• Please register and login and join us. Registered members may block ads while they are logged in.

Anyone on Reddit?

Sarah G

Reaction score
I'm on Reddit. I keep reading that cursed chronic illness fakers/Munchausen by internet sub and it's ruining my life but I can't stop. Why are toxic things so addictive?

JJW

Reaction score
Been there. There was more aggression than I cared to deal with, and a lot of foolishness.

Wayfarer

Reaction score
I'm on Reddit. I keep reading that cursed chronic illness fakers/Munchausen by internet sub and it's ruining my life but I can't stop. Why are toxic things so addictive?
what is that about? so people fake having some illness?
I had tried using reddit for a bit... joined a couple writing oriented subreddits too... but it didn't work out for me.

Sarah G

Reaction score
what is that about? so people fake having some illness?
I had tried using reddit for a bit... joined a couple writing oriented subreddits too... but it didn't work out for me.
Yeah, it's a thing now to become a chronic illness influencer (whether you're really ill or not) or to make yourself ill out of obsession (true Munchausen) or for attention, likes, followers (Munchausen by internet). This Reddit group exposes them. Its interesting but kind of disturbing.

TheSkaFish

Reaction score
I've gone back and forth about joining.

There's some stuff on there that really angers me and makes me want to stay away.

But on the other hand, I figure that I could avoid the subreddits about issues, and just use it for the hobby/interest subreddits, like r/worldbuilding.

So who knows, maybe I might join someday. When I'm in a more stable, organized position in life, I really want to dive into my interests for real, and maybe the hobby/interest subreddits might help point the way to the knowledge and inspiration I've been looking for.

Last edited:

Latest posts