Anyone on Reddit?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm on Reddit. I keep reading that cursed chronic illness fakers/Munchausen by internet sub and it's ruining my life but I can't stop. Why are toxic things so addictive?

I used to go on some time ago, but then I figured I alread read it.
Read it.
Reddit....
Re...okay I'll stop now 😅

Been there. There was more aggression than I cared to deal with, and a lot of foolishness.

I'm on Reddit. I keep reading that cursed chronic illness fakers/Munchausen by internet sub and it's ruining my life but I can't stop. Why are toxic things so addictive?
what is that about? so people fake having some illness?
I had tried using reddit for a bit... joined a couple writing oriented subreddits too... but it didn't work out for me.

what is that about? so people fake having some illness?
I had tried using reddit for a bit... joined a couple writing oriented subreddits too... but it didn't work out for me.
Yeah, it's a thing now to become a chronic illness influencer (whether you're really ill or not) or to make yourself ill out of obsession (true Munchausen) or for attention, likes, followers (Munchausen by internet). This Reddit group exposes them. Its interesting but kind of disturbing.

I've gone back and forth about joining.

There's some stuff on there that really angers me and makes me want to stay away.

But on the other hand, I figure that I could avoid the subreddits about issues, and just use it for the hobby/interest subreddits, like r/worldbuilding.

So who knows, maybe I might join someday. When I'm in a more stable, organized position in life, I really want to dive into my interests for real, and maybe the hobby/interest subreddits might help point the way to the knowledge and inspiration I've been looking for.

Last edited:
I am, mostly to keep up with the conspiracy sub, which is now essentially the anti-vaccine mandate sub, which I have no problem with.

Other than that, Reddit is... trash. Complete censorship, most of the popular subs run by the same mods.

It's like people aren't actually having a discussion, but trying to sound the wittiest to score karma.

I am, mostly to keep up with the conspiracy sub, which is now essentially the anti-vaccine mandate sub, which I have no problem with.

Other than that, Reddit is... trash. Complete censorship, most of the popular subs run by the same mods.

It's like people aren't actually having a discussion, but trying to sound the wittiest to score karma.
Oh, I can hardly stomach politics anymore, my head would explode reading that sub. I got banned on Twitter while back for something I still can’t believe. But I decided not to appeal, it’s better for my health. Twitter is sewer, but I do miss expressing myself so I joined Reddit, and now this forum.

This why I don’t even go there. Know a rabbit hole before you get in it. i know someone why searched autopsies on ytube and algorith keep feeding it to him. He horrible time redirecting algorithm away from increasing morbidit.

This why I don’t even go there. Know a rabbit hole before you get in it. i know someone why searched autopsies on ytube and algorith keep feeding it to him. He horrible time redirecting algorithm away from increasing morbidit.
I've managed to delete Reddit now but it took me another three weeks after that post so...yeah. It definitely didn't make me a better person.

Latest posts

Back