Anyone out there..?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NovelEater

Reaction score
Hi. I'm obviously new here.
I found this after googling about “if we could go back in time”. That's how messed up I am this past few years, that I resorted to googling about a tiny bit of a possibility of maybe going back in time.

It is sad and pathehic. I know.

Anyway, please please let there be anyone that could maybe give me some feedback/ advice / response about whatever my life has become.

I still can't believe I'm doing this but I'm between desperate for advice or just wanting to talk to some stranger that don't know me that I also don't know..and just because I really need to vent and just chat about just anything.

Thanks for the check out...and...Hello!
I guess.?

Hello, welcome to the forums.

I used to go back in time a lot but kept bumping into a much younger and more attractive me with a super hot girlfriend so I quit.

It's not sad or pathetic. Everyone, at one point in time, wants to go back and fix things. Sadly, though, you can't. All you can do is go forward, so you have to find a way to stop dwelling in the past. Yes, whatever happened, happened, but it only has to torture/haunt you if you allow it to. Find a way to forgive yourself and focus on today. Start over, start building yourself to be the person you want to be.

Also, forgiving yourself doesn't have anything to do with whether or not something was done to you or if you did something to someone else. It's about healing and let's be honest, we could probably all use some self forgiveness.

Anyway, welcome to the forum :)

It's not sad or pathetic. Everyone, at one point in time, wants to go back and fix things. Sadly, though, you can't. All you can do is go forward, so you have to find a way to stop dwelling in the past. Yes, whatever happened, happened, but it only has to torture/haunt you if you allow it to. Find a way to forgive yourself and focus on today. Start over, start building yourself to be the person you want to be.

Also, forgiving yourself doesn't have anything to do with whether or not something was done to you or if you did something to someone else. It's about healing and let's be honest, we could probably all use some self forgiveness.

Anyway, welcome to the forum :)
Thanks.. That made me a little bit okay with myself somehow.. And honestly it's been a long time since I liked my self. So it's a great sigh of relief for me. At least tonight. I'm still not sure about tomorrow.. But still.. Thanks!

I found this after googling about “if we could go back in time”. That's how messed up I am this past few years, that I resorted to googling about a tiny bit of a possibility of maybe going back in time.

Anyway, please please let there be anyone that could maybe give me some feedback/ advice / response about whatever my life has become.

I still can't believe I'm doing this but I'm between desperate for advice or just wanting to talk to some stranger that don't know me that I also don't know..and just because I really need to vent and just chat about just anything.

I guess.?

I'd like to go back in time and do things better too....but it isn't going to happen. Callie has it right, our only real option is to move forward from where we are now and be a bit wiser from our past mistakes.

As tempting as going back in time is, it's impossible and looking forward is the only thing to do. Whatever has occurred, don't beat yourself up about it (even if it's your fault in some way, which it probably isn't), just keep going and build anew.

The best thing we can do with the past is learn from it and go onwards and upwards from there. Try and think and plan for the future much more than for the past.

I'm not trying to be morbid here, but life is short and we just have to go forward and not let past events ruin the life we have ahead.

All the best to you.

I guess.?
In my opinion we tend to romanticize and make memories lot happier than they actually were. Often we regret decisions we made but if you factor the exact knowledge you had at that decision time you would have made same decision again, when we gain more knowledge we will regret a decision if it proves to be wrong and with the new knowledge we would have made better decision. All innovation and development is based on establishing what iis wrong for being able choose better, that is why we have test rigs, hypothesis and prototypes. The most important thing is to learn and do better.

Welcome Noveleater. Glad to see someone from PH here, even if it is for distraught reasons. The others have made the point well: going back might be nice, but since it's not an option (in most cases), we can only look forward.

So, make a plan on how you're going to overcome this challenging time. You might start by counting your blessings, assessing your abilities, and praying for strength. You need that, because you'll inevitably encounter future situations prompting the same feelings. Let each experience shape your character into the better, stronger person God designed you to be.

I guess.?
Hi

I guess.?

Hello, nice to have you here. I also feel like going back in time and doing things differently.

Hope you find what you are looking for here.

Welcome to the forum.

Latest posts

Back