Anyone play guitar?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since my main instrument was bass as compared to guitar,I only either plucked or used a pick. On the guitar,I filled in on rare occasions as the rhythm guitar player which makes sense and easier then lear. Lol. As for the 12 string,I tried using my fingers the correct way, but with limited success. The only reason that I got 12 string was my ex wife thought I had devil music and basically traded all my music CDs for it at a pawn shop and simply experimented with it.
Im sorry, but thats just so funny to me,.. devil music :ROFLMAO:
But like at least you got something cool in return though i guess. Id probably burst out laughing if that happened to me, but i can understand it being frustrating.

I never played bass, i do know the plucking technique, but playing without frets would probably get me.

I also have a very broad love for music, from chopin to slayer and most in between. I mostly was into rock and metal, but when you start playing guitar you really learn to like a lot of other music, you really open up.

I remember playing for a friend on her birthday once a few years ago, thats as close as i ever got to a live performance. Her mom got out a nylon and steel string, and we played songs i didnt know whatsoever, but her mom told me the chords as they came up, and the girls were just singing. A lovely night by a campfire.

I also have a very broad love for music, from chopin to slayer and most in between. I mostly was into rock and metal, but when you start playing guitar you really learn to like a lot of other music, you really open up.

I remember playing for a friend on her birthday once a few years ago, thats as close as i ever got to a live performance. Her mom got out a nylon and steel string, and we played songs i didnt know whatsoever, but her mom told me the chords as they came up, and the girls were just singing. A lovely night by a campfire.
Sounds awesome and best of times for playing and my preference back in the 80s.

@Bones 2.0 maybe you can help me with something. I havent played in a few years, and now i keep pressing my hand against the high e string, sometimes muting it. Like im holding it wrong. Do you know like the propper way to hold the neck? So it leaves a little space for the high e string?

I understand your worries about strings and pain after playing the instrument. This always happens when you pick up a guitar after a long break or even for the first time. It is absolutely normal, and after a while, your fingers will get used to the string stiffness, and you won't even be hurt. You can also use any mediator. This is especially welcome in classical guitar since the sound is not distorted and will be much easier for you to play. I can recommend a website where you can order different guitar picks. I've been using it for about two years now, and I love the picks they make.

Latest posts

Back