it up.

Thank you for the kind words! But I'm never happy with what I do, I always plan on doing things better and better. I personally think my tracks sound all over the place, and that they're monotonous. I'm trying to study some music theory now, you know, the circle of fifths, major and minor chords and all that, so that I could enhance the quality of the tracks. But at the same time I don't spend too much time on a track because I've read an article saying I should produce dozens of tracks, practice and practice until something good comes along, so I'm trying to do that..
Also, I think I'm really bad at mastering the tracks. I've added some equalizer and some reverb but for the most part I don't know what I'm doing. I've seen some tutorials on Udemy on mastering, I plan on looking more into that these days.

^ I like all the tracks included by both you and Rodent. I tried many years ago to make music. I wanted to create sounds that induced different emotions. But, it's a lot more difficult then one imagines. Especially when one doesn't have any talent in that area.

Finished said:
^ I like all the tracks included by both you and Rodent. I tried many years ago to make music. I wanted to create sounds that induced different emotions. But, it's a lot more difficult then one imagines. Especially when one doesn't have any talent in that area.
 Did you try a certain acoustic instrument first? Sometimes it's better to start with a very small keyboard or ukulele to get a feel of what you could do with just a few notes. And concerning talent, I think music is part of human nature, by default, we just have to activate the talent and work on it. We all have a beating drum inside our chests, called heart. We can all start from there. : )

Most "talent" comes from practicing with effusive enthusiasm. If you're really into something, you do it a lot and you get far better at it than people who practice less. I played guitar for years and I loved it, so I played for hours upon hours. People told me that I had "talent," but I knew it was just because I holed myself up in my room for hours upon hours and practiced. I joined a band, played live, recorded and had at least 1 radio interview, but life soon got in the way of all of that.

Latest posts

Back