Anyone into music production?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ewomack said:
Most "talent" comes from practicing with effusive enthusiasm. If you're really into something, you do it a lot and you get far better at it than people who practice less. I played guitar for years and I loved it, so I played for hours upon hours. People told me that I had "talent," but I knew it was just because I holed myself up in my room for hours upon hours and practiced. I joined a band, played live, recorded and had at least 1 radio interview, but life soon got in the way of all of that.

Wow... Where can we listen to your songs now? And what was the name of the band, if you don't mind sharing?

I enjoy making this style of slow, melancholy heavy metal. Kind of like the Cure but with lots of distortion.

Gh05t said:
I enjoy making this style of slow, melancholy heavy metal. Kind of like the Cure but with lots of distortion.

That's awesome! Where can we listen to your music?

iseestars said:
I was wondering if there's anyone into music producing around here. Just curious. :)

I am just starting to dabble in the art.
Just need enough money to get a decent set of headphones and I will be away  :D

HypnoGhost said:
iseestars said:
I was wondering if there's anyone into music producing around here. Just curious. :)

That's awesome! :) Good luck in everything!

iseestars said:
HypnoGhost said:
iseestars said:

That's awesome! :) Good luck in everything!

Thanks  :D I've made a couple of tracks already, just messing around.
I have a couple of friends who do MP as a lifestyle so have been handed their old equipment. So looking forward to getting it all together and getting this music out of my head! Haha

Gh05t said:
iseestars said:
That's awesome! Where can we listen to your music?

What do you think of this? https://vocaroo.com/1arJn7rd3JmP

Chilled and dark yet stirring.
I like it very much!
Thanks for sharing  :D

Kind of?
I never did totally figure out a DAW, but I messed around with them enough to grasp the concept of how they work.
Traditionally I'm a live musician, but I understand how production works in terms of technical science and audio engineering, I just can't do it myself.
DAWs feel like an airplane cockpit to me.
Plus I don't really have the hardware like I used to for them.
My external sound card is old, really old, like I'm surprised it's lasted 8 years old, and it kinda has a mind of its own and only works provided I don't keep ******* around with it old.
I've got little 8-inch monitors, nothing fancy, but it's still better sound quality than stock laptop speakers.

I produced a bunch of various pieces and songs, via electronic keyboard, piano and guitar. Nothing I’d share although my wife and I sung a song I wrote for my youngest daughter’s baptism in which I played the guitar. It was well received by all who attended.

I have acoustic ukulele , and I was video editor person before, so I know basic stuff of working in DAW. I might buy electric ukulele soon and start my own mini recordings on PC soon ....

I dabbled between 2006 and 2015, then spent some time learning Jeskola Buzz I had on a disc then made about 12hrs of experiements which were on cassette and have been since lost to my house clearance (rent arrears) but I managed to get about 4hrs online, Ive posted them in the "express yourself" area of this forum, all very amateuristic and just starting to get into it then bam, the grand architects decline management team appeared on the scene, so lost everything, my computer, 100s of vst/vsti in 32bit Win, lost £8k of vinyl, 1k cds, equipment, 1k of cassettes collected over 30 years, my clothes, furniture.
It was my turn to be legally plundered, but electronic music was a passtime I really enjoyed, worked hard in jobs to collect all the bits, controller, wav recorder, speakers, turntables, mixer, lost the lot to the mafia of mediocrity and their bingo boy bosses.

Latest posts

Back